NFL Week 2: Post your picks, thoughts and leans

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
I usually look to bet 0-1 teams playing 1-0 teams in good situations. So, Dolphins, Redskins, Giants, count as good leans, with Lions and Cardinals being half leans. What is everyone else doing?

blueline

EOG Master
Chargers offensive line was bad, have to think detroit can put heat on him, like lions in a teaser

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
You don't see it much but Chicago is coming off a Thursday night game vs Denver playing Monday night. Denver is a very hard place to win, but it may be what the Bears need. They have taken a lot of shots from the locals this week.

Valuist

EOG Master
I like Cincinnati over the Niners. Bengals lost but were the better team, and the Niners won and not sure if they were the better team. Plus 2nd straight Eastern time zone game for them.

I like Cincinnati over the Niners. Bengals lost but were the better team, and the Niners won and not sure if they were the better team. Plus 2nd straight Eastern time zone game for them.
Very true. Niners did not look good. Jameis Winston just looked incompetent. Pretty sure Mike Evans was barfing in between downs too, kept running to the sideline. He was recovering from the flu.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Odd that they would fly to Youngstown.

Agree since it is 274 between the 2 - or just about the equivalent of LA-Vegas. Maybe easier to get practice facilities and all in Youngstown

I wanna play the Browns but I simply do not trust this team at all and until I see a reason to back them I can't. I will simply PASS on the game since this one has "Bad Beat" written a;;over it no matter which side you play

Steelers -4 is just begging to be played. Nice bounce back situation here and think they win by 7+

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
If the Bears and Browns don't bounce back big time and put a beating on the inferior Broncs and Jets, even on the road, then they aren't who I thought they were, and are who Denny Green and Delanie Walker thinks they are.

Valuist

EOG Master
Agree since it is 274 between the 2 - or just about the equivalent of LA-Vegas. Maybe easier to get practice facilities and all in Youngstown

I wanna play the Browns but I simply do not trust this team at all and until I see a reason to back them I can't. I will simply PASS on the game since this one has "Bad Beat" written a;;over it no matter which side you play

Steelers -4 is just begging to be played. Nice bounce back situation here and think they win by 7+

I think there is a DeBartolo ranch out there that they could be staying at. I could be wrong but I know DeBartolo was from that area.

I have said all along there was too much hype on the Browns but having said that, I expect them to bury the Jets.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
A simple Thought: If you plan on betting PATRIOTS, best do it right now, even if you have to swallow an 18½. 14½ to 18½ is insane, but we all know many will back the Pats Tues-Sun and this number will probably rise well past 20, maybe 22 or more? They probably win by 24 or more, but laying 18½ better than 22½ and a Middle may be created. Nobody will be betting Miami.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Isn't this a perfect week to play against the over reaction.

So who looked fantastic
Patroits
Chiefs
Titans
Ravens
Vikings
49ers

Who looked like sh*t
Packers/Bears offense
Browns
Steelers

Valuist

EOG Master
I would say the 49ers looked far from fantastic. Their offense scored 17 points. KC's offense looked great but their defense did not look good, as a rookie QB put up a 125 QB rating and completed his first 12 passes. This was the Jacksonville offense; not a highly regarded one.

The impressive: Baltimore, Buffalo, Dallas, Minnesota, New England and Tennessee
The bad: Atlanta, Cleveland, Miami, Pittsburgh, NY Giants, NY Jets

kane

EOG master
I'll be on the Giants, I don't get the line, Buff -2 means they would be -8 at home, the Cowboys were just 7 at home, I also like that the Bills are coming off an emotional last minute win against a division rival

kane

EOG master
New England is Happy with a 10;point win

If you asked Hoodie right now if he would take a 10 point win, he would say yes, the thing is the talent gap between these teams is about as big as you'll ever see in an NFL game, I don't see how Miami comes within three TD's in this game

MrTop

EOG Master
I don't remember ever a line like this on the road....... the 49ers vs chargers SB was high but it was on neutral... i forget that line

kane

EOG master
This will be like pre season game 5. Get the win stay healthy and move on

The same thing could have been said last week, the Pats will blow them out without even trying, maybe in the fourth quarter Brady comes out and Miami can get a back door cover, but this game has ugly written all over it

kane

EOG master
I usually look to bet 0-1 teams playing 1-0 teams in good situations. So, Dolphins, Redskins, Giants, count as good leans, with Lions and Cardinals being half leans. What is everyone else doing?

You forgot about the Falcons