NHL 2021 Season

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Anyone looking forward to the NHL condensed 56 game season? Going to be important to have a decent/reliable no. 2 Goalie. Restructured Divisions and seeing Zdeno Chara in a Capitals uniform is going to be different.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
As a Kings' fan - yes and no

No: This team is still not a playoff team. Close but not yet one
Yes: This team is few years away from being what we were from 2012-2014

The interesting thing about this season is how teams set things up for the off-season when Seattle takes a player from all 31 teams. It will be interesting to see who is/is not protected.

Jonathan Quick will make $2.5M in 2021-21 but have a $5.8M cap hit. I know he is not what he once was but I can see him being like MAF and going to a new team and giving them instant credibility with solid goaltending and with only 1 year left on his deal even if he sucks you can get rid of him at season's end for nothing. I do think Quick will be the Kraken's goalie opening night.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Sounds like the Kings have some decent young players down the line but not for another 3-4 years? Looking forward to see how it all goes down for the Kraken, I think the expansion draft is in late July. If the Kraken have Quick starting opening night I think that is a decent match to solidify/stabilize goaltending for an expansion team in its inaugural year.

Sounds like the Kings have some decent young players down the line but not for another 3-4 years? Looking forward to see how it all goes down for the Kraken, I think the expansion draft is in late July. If the Kraken have Quick starting opening night I think that is a decent match to solidify/stabilize goaltending for an expansion team in its inaugural year.

Problem is Quick has been all about the playoffs, a mediocre regular season goalie for years now. I think there will be better options for the Kraken to go with year one. The contract might be attractive, but they might prefer to go hard after someone else they can keep in net for multiple years.

I think the season itself is kind of meh. I definitely am excited about getting back to hockey, but this idea that you really play just one of a handful of teams all season until the conference finals is a downer. I want to see games where the best of different divisions play plus the games with Canadian teams, not just yet another set of games against the Ducks and Kings. I think it's going to get old by midseason and we'll all just be ready for the playoffs then.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

YUP!

Either the #1 or #2 rated farm system in the game - along with Rangers. That is why it woulda been huge if they got #1 and drafted Lafreniere. Kings cap also massively opens up after 2021-22 and after 2022-23 they should have loads of cap space with the BRUTAL Dustin Brown contract off the books.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Problem is Quick has been all about the playoffs, a mediocre regular season goalie for years now. I think there will be better options for the Kraken to go with year one. The contract might be attractive, but they might prefer to go hard after someone else they can keep in net for multiple years.

I think the season itself is kind of meh. I definitely am excited about getting back to hockey, but this idea that you really play just one of a handful of teams all season until the conference finals is a downer. I want to see games where the best of different divisions play plus the games with Canadian teams, not just yet another set of games against the Ducks and Kings. I think it's going to get old by midseason and we'll all just be ready for the playoffs then.
Agree. I always liked when the Blackhawks played the Canadian teams, especially Toronto and Montreal.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The seven Canadian teams comprise the North Division this season.

Thirty-one teams in the NHL with three divisions featuring eight teams and the North Division featuring only seven.

Top four teams in each division will qualify for the postseason.

During the regular season, NHL teams will only play within their division.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Opening night is Wednesday, January 13.

I sent you an email a few weeks ago with one game I already have circled. No guarantee I play it but I won't be saying I missed out on it because I have a big notice on my calendar the day before the game.

kane

EOG master
I don't follow hockey, but I'm tailing someone who does with his Carolina to win the Cup future, I'm getting +1800, what do you guys think?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I don't follow hockey, but I'm tailing someone who does with his Carolina to win the Cup future, I'm getting +1800, what do you guys think?

Looking at their division: Tampa and Dallass should get 2 of the 4 playoff spots

I think they should be able to get 1 of the other 2 spots and make the playoffs

puckhandler

EOG Dedicated

should be a lock to make playoffs. solid team, only weakness is goaltending. have one of the better coaches imo. definitely one of the top ten teams in the league. personally I would want more than +1800. solid future bet regardless .imo it's either them or Tampa Bay to come out of their division. gl

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I saw the Kings Point total opened 52.5 and got bet down to 51.5 and BetOnline. BetMGM had it 49.5. OVER! Not by much but OVER! The laughable thing is the other SoCal team is about 55.5 at BO. Under. WAY under. I will be shocked if the Kings don't finish with more points than the Inferior SoCal NHL team

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Didn't see the whole game but the different parts of the game I saw thought the Kings played the Avalanche fairly well

VegasVic

EOG Addicted
Avs outplayed them early on. Much faster to the puck. Clear speed difference between them. All this coming off a 8-0 thrashing over St. Louis three days earlier.

Colorado played without Burakovsky. Second line suddenly is comprised of Saad, Kadri, and Donskoi. Avs sat on the 3-0 lead after two periods. All that being said they shouldn’t have been a -250 favorite on the road against anybody.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Wings look more competitive although last year they jumped out to a hot start and then became the league laughing stock. I still relish in the late 90s and early 2000s when they were so dominant. They have been paying the price ever since. One day...

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Makes me a bit nervous with Colorado Rookie getting the start but I'll ride with the rest of the teams and goalies playing tonight.

Taking the NHL Grand Salami Under 35.5 -111 as a play

-250 seems crazy for a kid getting his 1st start between the pipes but I think the Avs will be uber focused to get Miska his 1st career win in the bigs. Defensemen Bowen Bryam is also getting his 1st start tonight. My god is this team loaded with young talent.

-250 seems crazy for a kid getting his 1st start between the pipes but I think the Avs will be uber focused to get Miska his 1st career win in the bigs. Defensemen Bowen Bryam is also getting his 1st start tonight. My god is this team loaded with young talent.

Getting rid of Cole sure helped. Miska starting does seem risky to me, I wouldn't lay the big number either.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I took a shot with Kings +215...was my Daily BB. Last of the 4 game homestand for Kings. Think they will wanna get 1 win. Price waaaaay out of whack

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Definitely too much Winky, hope it goes your way. Canucks missing Edler and Hamonic definitely hurt their back end tonight.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Definitely too much Winky, hope it goes your way. Canucks missing Edler and Hamonic definitely hurt their back end tonight.

I am pissed at myself. I said WAIT! WAIT! Wait until the Avs score first (which I knew they would) and then get the Kings in live betting at a better price. They were +360 when down 1-0 and +1075 down 2-0! Now tied 2-2 after 2. Feel good about Kings winning just wished I had listened to what I said earlier in the day and gotten a better price

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
[QUOTE="sharky99, post: 7681860, member: 1372"]haha thats great landeskog hits the post with an open net, nice last few mins makes WInky a winner, congrats![/QUOTE]

Like what happened Saturday to the Kings - hit the post with an empty net up 3-2 with 35 sec left in game then Wild come back to tie with 1.4 and win in OT with 11 sec.

Nice to get this at this nice price but also mad I did not wait like I knew would happen and Avs scored first

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
lots of games tonight, any opinions anyone? Games are a unit each unless noted, haven't lost fading Chicago some way in their games and Montreal has been great in regulation 3-0-1 for me, trends to keep an eye on moving forward.

Wash Under 6 -122
Detroit Over 2.5 -128
Arizona Under 6 -150

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Avs outplayed them early on. Much faster to the puck. Clear speed difference between them. All this coming off a 8-0 thrashing over St. Louis three days earlier.

Colorado played without Burakovsky. Second line suddenly is comprised of Saad, Kadri, and Donskoi. Avs sat on the 3-0 lead after two periods. All that being said they shouldn’t have been a -250 favorite on the road against anybody.

proved more than true in the rematch VV