New Orleans is a Manifestation of the Hip Hop Generation

No what you are seeing in NO is the poor predominately black minority that didn't have the means to evacuate the city. Among them of course are the "hoodrats" & "gangstas".

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Natural disasters have hit poor people in the past. I was a teenager during hurricane Camelia so I remember big hurricanes and the aftermath, never can I remember "victims" shooting at rescuers. Excusing this as "poor people w/no hope" is bullshtt

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
ridiculous to insinuate any type of music can breed criminals...criminals have been around since the beginning..mobsters and so on have been doing their thing long before rap...

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Lawrence said:
ridiculous to insinuate any type of music can breed criminals...criminals have been around since the beginning..mobsters and so on have been doing their thing long before rap...

What "music" have elevated these acts as something to stride for:

Gangstas"

"AKs"

"Cop Killers"

"Turf Wars"

"Bitchs & Hos"

"Hoodrats"

"Bling Bling"

??

ThunderGod said:
No what you are seeing in NO is the poor predominately black minority that didn't have the means to evacuate the city. Among them of course are the "hoodrats" & "gangstas".

Agreed, Amoung those mentioned by Sam are alot of good families and tragic stories. Aaron Neville, Warrick Dunn, and Harry Conick, Jr. are but a few that have missing friends and family members in N.O. There are pieces of chit in all communities and classes of live; this tradgedy is putting N.O under the microscope.

Sam Odom said:
Natural disasters have hit poor people in the past. I was a teenager during hurricane Camelia so I remember big hurricanes and the aftermath, never can I remember "victims" shooting at rescuers. Excusing this as "poor people w/no hope" is bullshtt

Great post!

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Relief workers confront 'urban warfare'

Violence disrupts evacuation, rescue efforts in New Orleans

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (CNN) -- Violence disrupted relief efforts Thursday in New Orleans as authorities rescued desperate residents still trapped in the flooded city and tried to evacuate thousands of others living among corpses and human waste.

Federal Emergency Management Agency Director Michael Brown said his agency was attempting to work "under conditions of urban warfare."

Police snipers were stationed on the roof of their precinct, trying to protect it from armed miscreants roaming seemingly at will.

Officers warned a CNN crew to stay off the streets because of escalating danger, and cautioned others about attempted shootings and rapes by groups of young men.

What has happened is a tragedy for humanity regardless of race, creed, social status, or any other demographic.

Reflect on the things we all have and be grateful.

GreenDoberman said:
What has happened is a tragedy for humanity regardless of race, creed, social status, or any other demographic.

AMEN

Sam Odom said:

I am not excusing this as anything! But this is NOT the "summer of '69"!
This is 2005 and until you live in New Orleans for a while you have no idea just how damn poor and crowded these black folks are. Not that there isn't poor white people in NO there is but not near as many! New Orleans black community is infested with filth, scum, drugs, guns, disease you name it. I am just telling it like it is. What is being shown on TV right now in NO is the worst of America. I am embarrassed by the people of New Orleans, I am embarrassed by the state government at all levels, as well as on the federal level, but most of all I am embarrassed for the whole state of Louisiana.:+signs8-2

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Col. Henry Whitehorn, chief of the Louisiana State Police, said he heard of numerous instances of New Orleans police officers - many of whom were from flooded areas - turning in their badges.

"They indicated that they had lost everything and didn't feel that it was worth them going back to take fire from looters and losing their lives," Whitehorn said.

http://www.eitb24.com/noticia_en.php?id=86422

Interesting what a group of blacks do with no authority

Many of them just cannot behave and that is why prisons filed with them

Mr. Teaser

EOG Member
GreenDoberman said:

Well put