NFL Fantasy Football News/Articles - ESPN Insider 4 New Articles Added 11/6/06

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Some players shuffled around for this upcoming season, and some tough decisions for those who draft in the top 3 positions.......

LaDanian Tomlinson ?
Shaun Alexander ?
Larry Johnson ?

Can Edgerrin James put up solid numbers now that he's in Arizona?

Should Dallas Cowboys' Terrell Owens be the first WR taken?

Can San Diego's Antonio Gates coninue to put up All-Star RECEIVER stats with Philip Rivers at QB now?

As usual, success in the Football Fantasy World this coming season will rely on some homework, early transactions & trades, and just pure luck!

Hache Man

NFL Fantasy Football News/Articles - ESPN Insider 4 New Articles Added 11/6/06

Some players shuffled around for this upcoming season, and some tough decisions for those who draft in the top 3 positions.......

LaDanian Tomlinson ?
Shaun Alexander ?
Larry Johnson ?

Can Edgerrin James put up solid numbers now that he's in Arizona?

Should Dallas Cowboys' Terrell Owens be the first WR taken?

Can San Diego's Antonio Gates coninue to put up All-Star RECEIVER stats with Philip Rivers at QB now?

As usual, success in the Football Fantasy World this coming season will rely on some homework, early transactions & trades, and just pure luck!

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I really enjoy fantasy.

LaDanian Tomlinson ? Winner
Shaun Alexander ? Winner
Larry Johnson ? Not sure

Can Edgerrin James put up solid numbers now that he's in Arizona? Not as good as being in Indy.

Should Dallas Cowboys' Terrell Owens be the first WR taken? No, Marvin Harrison is the guy.

Can San Diego's Antonio Gates coninue to put up All-Star RECEIVER stats with Philip Rivers at QB now? I doubt it. Brees was the man!

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I really enjoy fantasy.

LaDanian Tomlinson ? Winner
Shaun Alexander ? Winner
Larry Johnson ? Not sure

Can Edgerrin James put up solid numbers now that he's in Arizona? Not as good as being in Indy.

Should Dallas Cowboys' Terrell Owens be the first WR taken? No, Marvin Harrison is the guy.

Can San Diego's Antonio Gates coninue to put up All-Star RECEIVER stats with Philip Rivers at QB now? I doubt it. Brees was the man!

sabian06

EOG Dedicated
yeah i remember not long ago that everyone was shy on taken T.O. when he went to the eagles......He exploded his first year in philly....everyone was all over him the next season.........

sabian06

EOG Dedicated
yeah i remember not long ago that everyone was shy on taken T.O. when he went to the eagles......He exploded his first year in philly....everyone was all over him the next season.........

A lot of people got burnt by Culpepper last year after his huge year in 2004. His stock slide this year becasue of the injury uncertainties and the belief he can't get it done without Moss

But, he's gonna have one hell of a comeback year in 2006 if his knee is 100 %

A lot of people got burnt by Culpepper last year after his huge year in 2004. His stock slide this year becasue of the injury uncertainties and the belief he can't get it done without Moss

sabian06

EOG Dedicated
Ego74 said:

I unfortunately was one of those guys ego:+frustrat ....he destroyed me..........but i hope you are so right on the money for this..............major dolphins fan here :D

sabian06

EOG Dedicated
Ego74 said:

I unfortunately was one of those guys ego:+frustrat ....he destroyed me..........but i hope you are so right on the money for this..............major dolphins fan here :D

Barring injuries, Dolphins are gonna be major players in the AFC in 2006, Sabian. I hear they may be landing Lavar Arrington soon as well

Barring injuries, Dolphins are gonna be major players in the AFC in 2006, Sabian. I hear they may be landing Lavar Arrington soon as well

Hache Man

2 Oakland Raiders Teammates to consider & keep an eye on, who in my opinion will rebound with big numbers this year:

QB Aaron Brooks (Former Saints QB)
WR Randy Moss

I believe these two are going to hook up BIG time this year.
Each of them will depend on the other the complete season.
This combination could even mimic the days of Culpepper to Moss.

As long as Aaron & his WR Corps stay healthy, Brooks should put up large passing statistics while throwing to Moss, Joey Porter, and RB Lamont Jordan, who the coaching staff like throwing to out of the backfield while having 70 receptions last year.

Hache Man

2 Oakland Raiders Teammates to consider & keep an eye on, who in my opinion will rebound with big numbers this year:

QB Aaron Brooks (Former Saints QB)
WR Randy Moss

I believe these two are going to hook up BIG time this year.
Each of them will depend on the other the complete season.
This combination could even mimic the days of Culpepper to Moss.

