NFL Futures

kane

EOG master
Kane who's tanking this year?
I don't know if there's a team that's tanking, but there's no incentive for teams like Seattle or Houston to try to win, they're both badly in need of a franchise QB, being as bad as possible will allow them to draft high in next years draft and be able to select that QB

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks for sharing, KANE.

I don't subscribe to a football frame of mind until August.

I admire guys who follow the sport 12 months a year.

That's probably what it takes to beat the NFL and NCAAF at odds of 11/10.

kane

EOG master
I can promise you I'll have some sort of Lions future, just need time to figure out exactly what I'm doing with them

Dell Dude

EOG Master
kane. Do you deny that you endorsed the Deshaun Watson trade? Lightly mind you but it appears you were on the wrong side unless you admit you endorsed and refuse to call it a bad trade.

kane

EOG master
kane. Do you deny that you endorsed the Deshaun Watson trade? Lightly mind you but it appears you were on the wrong side unless you admit you endorsed and refuse to call it a bad trade.
I have no idea what you're talking about, I didn't endorse anything, I posted Watson is a much better QB than Mayfield, and it doesn't matter how much legal trouble he's in, talent wins out which is why the Browns dumped Mayfield for him, if this was Jacoby Brissett with all the allegations, no one would touch him and he'd be out of the league, but if you're as good a QB as Watson is, teams will look the other way

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
There is a bit more to it than grading Watson ahead of Bakers in talent. Current and futures cat scandals. The former cost him 2 years. The latter may add another 1. Very real possibility never plays a down for the Clowns. Gave up 3 first round dwaft queen picks. All of that guaranteed money for 5 years which will soon become 4. To avoid going 2-14 they are going to need Bakers who you have completely Humaliated the entire offseason. You either crawl back to him or you go 2-14. These working ladies not going away. Lawsuits and personality interviews all over the place. Going to dominate the season while he can't even play.

What the fuck do you think is going to happen? Watson is going to come back in 2023 and pull a Matthew Stafford and all of the above will become worth it? This is not Tony Homo yet you are softly endorsing on technical points.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
It doesn't matter how much legal trouble he's in, talent wins out which is why the Browns dumped Mayfield for him, if this was Jacoby Brissett with all the allegations, no one would touch him and he'd be out of the league, but if you're as good a QB as Watson is, teams will look the other way

Watson is not that good. Watson isn't Tony Homo to being Tony Homo that good. It would take Tom Brady 3 years ago or Aaron Rodgers 2 years ago to have enough talent to make the trade at least possibly good pending the result. 100% can grade this as bad. Only question is will it be the worse and worse ever.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I don't know if there's a team that's tanking, but there's no incentive for teams like Seattle or Houston to try to win, they're both badly in need of a franchise QB, being as bad as possible will allow them to draft high in next years draft and be able to select that QB
If Davis Mills takes moves up to the next level, they may not need a QB.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Just give me a thumbs up or down on Watson trade. You are right why they signed him and probably right that he is more talented than Bakers but was it the right decision?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I won't argue. This thing will be graded over time. Should be a clear grade either Christopher Wray. I am on worse and worse trade of all time.

Valuist

EOG Master
This is what I've played so far, I'll be adding as the season gets closer, anyone is welcome to post their plays here

Ravens to make the playoffs (-135)
Bengals Under 10 wins (even) Sorry Screw I'm still not a believer
Saints Over 8.5 wins (-125)
On board with your Bengals and Saints seasonal plays. Not as sold on Ravens, but we need to see how many games Watson gets.

kane

EOG master
On board with your Bengals and Saints seasonal plays. Not as sold on Ravens, but we need to see how many games Watson gets.
The Ravens dealt with a ton of injuries las year, odds are that doesn't happen again, Lamar Jackson also missed 6 games and they went 1-5 in that stretch, the schedule is manageable ranking 11th in terms of SOS, they also had a great draft, have one of the best coaches in the league, and I like their culture, I think they have a bounce back season and make the playoffs

Valuist

EOG Master
The Ravens dealt with a ton of injuries las year, odds are that doesn't happen again, Lamar Jackson also missed 6 games and they went 1-5 in that stretch, the schedule is manageable ranking 11th in terms of SOS, they also had a great draft, have one of the best coaches in the league, and I like their culture, I think they have a bounce back season and make the playoffs

My issues with the Ravens: 32nd in defensive yards/play, yet 3rd defensively in 3rd down conversion success. Being the smaller subset, I view that 3rd down performance as very fortunate.

As for the injuries, we see these running QBs who have some success then start to get dinged up. Maybe Lamar will be all the way back. Maybe not.

I do agree on Harbaugh and I couldn't bet them under at 9 1/2 as their special teams are always toward the top. Cincy is my preferred under in the division.

Heim

EOG Master
Sean King the former NFL QB on VSIN is high on the ATL under 5.

Moreover, likes them to go winless at 20/1.

