NHL 2022-2023

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Another NHL season here with lots of player movement and excitement brewing. Hopefully like past years we can keep a collaborative thread and share information along the way. Appreciate everyone's insight and analysis!!

Well it's juicy but I'll take the Leafs to bounce back off the road loss tonight in Montreal. They play their home opener tomorrow against Washington who lost at home to Boston. I like the Leafs transition game and if they can avoid some of the bad giveaways from tonight they have a decent shot to win and cover. They start Samsonov in net who was shown the door in the offseason in Washington so I like this angle especially off the loss.

Leafs ML -183 pinnacle 2 units
Leafs -1 -115 pinnacle 2 units

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Leafs ML and total over 6.5 are getting the most action.
Leafs were 3-0 against Caps last year.

I’ll follow the money. Good luck Sharky!

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Had success betting against the Avs recently with NJ last night and Seattle not long ago, I probably like this one the best but doesn't mean it will win

NHL 60 Minute Regulation Line Isles +0.5 -130 2units Pinny

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
haha 3-0 they say is the worst lead in the modern higher scoring NHL, fortunate to be opposite last year's champs at the right time.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Had success betting against the Avs recently with NJ last night and Seattle not long ago, I probably like this one the best but doesn't mean it will win

NHL 60 Minute Regulation Line Isles +0.5 -130 2units Pinny
Great pick and ballsy going against the champs. Home dogs went 5-2 yesterday.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
3-0 +6 units

Thanks haven't been able to follow as much as I would have liked so behind on many fronts but will get involved tonight

Carolina pk -104 60 Min Regulation Line pinny 0.5 unit

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Isles-Red Wings Under 1.5 +108 1st period 0.5 unit pinny

Isles-Red wings Under 6 -129 60 Min Reg Line 0.5 unit pinny

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
All to win 0.5 unit

Canucks-Predators 1st period Under 2 -141 pinny
Ducks Over 6 -139 pinny
Kings +0.5 -142 60 Min Reg Line

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Blues 1st Period ML -118 0.5 unit pinny
Isles-Rangers Under 1.5 +106 1st Period 0.3 unit pinny
Flames 1st Period +113 0.5 unit pinny
Canadiens Team Total Under 0.5 +125 1st Period 0.25 unit pinny
Canadiens Team Total Game Under 2.5 +114 0.25 unit pinny
Canadiens-RedWings Under 6 60 Min Regulation time -115 0.25 unit pinny

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Anyone have an opinion on certain teams, players, goalies after the 1st month of play? Playing one late one

Kings -117 60 Min Regulation Line, 1 unit, pinny

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Thanks for the advice, what sites are you involved with fantasy?

Took this one early

Carolina ML -114 60 Minute Regulation Line 1 unit pinny

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Will update everything after the long weekend, playing this one today

Seattle +102 60 Minute Regulation Line 1 unit pinny

Bushay

NHL Expert
Thanks for the advice, what sites are you involved with fantasy?

Took this one early

Carolina ML -114 60 Minute Regulation Line 1 unit pinny
I'm normally in a couple of leagues a year. I'm just in one ESPN league this year. My point above is, when you are involved with fantasy leagues, it pretty much forces you to follow all the players, and teams much more closely. And no other site is better than Rotowire for getting the latest news and educated opinions daily imo. There are some decent free sites, but Rotowire covers everything. For the NHL anyways. I have not played fantasy football for many years, but footballguys.com was a great site for football then. I'm sure there are others better today too.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
thanks for the advice to stay connected Bushay

2 X 0.5 unit plays today

Philly Under 6 -107 60 Min Reg Line 0.5 unit pinny
Nash Under 6 -135 60 Min Reg Line 0.5 unit pinny

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Pittsburgh -134 to win 60 Min Reg Line 1 unit - pinny
NYIslanders -120 to win 60 Min Reg Line 1 unit - pinny
Columbus 60 Min Reg Line Under 2.5 -109 Team Total - 1 unit - pinny

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Will be tough to match last Friday's results but let's see what these bring, was hoping Florida would win last night as they go to Calgary today but they blew a lead with 4.4 seconds to go and lost in OT.