As long as Aaron & his WR Corps stay healthy, Brooks should put up large passing statistics while throwing to Moss, Joey Porter, and RB Lamont Jordan, who the coaching staff like throwing to out of the backfield while having 70 receptions last year.

Hache Man

Some other thought I want to share with myfellow EOG Fantasy Players

New Minnesota RB Chester Taylor (Baltimore Ravens)

If the Vikings coaching staff would commit to one RB instead of changing starters from week to week, new RB Chester Taylor could make a huge impact. He could be a steal in your Fantasy Draft, but in all reality it is just too risky.

Other new RB tandem who's numbers could be affected by sharing playing time, making them risky:

AFC:
Baltimore Ravens: Jamal Lewis / Mike Anderson

NFC:
Arizona Cardinals: Even though former Colts RB Edgerrin James will obviously be the featured back, Arizona's coaches will still more than likely give playing time to both Marcel Shipp & JJ Arrington , hurting Edgerrin's numbers just a bit.

Carolina Panthers: With the release of Stephen Davis, it eliminates a RB tandem which has been problematic for Fantasy Players in the past, and opens the door for DeShaun Foster to get most of the playing time, which should equal big production.

New Orleans Saints: Saints signed Michael Bennett. Even though Deuce will carry the load when healthy, it's just another RB to clog up the backfield with Deuce , Antowain Smith , Aaron Stecker, & Anthony Thomas (If they keep them all that is)

Hache Man

Some other thought I want to share with myfellow EOG Fantasy Players

New Minnesota RB Chester Taylor (Baltimore Ravens)

If the Vikings coaching staff would commit to one RB instead of changing starters from week to week, new RB Chester Taylor could make a huge impact. He could be a steal in your Fantasy Draft, but in all reality it is just too risky.

Other new RB tandem who's numbers could be affected by sharing playing time, making them risky:

AFC:
Baltimore Ravens: Jamal Lewis / Mike Anderson

NFC:
Arizona Cardinals: Even though former Colts RB Edgerrin James will obviously be the featured back, Arizona's coaches will still more than likely give playing time to both Marcel Shipp & JJ Arrington , hurting Edgerrin's numbers just a bit.

Carolina Panthers: With the release of Stephen Davis, it eliminates a RB tandem which has been problematic for Fantasy Players in the past, and opens the door for DeShaun Foster to get most of the playing time, which should equal big production.

New Orleans Saints: Saints signed Michael Bennett. Even though Deuce will carry the load when healthy, it's just another RB to clog up the backfield with Deuce , Antowain Smith , Aaron Stecker, & Anthony Thomas (If they keep them all that is)

Totally agree about Chester Taylor, Hache. I actually thought the Ravens were going to let go of Lewis and make Taylor the man there. My only question about the guy was if he had the durability to carry the ball 25-30 times a game, no question about him having the tools to be a big time back

Totally agree about Chester Taylor, Hache. I actually thought the Ravens were going to let go of Lewis and make Taylor the man there. My only question about the guy was if he had the durability to carry the ball 25-30 times a game, no question about him having the tools to be a big time back

Hache Man

Ego I would of guessed that Baltimore was going to keep Taylor also.
Like you, it really surprised me that they held on to Lewis and let Taylor go, who seemed to be very effective when in the game......

Hache Man

Ego I would of guessed that Baltimore was going to keep Taylor also.
Like you, it really surprised me that they held on to Lewis and let Taylor go, who seemed to be very effective when in the game......

sabian06

EOG Dedicated
Ego74 said:

hope you are right ego..........I would really love to have arrington but i think his price might be a little too high......if we get him along with zach thomas and an up and coming star in channing crowder then we will be a force at linebacker

sabian06

EOG Dedicated
Ego74 said:

hope you are right ego..........I would really love to have arrington but i think his price might be a little too high......if we get him along with zach thomas and an up and coming star in channing crowder then we will be a force at linebacker

Yah, I think LaVar is commanding $6 million a year. Maybe they can wait it out and his price will go down some

Yah, I think LaVar is commanding $6 million a year. Maybe they can wait it out and his price will go down some

Hache Man

WR Nate Burleson

This guy should have a big year in Seattle, who signed him away from Minnesota.

After a big year in 2004/2005 , he was limited due to injury this past season.

He should play the opposite side of Darrell Jackson with Bobby Engram going back to the 3rd receiver.

As long as they all stay healthy, Matt Hasselbeck & the Hawks could be even more dangerous this year.

Hache Man

WR Nate Burleson

This guy should have a big year in Seattle, who signed him away from Minnesota.

After a big year in 2004/2005 , he was limited due to injury this past season.

