New Thinking on Covid Lockdowns: They’re Overly Blunt and Costly

mr merlin

EOG Master
Duh.

There's a reason no society in history has ever done this...because the whole concept is insane. You quarantine the sick and vulnerable, not the healthy.

MrTop

EOG Master
the democrats slowed the game down by keeping the game on the ground (masks) ... air-trump was afraid to go deep with a war.. so many weeks left to find a victim ( country )

billysink

EOG Dedicated
a pro active, blanket social distancing, handwashing, mask, limited congregation and contract tracing order, issued March 1 would have saved tens of thousands of lives and saved your economy from extended damage.

Instead you got, don't worry about it it's gonna go away, pardon me I'm going golfing.

It's too late for anything now, let it run it's course or wait for the latest "cure".

It'll be something good this time. Mashed potatoes and gravy by suppository perhaps.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Did the other countries do this? France is going thru another wave right now.

The key part is the statement that lockdowns dont alter anything, they only delay it. So basically everywhere that has a wave is likely done, those that haven't will at some point. Best thing to do is get it over with.
UK Govt Scientist Admits Lockdown Was A "Monumental Mistake On A Global Scale"
Lockdown was a panic measure and I believe history will say trying to control Covid-19 through lockdown was a monumental mistake on a global scale, the cure was worse than the disease,” said Woolhouse, who is now calling on the government to unlock society before more damage is done.
“I never want to see national lockdown again,” he added.
“It was always a temporary measure that simply delayed the stage of the epidemic we see now. It was never going to change anything fundamentally.”​

The professor asserts that the impact of the response to coronavirus will be worse than the virus itself.

“I believe the harm lockdown is doing to our education, health care access, and broader aspects of our economy and society will turn out to be at least as great as the harm done by COVID-19,” said Woolhouse.​