NHL 2021 Season

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated
Hopefully Saturday is better

Mont 60 min line -0.5 -101
Mont team total over 3.5+104

My Habs are scoring this year which is quite uncharacteristic for them. My desire to take games under when Price is in nets is no longer the case with the new schedule.

My Habs are scoring this year which is quite uncharacteristic for them. My desire to take games under when Price is in nets is no longer the case with the new schedule.

The prices on the Habs in the Vancouver series have been quite surprising to me. The teams seemed to me about level going into the season, but the bettors clearly want nothing to do with the Canucks.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Montreal FINALLY looking like they have the makeup of a winner. Acquiring some long-sought size and character this off-season. Hopefully, Price hasn't lost what he once had and hasn't shown for a few years now they finally got him some help.

Some good offseason decisions make in Toronto as well.

The all Canadian division is a fantastic decision the NHL made under Bettman.

A Canadian team will finally win the Cup this year. I can't tell you who that is yet but they WILL come out of that division.

What a trade that was the other day between Winnipeg and Columbus. Laine was one of the most talented snipers the league has seen in years. You lose a guy like that normally it's just a lose-lose situation. Fortunately, they picked up one of the league's young rising stars to replace him while Laine ends up in Columbus where hockey dreams die. Especially under Tortorella. Nice work Winnipeg.

The Central division is the most boring division in the league. The Midwest USA was once a hockey hotbed. Canada and the West Coast teams not hold that honor.

Another high draft pick in store for Detroit. One more season of tanking should stock the system with enough young talent to be a factor again for many years to come. Especially with Yzerman calling the shots. I feel sorry for the Edmonton fans with Kenny Holland getting the final say there these days. Even the best 2 players in the league can't overcome that monkey on their back.

Colorado loaded for bear this year. A Colorado/Montreal Stanley Cup final would be fun.

I like the no name Islanders to be the last team standing in the East.

The 2 Hughes brothers are sure fun to watch while neither has the look of the way an NHLer is accustomed to looking. They just don't look like NHL hockey players. Their on-ice play changes all that.

It's sure nice to have the season back again.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Kings are 2 years away from being what we saw in 2012-14. After '22 a ton of cap space opens up and the #1 or #2 (depends on which rankings we see) farm system in the game (NYR - the other one) will supply the team with low price players so they can go out and add a few big name FAs and compete for the Cup.

Montreal FINALLY looking like they have the makeup of a winner. Acquiring some long-sought size and character this off-season. Hopefully, Price hasn't lost what he once had and hasn't shown for a few years now they finally got him some help.

A Canadian team will finally win the Cup this year. I can't tell you who that is yet but they WILL come out of that division.

What a trade that was the other day between Winnipeg and Columbus. Laine was one of the most talented snipers the league has seen in years. You lose a guy like that normally it's just a lose-lose situation. Fortunately, they picked up one of the league's young rising stars to replace him while Laine ends up in Columbus where hockey dreams die. Especially under Tortorella. Nice work Winnipeg.

The Central division is the most boring division in the league. The Midwest USA was once a hockey hotbed. Canada and the West Coast teams not hold that honor.

Another high draft pick in store for Detroit. One more season of tanking should stock the system with enough young talent to be a factor again for many years to come. Especially with Yzerman calling the shots. I feel sorry for the Edmonton fans with Kenny Holland getting the final say there these days. Even the best 2 players in the league can't overcome that monkey on their back.

Colorado loaded for bear this year. A Colorado/Montreal Stanley Cup final would be fun.

The 2 Hughes brothers are sure fun to watch while neither has the look of the way an NHLer is accustomed to looking. They just don't look like NHL hockey players. Their on-ice play changes all that.

I don't know if a Canadian team wins the Cup this year, I don't think playing each other prepares them as well for the final 4. What it does do is give a team like the Leafs an easier route to the final 4, but once there they won't have faced the grind type teams that usually find a way to win it. Central is not pretty hockey for sure, but the playoffs are going to be rugged and whoever comes out of that is ready to grind down their opponents.

CBJ trading for Laine is a bad joke. He's already got to be in Torts doghouse. Laine misses a defensive assignment about once a period, oh that's going to be fun watching that train wreck. I really don't know what CBJ saw here, if you can't pay a good 1C with the potential to be an elite 1C, why would you ever be willing to pay a winger who scores so many of his goals on the PP? Maybe they feel they can flip him for what they really need later, but they better not wreck his stats before they make a deal. Make a deal, Laine and one of the goalies for a 1D to go with Seth and let Werenski play the 2D role he's meant for and that's quite a team to worry about. Only problem is most 1D in the league get a NMC.

I think this season is just going to be a real outlier. Last year everyone said it wouldn't "count" in the eyes of many, but teams were healthy and rested when the bubble started. This year they won't have that rest, but they surely feel the pinch of a shorter season, playing the same teams a lot, having a huge escrow on their checks, etc. To the players I think this is the season that will be seen sort of as a throwaway, especially with a full regular season looming in October with full arenas and a new team. So wouldn't be surprised to see some real outlier results in the playoffs that won't necessarily be sustainable in the future.

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated

Nice hearing your NHL contributions here.
This forum lacks it

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated
The prices on the Habs in the Vancouver series have been quite surprising to me. The teams seemed to me about level going into the season, but the bettors clearly want nothing to do with the Canucks.

