New Female Member of Sunday Night Baseball Announcing Team

OLDSANDBAGGER

EOG Senior Member
What is your opinion of the job Jessica Mendoza did last night on SN Baseball? I knew Schilling was suspended but wondered if they would replace him or just go with two in the booth. Never heard of Jessica Mendoza before. To me it was a really pleasant surprise.

She is not some bimbo hired to look good but not really knowing sports. This lady, who per her bio has a husband and two kids, is very knowledgeable about baseball. Indeed she was a great athlete in her own sport, fast pitch softball, at Stanford and on two U.S.A. Olympic teams, winning a gold and a silver.

She seemed relaxed talking about hitting and nuances of the game. Congrats to her and ESPN and I hope she becomes a permanent addition.

yisman

EOG Master
Re: New Female Member of Sunday Night Baseball Announcing Team

yeah she made her debut last week I believe, I was watching a weekday game and she was on

OLDSANDBAGGER

EOG Senior Member

Right, they mentioned that. Also Kruk joked with her about her first Sunday Night game being a no hitter. Seemed to fit right in.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Sometimes the best man for the job is a woman.

TEXED

EOG Veteran

I enjoyed her for awhile, but soon got tired of her talking so much . For me she went into too much endless detail on hitting etc.. Seemed like I kept putting on mute shortly after switching over. But she seemed like a nice enough person.

railbird

EOG Master

I like shilling. But ravetch Peterson and nomad need to be fired ASAP.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I like shilling. But ravetch Peterson and nomad need to be fired ASAP.

Nomar works for the Dodgers - only did the LLWS for ESPN.

I thought Jessica did a GREAT job. She knows more than 99.999999% of all people watching

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Vasgersian adds value to every telecast he anchors.

A-Rod offers the player perspective and Olney is a solid reporter.

The Jessica Mendoza Era on Sunday Night Baseball is over.

I'd claim the 3-2 pitch was fouled off.

Do people really not watch because who the broadcasters are? I mean its TV coverage of a game, you don't have any good alternatives if you care about the game. And if you don't care about the game, why would you tune in anyways and then decide forget it, I don't like one of the analysts?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
mendoza came from announcing the METS before this with ron darling

I was unaware of her work with the Mets.

Fast-pitch softball and Major League Baseball are two different games.

She always fashioned herself as a hitting expert.

I watch a lot of games with no sound.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The WNBA players recently received a significant pay raise in their newest Collective Bargaining Agreement.

No one attends the games in Atlanta or New York.

I saw several games in Atlanta and New York last season with fewer than 1,000 people in the stands.

Ridiculous.