He should play the opposite side of Darrell Jackson with Bobby Engram going back to the 3rd receiver.

As long as they all stay healthy, Matt Hasselbeck & the Hawks could be even more dangerous this year.

Hache Man

Dallas QB Drew Bledsoe

Although Bill Parcells loves to run the ball, he seemed to open it up a little bit more with Bledsoe having targets such as Terry Glenn, Keyshawn Johnson, and tight end Jason Witten.

What may be surprising to some is that Drew Bledsoe finished 8th in the NFL in total passing yardage this past season.

With Terrell Owens joining the Dallas offense this year, Bledsoe once again should put up solid numbers and could likely improve on last season.

Hache Man

Dallas QB Drew Bledsoe

Although Bill Parcells loves to run the ball, he seemed to open it up a little bit more with Bledsoe having targets such as Terry Glenn, Keyshawn Johnson, and tight end Jason Witten.

What may be surprising to some is that Drew Bledsoe finished 8th in the NFL in total passing yardage this past season.

With Terrell Owens joining the Dallas offense this year, Bledsoe once again should put up solid numbers and could likely improve on last season.

mofome

Banned
-TO Signing will help glen more than anything else, well he and witten
-TO does nothign vs the skins.
-TO now has to play vs philyl who has a great sedcondary
-TO vs the gmen could be his best NFC east matchup
-Smith will be the best fantasy WR with S Moss close second.
-James will have great value in AZ as soon as warner isnt at QB
-Culpepper will be a stud if the Oline plays well
-Bush/Maroney/Williams could be rookie studs
-Johnson is your #1 pick
-Koren robinsons is your breakout candidate at WR
-Javon walker is the best Wr (with favre back)likely to slip the most.
-Portis tops 1850 total yards with new offense and Al Saunders
-Chambers becomes a top 4 WR

those are a few things off the head, much more as the season nears.

love it

mofome

Banned
-TO Signing will help glen more than anything else, well he and witten
-TO does nothign vs the skins.
-TO now has to play vs philyl who has a great sedcondary
-TO vs the gmen could be his best NFC east matchup
-Smith will be the best fantasy WR with S Moss close second.
-James will have great value in AZ as soon as warner isnt at QB
-Culpepper will be a stud if the Oline plays well
-Bush/Maroney/Williams could be rookie studs
-Johnson is your #1 pick
-Koren robinsons is your breakout candidate at WR
-Javon walker is the best Wr (with favre back)likely to slip the most.
-Portis tops 1850 total yards with new offense and Al Saunders
-Chambers becomes a top 4 WR

those are a few things off the head, much more as the season nears.

love it

JTC43005

EOG Member
FANTASY FOOTBALL STUD

FANTASY FOOTBALL STUD

MARK IT DOWN, TAKE A PICTURE OF IT, I DON'T GIVE A F**K!!!
LARRY JOHNSON WILL RULE FANTASY FOOTBALL NEXT SEASON.

JTC43005

EOG Member
FANTASY FOOTBALL STUD

FANTASY FOOTBALL STUD

LARRY JOHNSON WILL RULE FANTASY FOOTBALL NEXT SEASON.

sportstalk

EOG Member
JTC43005 said:
Just like hache said in the beginning, it will come down to those 3 running backs of LT - L J - and Alexander.
I think it's still up in the air on priest holmes coming back.If he does then that takes away some playing time for lj.

sportstalk

EOG Member
JTC43005 said:
Just like hache said in the beginning, it will come down to those 3 running backs of LT - L J - and Alexander.
I think it's still up in the air on priest holmes coming back.If he does then that takes away some playing time for lj.

sabian06

EOG Dedicated
not sayin he would be top 3 but could see him in the top 5 if he can stay healthy (which you can say about anyone) is julius jones from dallas......especially in leagues where receptions count........with TO it will now open up everything even more.....glenn TO jason witten....drew has it made this year....julius jones IF HEALTHY top 5 possibly top 3

sabian06

EOG Dedicated
not sayin he would be top 3 but could see him in the top 5 if he can stay healthy (which you can say about anyone) is julius jones from dallas......especially in leagues where receptions count........with TO it will now open up everything even more.....glenn TO jason witten....drew has it made this year....julius jones IF HEALTHY top 5 possibly top 3

Hache Man

Good point Sabian, but as you said key is Julius Jones staying healthy, which he has struggled to do so far in Dallas.

If he does though, there could be a lot of scores/TD's for him this year.....

Hache Man

Good point Sabian, but as you said key is Julius Jones staying healthy, which he has struggled to do so far in Dallas.

If he does though, there could be a lot of scores/TD's for him this year.....