Calgary 60 Minute regulation Line -154 1 unit pinny
NYIslanders- Philadelphia Flyers Under 6 -136 1 unit
Philadephia Flyers Under 2.5 Team Total -144 0.5 unit pinny

blueline

EOG Master
imagine having under in the Salami last night....a 17 goal game in the final game to send it over...total was 55.5....56 goals were scored

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Calgary -1 -144 - 60 Minute Regulation Line 1 unit pinny
Philadelphia Under 6 -123 - 60 Minute Regulation Line 1 unit betregal
Vancouver +0.5 145 - 60 Minute Regulation Line 0.5 unit pinny

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I enjoy it, it's a challenge and makes me accountable for the plays I post. It's a small contribution to try to keep the sportsforums going and active since many especially the younger generation have gravitated to social media. I've been doing the same thing on the forums for 20+ years so tough to break old habits I guess.

I enjoy it, it's a challenge and makes me accountable for the plays I post. It's a small contribution to try to keep the sportsforums going and active since many especially the younger generation have gravitated to social media. I've been doing the same thing on the forums for 20+ years so tough to break old habits I guess.
I was just curious because as I'm sure you know it's near impossible for anyone to follow any of your plays when you post seconds before the puck drops.

Taking this tomorrow

Bruins -165 full game 2 units bet365
I'm all over this as well and would except this line to close over -200. The Avs are down about 10 guys right now and not just any guys either. I know the kids usually play better at home than on the road but most these guys play their home games in Loveland. lol

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I was just curious because as I'm sure you know it's near impossible for anyone to follow any of your plays when you post seconds before the puck drops.
I respect your comment, there's different reasons for that, main one is I'm often home from work 15mins to puckdrop (ie... today's Kings game) so by the time I break everything especially the goalies/injuries ...etc... timelines get short. I always need goalie confirmation to finalize a wager and sometimes for example of a top 4 defenseman being a gametime decision can affect whether its a play or not. In the Kings game today, I have my own opinion on both teams but what made it a play was late goalie confirmation and injury information which fortunately worked out. Another aspect to take into consideration is the InGame action is bigger than ever so if people are late to see something they can often hop on inGame and get a better number or situation than I have in the game.

We've all seen in the hockey world where a team is outshot 45-20 and wins 2-1. Might be wrong on the Avs tomorrow but to win those type games you have to get stellar goaltending and I'm not confident either one of their goalies can do that against the Bruins tomorrow. Makar is a monster on Def and on the PP so there's no better way to equalize a lopsided game than getting a couple Power Play goals. Bruins are playing real well and are tough to play against, let's see what happens tomorrow NowshesmyRuca

Bushay

NHL Expert
Leafs starting to get their shit together. 6-1 L7. Going into Dallas tonight and shutting out the 1st place Stars. Next 3 at home. Damn near every loss this year was either in OT and have not lost a game by more than 2 goals or given up more than 4. . Check out the scores in every game. Murray's injury prone but is currently in Pittsburgh-like form since returning from IR. They also have 3 of their top 4 Dmen on IR. Too bad they are peaking this early. And Matthews hasn't even gotten heated up yet. 39 yo Giordano playing 24-25 minutes a night of late and showing those kids how to play the game. They were 4-6 after their first 10 games this year. I remember thinking to myself this team is in trouble. Especially with 2 off-season goaltender acquisitions, they picked up off of the bargain bin. https://www.espn.com/nhl/team/schedule/_/name/tor/toronto-maple-leafs

Losses this year.
4-3 Mont
4-2 Arz
3-1 Vegas
4-3 SJ OT
4-2 LA
4-3 Ana OT
4-3 Vegas OT
4-2 Pitt
3-2 NJ OT
3-2 NYI OT
4-3 TB OT

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Definitely agree with you, of all the Leaf teams in recent years this is the best to make a solid run if they don't lose too many parts along the way. Giordano chose a reduced contract or on a 35year old+ type bargain deal? Regardless he's playing real well

Bushay

NHL Expert
Vancouver Canucks over 3.5 Team Total +120 pinny - 0.5 unit
Tough beat. 3rd Wild game in 4 nights and turning to their backup who posts the 1st shutout of his career. It seemed like a very winnable bet especially after scoring 13g L2 game and 16 L3. Even the HNIC crew's post-game talk seemed without answers. Tomorrow's another day.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Blackhawks are positioning themselves nicely for a top 2-3 pick.

montreal alternative jerseys are awful.