Pickman Jones

EOG Dedicated
This is what I've played so far, I'll be adding as the season gets closer, anyone is welcome to post their plays here

Bengals Under 10 wins (even) Sorry Screw I'm still not a believer

i agree with all that. i`ll be on fade bengals this year.

Durbify

EOG Member
Thanks for sharing, KANE.

I don't subscribe to a football frame of mind until August.

I admire guys who follow the sport 12 months a year.

That's probably what it takes to beat the NFL and NCAAF at odds of 11/10.
John,
I watch off season coaching changes/player trades/draft/injuries/suspensions. I prefer to start my capping when the men suit up and I know who’s going to be on the field. It also keeps the bias out for me. Cheers John!

boston massacre

EOG Master
My issues with the Ravens: 32nd in defensive yards/play, yet 3rd defensively in 3rd down conversion success. Being the smaller subset, I view that 3rd down performance as very fortunate.

As for the injuries, we see these running QBs who have some success then start to get dinged up. Maybe Lamar will be all the way back. Maybe not.

I do agree on Harbaugh and I couldn't bet them under at 9 1/2 as their special teams are always toward the top. Cincy is my preferred under in the division.

WR Position Will Be A Raven Issue.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
STRAIGHT BET to win $7,250.00
Risk: $50.00 - Win: $7,250.00
National Football League-Odds to win 2022 - Super Bowl LVII
TNT - Detroit Lions +14500

STRAIGHT BET to win $3,000.00
Risk: $50.00 - Win: $3,000.00
National Football League-Odds to win 2022 NFC Conference
TNT - Detroit Lions +6000

STRAIGHT BET to win $609.50
Risk: $50.00 - Win: $609.50
National Football League-Odds to win 2022 NFC North
TNT - Detroit Lions +1219

MrTop

EOG Master
NFL Launches Its Own Streaming Service, NFL+
New platform offers live prime-time national games and in-market Sunday afternoon games on tablets and mobile phones

blueline

EOG Master
NFL Launches Its Own Streaming Service, NFL+
New platform offers live prime-time national games and in-market Sunday afternoon games on tablets and mobile phones
Sounds like what used to be free on the app will now have a fee

kane

EOG master
STRAIGHT BET to win $7,250.00
Risk: $50.00 - Win: $7,250.00
National Football League-Odds to win 2022 - Super Bowl LVII
TNT - Detroit Lions +14500

STRAIGHT BET to win $3,000.00
Risk: $50.00 - Win: $3,000.00
National Football League-Odds to win 2022 NFC Conference
TNT - Detroit Lions +6000

STRAIGHT BET to win $609.50
Risk: $50.00 - Win: $609.50
National Football League-Odds to win 2022 NFC North
TNT - Detroit Lions +1219
You might as well put something on Dan Campbell to win COY, if any of these hit he'll win the award

MrTop

EOG Master
Mr. Goodell said since the league has locked up long-term agreements with its traditional media partners through the next decade, “this is the right time to start the platform.”

The league has looked to expand its reach beyond cable and broadcast networks. Last year, the NFL moved its Thursday Night Football package to Amazon.com Inc.’s AMZN -1.40%▼ Prime Video streaming platform. The league is also in talks with Amazon and Apple Inc. AAPL -0.74%▼ about acquiring the rights for its Sunday Ticket package when the current deal with satellite broadcaster DirecTV expires after the 2022-23 season, The Wall Street Journal reported last month.

The NFL’s new streaming service will be available in two tiers—NFL+ and NFL+ Premium—costing $4.99 and $9.99 a month, respectively. Both services will carry in-market Sunday afternoon games as well as national games in prime time on Sunday, Monday and Thursday nights. NFL+ users won’t be able to access out-of-market regular season games through the platform.

Amazon in Talks to Carry Many NFL Games Exclusively on Prime Video​

TV networks are expected to pay nearly twice as much for new rights to Sunday, Monday games​

The National Football League is on the verge of signing new rights deals with media partners that could see Amazon.com Inc AMZN -1.40%▼. carry many games exclusively and TV networks pay as much as double their current rate, people familiar with the matter said.

New agreements could be in place as early as next week, the people said. The television deals for the league’s Sunday and Monday franchises with Fox, CBS, NBC and ESPN are likely to run for as long as 11 years, they said.

ESPN’s deal would go into effect after the 2021-22 season while the Fox, CBS and NBC agreements would kick in after the 2022-23 season.
A deal with Amazon would result in a significant number of Thursday night games exclusively on its Prime Video platform and represent the league’s deepest foray into streaming, some of the people said. Those games wouldn’t be available on traditional television outside of the local markets of the two teams playing, they said.

blueline

EOG Master
On the app I would get the Sunday night Monday night etc games plus whatever games were showing in the local market for free...looks like that's toast

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Bengals Under 10 wins (even)
Giants to make the playoffs (+220)
NY Jets Under 6.5 wins (-130)
49ers Under 10 (-115)
Colts to win the AFC South (-110)
Bills to win the AFC East (-200)

Have I missed any?

Hoping you do 1/2 as well as you did on the NBA futures.

Good luck to us, I'm riding with you on these......