New soccer super league! WTF???

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

Starting 2022!!!! I AM IN COMPLETE SHOCK!

20 teams such as...
Real Madrid
Atletico Madrid
Barcelona
Man City
Man United
Liverpool
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham
Juventus
AC Milan
Inter Milan

Starting 2022!!!! I AM IN COMPLETE SHOCK!

20 teams such as...
Real Madrid
Atletico Madrid
Barcelona
Man City
Man United
Liverpool
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham
Juventus
AC Milan
Inter Milan

Lol yeah right, this is an obvious move. Teams are sick of wasting their time playing shit clubs. I'm sure Man U fans will miss all those matched against Brighton and Southampton.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
The thing is though most of these EPL teams aren't even qualified for the champions league as it stands. Arsenal almost lost to bottom feeder maybe soon to be relegated Fulham. But I said this a few times on this forum. Traditonal ways of life are becoming dead no matter how right or how wrong.

This is a bad move for soccer though. History changing. Epstein ess. I have the money I can do whatever I want. Not cool.

The thing is though most of these EPL teams aren't even qualified for the champions league as it stands. Arsenal almost lost to bottom feeder maybe soon to be relegated Fulham. But I said this a few times on this forum. Traditonal ways of life are becoming dead no matter how right or how wrong.

This is a bad move for soccer though. History changing. Epstein ess. I have the money I can do whatever I want. Not cool.

Its pretty simple though. The clubs see what happened in North America and want that money. Blame us for supporting insane TV contracts and public funding of stadiums, among other things that have driven these billion dollar valuations of most NBA and all NFL franchises.

Imagine the US equivalent of this. The Cubs have a bad year and have to sit out the biggest tournament in the world while the Tulsa Drillers off a stellar AA year are out playing the LA Dodgers trying to be David knocking off Goliath in a two game series. Yeah I don't like their chances but it's fun to watch and gives hope to the people of Tulsa.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Its pretty simple though. The clubs see what happened in North America and want that money. Blame us for supporting insane TV contracts and public funding of stadiums, among other things that have driven these billion dollar valuations of most NBA and all NFL franchises.

Imagine the US equivalent of this. The Cubs have a bad year and have to sit out the biggest tournament in the world while the Tulsa Drillers off a stellar AA year are out playing the LA Dodgers trying to be David knocking off Goliath in a two game series. Yeah I don't like their chances but it's fun to watch and gives hope to the people of Tulsa.
The TB Bucs owner could have been the one pushing for those. Doesn’t he own one of the EPL teams?

The TB Bucs owner could have been the one pushing for those. Doesn’t he own one of the EPL teams?

Yeah they own Man U so they are part of it. Brillant deal for them, paid $800m, $500m of it debt and now probably worth $4bn, maybe more with this league.

Look at UEFA acting like jilted bitches. Can't wait for the lawsuit from the clubs, I hope they bankrupt those bastards and FIFA too. Go for billions boys, the corrupt mother fuckers running the game need to be taken out back and shot.

Oh well this version isn't happening but eventually it will. Big clubs create all the ratings and they get so little of the money. Can't believe the corrupt idiots win this battle, they couldn't let the rich clubs play each other for their own cup. If this happened in the US the lawsuit would be truly massive.

Wade

EOG Master
I live in my own little world so this doesn't concern me. Not sure why people care about sports. It's like that bronx tale movie when the kid tells the guy he likes joe DiMaggio and the guy asks does joe DiMaggio give a shit about you then says why should you give a shit about joe DiMaggio.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Oh well this version isn't happening but eventually it will. Big clubs create all the ratings and they get so little of the money. Can't believe the corrupt idiots win this battle, they couldn't let the rich clubs play each other for their own cup. If this happened in the US the lawsuit would be truly massive.
It’s going to happen sooner rather than later. I also can see this to North American sports when foreign ownership starts buying up teams. NCAA football and the NBA are prime for this.

Valuist

EOG Master
With relegation, teams can't do the tank that teams like the Cubs and Astros did around 10 years ago. Tanking has been terrible for the NBA. But what good is tanking when numerous teams are doing it?

Tanking happens because of the draft. If there was no draft there is no point to tanking. Only the MLS has a draft and it's mostly meaningless in the supply of talent. Soccer always will see a worldwide pool for talent that no draft will ever control.

These views of fans worldwide is just completely outdated. Yeah everyone loves an underdog story and to be able to think their lowly club could go play a world power someday. That's fine and all, but it ignores the fact that except for matches amongst the very best the games are usually not that competitive and upsets happen more out of luck than anything.

For those who don't follow world soccer this is like saying college sports should ban conferences and only play teams in their own states. When games between teams in different states happen only the NCAA should sanction them and they will make sure the best from all states get included. So the fourth best team in Texas this year is screwed, you guys stay home and get better or else no bowl for you and more importantly no money. If you are the best team in Montana of course we want to include you, you get to play Notre Dame, champions of Indiana in the NCAA tournament. It's total bullshit. Fans want to see Notre Dame play a good team.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
I live in my own little world so this doesn't concern me. Not sure why people care about sports. It's like that bronx tale movie when the kid tells the guy he likes joe DiMaggio and the guy asks does joe DiMaggio give a shit about you then says why should you give a shit about joe DiMaggio.

It was Mantle
And from that day on he didn't feel the same about the Yankees again..

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

BINGO

Those who thought of this and the clubs that agreed to it did not do all of their "homework" and due diligence here. They "messed" up. They now have their tail between their legs. But as you and others have said - they will be back.

Only this time it will be set up in a way that all of the outrage that happened won't be able to happen. This is coming to fruition - it is only a matter of time.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The Arsenal fans are protesting against the owner wanting to leave for the superleague. Nice to see Stan Kroenke is as popular in the UK as he is here.

This is live -

The Arsenal fans are protesting against the owner wanting to leave for the superleague. Nice to see Stan Kroenke is as popular in the UK as he is here.

This is live -

Yeah he's pretty much despised like nothing else in the Denver market. Avs and Nuggets have maybe their best teams ever and most people can't watch them here thanks to his pissing fight with Comcast.

Here's the dumb thing though about all these protests. FIFA and UEFA made them toxic by saying players couldn't compete anywhere else. That is such blatant anti-market behavior by the most corrupt organizations in sports. The Super League is basically what teams would do in their non league time. Why should EPL or La Liga kick them out for saying instead of playing in Champions League and enriching the corrupt organizations, we want to play in our own league? I just don't get that. Champions League would still continue on, plenty of teams for them to continue to draw in. Europa League seems to get plenty of interest even though its rarely has participants from this group.

Its all just so dumb, the backlash and all the shit that was threatened is just so out of line. And really so illegal, for FIFA to say a player can't compete in the World Cup, which has nothing to do with club football, because they were in Super League is just unbelievable. I kind of get why they would say you can't play in Euro, but that doesn't make it any less mafioso type behavior. Imagine what would happen if FIBA, which runs world basketball, said any players who are on the Lakers and Celtics can't play in the Olympics because the Lakers and Celtics refused to pay us off. What would American fans say to that? That's essentially what sunk Super League at this time.