The Habs should do fine in a Canadian division.
They get to avoid playing against the teams that
use their size over them.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
The Habs should do fine in a Canadian division.
They get to avoid playing against the teams that use their size over them.

But I'm not sure they can beat the Leaves in a 7 game series and they will have to do that to make the Semis. At some point in time Tyler Toffoli wakes up and realizes he is Tyler Toffoli and not Maurice Richard

I'm really not getting a good feel for these teams' relative strengths with this season's format. I've pretty much stopped trying really. Also the totals have been a bit unpredictable, they don't alternate nearly as much as I would have expected in the two game series. Been a real challenge to pick winners so far, thankfully I started out with a very cautious and conservative approach so I have limited my losses.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Someone flicked the switch, Isles looked mad in the 1st tonight. I thought they outplayed the Caps last game but ended up losing, GL tonight

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
The Montreal seems to have been short at -125 with Montreals start to the year and no Markstrom for Calgary tonight .. Unfortunately did not jump on tonight

Last edited:

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated
Habs win another

Make Beliefs leading too.
Yup Wink, it will be a good matchup To vs Mtl for Canada's crown.
One key injury to either team and I would expect all to go sour

The West is absolutely a battle of attrition. Probably 2 of the top 3 teams in the league fighting it out with a still very solid Blues team. The Sharks, Kings and Ducks are no threat to win anything but they are all much better teams than Ottawa, Detroit, Chicago and New Jersey. The Coyotes look like they did fantastic this offseason when everyone was thinking they were about to go off a cliff again. The Wild are their usual selves, about a .500 team that isn't good enough to win in the playoffs but they give you no easy games.

I don't think we'll get a good read on which team is superior this season and since its hockey even once we get to the final 4 teams there are going to be upsets so its just a crapshoot.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I think Jersey will be better once Bratt probably their best LW clears quarantine from Europe soon and they get Hirchier back from injury

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
The West is absolutely a battle of attrition. Probably 2 of the top 3 teams in the league fighting it out with a still very solid Blues team. The Sharks, Kings and Ducks are no threat to win anything but they are all much better teams than Ottawa, Detroit, Chicago and New Jersey. The Coyotes look like they did fantastic this offseason when everyone was thinking they were about to go off a cliff again. The Wild are their usual selves, about a .500 team that isn't good enough to win in the playoffs but they give you no easy games.

I don't think we'll get a good read on which team is superior this season and since its hockey even once we get to the final 4 teams there are going to be upsets so its just a crapshoot.

I picked the Kings to finish 5th behind "the Big 3" and Wild but think they will push for 4th until near the end of the season. For some reason the Kings O/U point total was 49.5 which was 3 less than Ducks/Sharks. That made no sense. I could see the Kings getting the 4th spot and then causing trouble for the West winner but as you said they are no threat to seriously compete for the Cup. This season

puckhandler

EOG Dedicated
Jets have won 10 straight vs Vancouver and Doc sports has his NHL goy on Winnipeg. FML. you wanna bet this is the game that Vancouver snaps the streak.Goddam touts. about 5 years ago a tout that posted on EOG(can't remember his name) had Winnipeg as his underdog GOY against Washington. you guessed it ,Jets lost .Goddamn touts always mushing my team.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
ya saw Vancouver is 3-15 their last 18 against Jets, wow quite the record .... trying to be selective and going with this one early, GL tonight gang with all the games

7 - Nashville Predators Team Total Under 2.5 -114

Just a heads up on the Avs Grubauer is the listed goalie tomorrow night but he won't be playing you can get Minny +140 right now I doubt you'll see that for long.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Just a heads up on the Avs Grubauer is the listed goalie tomorrow night but he won't be playing you can get Minny +140 right now I doubt you'll see that for long.

Just a heads up the Ducks hung Gibson out to dry Saturday and he will be playing Sunday and I sense you can get the Fowl team +135/+140 and that is something I won't be passing up if that is the number

puckhandler

EOG Dedicated
isn't fucking amazing how when a tout has a Goy on your team it fuckin shits the bed. would it to be too much to ask to hit one goddam Goy. thanks Doc sports. ruined my evening.told my friends don't get your hopes up on the Jets tonight and that they were mushed. tried to explain to them the meaning of the term mush as they don't gamble lol.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Just a heads up the Ducks hung Gibson out to dry Saturday and he will be playing Sunday and I sense you can get the Fowl team +135/+140 and that is something I won't be passing up if that is the number

Hoping for a low scoring game and I'm confident Gibson will play well off the bounce back

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
isn't fucking amazing how when a tout has a Goy on your team it fuckin shits the bed. would it to be too much to ask to hit one goddam Goy. thanks Doc sports. ruined my evening.told my friends don't get your hopes up on the Jets tonight and that they were mushed. tried to explain to them the meaning of the term mush as they don't gamble lol.

I didn't see the game and had no opinion but so much for the big trend .... regardless it was a big overreaction to the Canucks doing bad early, they had to play Montreal who appears deep and solid and at one point with a few Defensive injuries the Canucks dressed 3 rookies on defense with 7 total NHL game experience
Canucks are in a better place now with some defensemen back