NFL Week 5 Group Discussion

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
460 Texans under 55 @ Stations, I just bet it on my way out of Vegas, and it's probably my favorite totals bet of the week.
Redskins look like the dead right side. Horrible spot for the Rams to make another cross country flight and play the early start time. Apparently the 9 just got blown off the board, but it'll probably come back.
Under 58 in Vikings-Seahawks looks decent. I have a hunch that both those defenses are much better than they've looked so far.
Lean very strongly to the Browns at + the biggest available number, but I doubt a 3 will show.
And for some reason, I'm leaning strongly to the Jets at +7. Another early start time for the Cardinals on the east coast, and their win over the 49ers on opening day doesn't seem as impressive. The Jets are a dumpster fire, but if they have any professionalism, they'll be the more motivated team here.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
460 Texans under 55 @ Stations, I just bet it on my way out of Vegas, and it's probably my favorite totals bet of the week.
Redskins look like the dead right side. Horrible spot for the Rams to make another cross country flight and play the early start time. Apparently the 9 just got blown off the board, but it'll probably come back.
Under 58 in Vikings-Seahawks looks decent. I have a hunch that both those defenses are much better than they've looked so far.
Lean very strongly to the Browns at + the biggest available number, but I doubt a 3 will show.
And for some reason, I'm leaning strongly to the Jets at +7. Another early start time for the Cardinals on the east coast, and their win over the 49ers on opening day doesn't seem as impressive. The Jets are a dumpster fire, but if they have any professionalism, they'll be the more motivated team here.

Couldn't agree more. WTF have the Cards done to merit being this big of a fave over anyone - even the sorry ass J-E-S-T, JEST! JEST! JEST!

kane

EOG master
Toughest board of the season, I did make one play in college however, 329 Arkansas +17 (-15), so go fuck yourself E$

Toughest board of the season, I did make one play in college however, 329 Arkansas +17 (-15), so go fuck yourself E$

Very rough board, agreed. Only big favorite I have some feeling for is the Chiefs because they go from some tough pass defenses to this one which should feel like a walkthrough for Mahomes. Normally I would be worried of a letdown after two key wins, but the Chiefs always want to bury the Raiders and Reid's ATS record against division is about as good as it gets.

I'm also thinking its time to get off the overs bandwagon. Might be one last week here, but at some point soon the oddsmakers and defensive adjustments will catch up and unders will start cashing regularly.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Very rough board, agreed. Only big favorite I have some feeling for is the Chiefs because they go from some tough pass defenses to this one which should feel like a walkthrough for Mahomes. Normally I would be worried of a letdown after two key wins, but the Chiefs always want to bury the Raiders and Reid's ATS record against division is about as good as it gets.

I'm also thinking its time to get off the overs bandwagon. Might be one last week here, but at some point soon the oddsmakers and defensive adjustments will catch up and unders will start cashing regularly.
Agree, some teams like the Giants will make playing overs prohibitive. Its too hard to hit them if one team cannot score 20.

KC has won and covered the last 4 at home vs Oakland.

Couldn't agree more. WTF have the Cards done to merit being this big of a fave over anyone - even the sorry ass J-E-S-T, JEST! JEST! JEST!
Is this a joke? The Jets won the turnover battle 3-0, Broncos had 59 million on IR and started a practice squad QB and the airplanes STILL lost by 9 points.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
What would that say for the Cards if they lose to Det, Carolina, and the Jets in consecutive weeks?

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
The Browns getting points at home might be my strongest play of the season so far. Have lots of respect for Indy, but this line is off. If Leonard doesn't play, I like it even more.

Valuist

EOG Master
The Browns getting points at home might be my strongest play of the season so far. Have lots of respect for Indy, but this line is off. If Leonard doesn't play, I like it even more.

There is a world of difference between the Dallas D and Indy D.

This AM i bet Cleveland -3 -110 as Pinnacle was leaning that way with Indy +3 +112.

Marshall under 46 -110 was another "Pinnacle lean" bet.

And UTEP under 56.5.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
There is a world of difference between the Dallas D and Indy D.
True. There is also a world of difference between Cleveland's Offense and the Jets, Bears, and Jags, and Cousins on one of the days he decides to suck. I think Indy's D is good. We'll find out Sunday how good. They haven't faced anyone with the multiple weapons Cleve has.