New Pinnacle Line of the Fezzik/Shrink Challenge

David Matthews

EOG Enthusiast
<TABLE id=tblPropFut onmouseover="changeto(event, '#F6C88F')" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#EEEEEE')" cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR id=ignore0><TD colSpan=3>Handicapping Contest

</TD></TR><TR id=ignore_a0><TD colSpan=3>Fezzik vs Shrink Challenge

</TD></TR><TR class=CT3 id=ignore_b0><TD width="15%">Sun 10/23</TD><TD colSpan=2>Fezzik vs Shrink Challenge</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD>10:00 AM</TD><TD class=MBB>101 Fezzik</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">+165</TD></TR><TR class=MBB><TD width="15%"> </TD><TD class=MBB>102 Shrink</TD><TD class=MBB width="25%">-175</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<CENTER><INPUT class=button onclick="window.location='default.asp'" type=button value="Return To Wagering Menu "></CENTER>

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>
17-13 </TD><TD align=middle>
13-17 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

$10k to the winner. Did anyone else take Fezzik up for $10K?

David Matthews

EOG Enthusiast
Shrink was the first one to take on Fezzik in the challenge, but there are two other challenges. Fezzik's in a position to lose $40,000 unless he hits a hot streak. While his monitored plays for the site are doing very well, his contest plays aren't.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
A lot of talk around these various boards but when the 10k was mentioned not much walking. :+signs8-1

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
David Matthews said:
Shrink was the first one to take on Fezzik in the challenge, but there are two other challenges. Fezzik's in a position to lose $40,000 unless he hits a hot streak. While his monitored plays for the site are doing very well, his contest plays aren't.

I hate to ask this, but why would you have two sets of results? Different monitored plays vs. different contest plays? Will doing well for the monitored plays makeup for 40 dime loss on contests? This is confusing at best.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

David Matthews

EOG Enthusiast
OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
I hate to ask this, but why would you have two sets of results? Different monitored plays vs. different contest plays? Will doing well for the monitored plays makeup for 40 dime loss on contests? This is confusing at best.

The Hilton contest requires exactly 5 sides per week at whatever lines they make it. No totals, no line shopping, and you can't put in 2 picks one week and 8 the next week. You might really like a team, but the Hilton has +5.5 and the line out at books right now is +7 so you can't use it for the contest.

With the site, he picks sides AND totals, 1st half bets, 2nd half bets, and he usually has more than 5 picks in a week.

He may or may not bet on the sides he picks in the contest, he definitely bets every pick he makes for the site, and they're all monitored (by me and Anthony Curtis).

Fez is also in first place in the Leroy's college capping contest (although he has 3 entries in it).

With a 4 game lead and -175 Shrink is a bargain here. Still not half way through the year, but with thjis type of contest 4 games is a tough number. Especially if they start sharing some sides, which as the season wears on should be more likley.

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
Fezzik will start taking the bad lines and hope that Shink takes the good lines. If he knows your plays early Shink he will simply take the opposite side to give himself the best shot at beating you. Don't let him do that. Pick only neutral games where the line hasn't moved yet and for gods sake don't let him know what you are taking.

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated
Frog, the truth is Fezz in his own words is doing terrible at picking NFL games. It has nothing to do with line shopping. That excuse is bullshit. I can give you many examples of the Hilton Contest where line shopping has nothing to do with Fezzik hitting below 50%.

Now if Fezzik was picking losers using the Hilton line and showed that he could of won the game if he used a line at another book then the line shopping bullshit excuse would be valid. A closer look however, shows Fezzik is picking NFL games at the Hilton contest using the best line at the time.

Lets face it, his NFL picks have been horrible.

David Matthews

EOG Enthusiast
Chuck Sims said:
Frog, the truth is Fezz in his own words is doing terrible at picking NFL games. It has nothing to do with line shopping. That excuse is bullshit. I can give you many examples of the Hilton Contest where line shopping has nothing to do with Fezzik hitting below 50%.

Now if Fezzik was picking losers using the Hilton line and showed that he could of won the game if he used a line at another book then the line shopping bullshit excuse would be valid. A closer look however, shows Fezzik is picking NFL games at the Hilton contest using the best line at the time.

Lets face it, his NFL picks have been horrible.

I like you Chuck, but to be fair, I think it's reasonable to see this:

http://www.fezziksplace.com/record.cfm

I also know that FEZZIK is doing much better than his HILTON picks would have you to believe...

There aren't many handicappers I truly RESPECT, but FEZZIK is one of the very best, despite his showing against me and in the Hilton Contest...

THE SHRINK

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
Well I liked Major's last year. I had no complaints. I liked the format and the deadline before the first bowl game kicked, that all of you plays were in. I think you had to pick five 3*'s, five 2*s and five 1*s. I also liked the fact that Pinny had matchups for the whole contest. I think the entry was 1k and that was a nice way to play a lot of the bowl games cheaply.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Fezzik's plays are often mine, because we have the same capping style. We take a high % of dogs, and value numbers. That has been consistent for ten years, until last season, the old reversal. I had my worst NFL in 15 years last year, and could not do better than 50% in any contest I entered. Worse yet, normal last place finishers were winning. A guy in the carib contest hit 3 5-0 weeks in a row, with all chalk. How many dogs covered this week? 2 or 3 out of 14? I told The SHRINK he had a good chance in this contest, before it started as I had a bad feeling this was not a one year anamoly. Now, I will bet anything I can but NFL dogs. You can only hit your head against the wall so long. But I am profiting on props and totals. Things unavailable in contests. So I make my own contest. Look at the entire board, all sports. Find the value, hope it cashes. Been playing that contest 30+ years. Some things don't change. What does NBA preseason look like tonight?

Now Chuck, let's show some mercy on Fezzik. Obviously he stands to lose quite a bit if he continues his brutal %. Was actually admirable of DM to stick up for Fez. But you are right, in this business, excuses just suck.