NHL 2022-2023

kane

EOG master
The Leafs opened -150, they're now up to -195, I've been hearing rumors all day about Bob possibly not being in goal tonight, the line move might be due to this

kane

EOG master
Any idea why? That's nuts
Looks like he's out tonight due to rest, nothing injury related

kane

EOG master
Maurice talked about his team being gassed following the pressure-packed end of the opening series and a lot of that fell on Bobrovsky.

This is from the article I linked, the Leafs look like a solid play based off Maurice saying his team was gassed, short turnaround for them after beating the Bruins Sunday, the Leafs have an extra day of rest

choslamshe

EOG Master
Man, I get how tough it was, and Lyon was arguably why they even made it to the playoffs, but this is when you need the guy and his momentum most. Not sure how big home-ice will be in this series, but have to think they will need one of the first two games. Leafs were pretty consistently good all year on the road.

choslamshe

EOG Master
As a die hard Wings fan (we're getting there), I was taught only to love Detroit, and despise the Leafs. 30 years later, funny how that never goes away.

kane

EOG master
Lyon was arguably why they even made it to the playoffs,
TBH, they don't get into the playoffs without him, Bob was out with an illness, their backup is dealing with mental health issues, they had no choice but to put Lyon in goal, and he was as good as any goalie in the league to close out the season, pretty amazing story actually

kane

EOG master
As a die hard Wings fan (we're getting there), I was taught only to love Detroit, and despise the Leafs. 30 years later, funny how that never goes away.
When I think of the Wings, the first thing that pops into my head were the blood wars they had with Colorado back in the day, I can still remember Claude Lemieux destroying the face of Chris Draper on that check into the boards

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
You know what? Boston might have been knocked out by the Stanley Cup champions. Florida Panthers might take this. Nobody watches them or knows anything about them but man, this team will do it.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Pinnacle lines for Cup.
Very close race.

Canes +470
Oilers +475
VGK +475
Leafs +506
Panthers +512
Stars +750
Devils +800
Kraken +1309

Only team I would eliminate from consideration are Devils.
Every other team is worthy. No clear standout.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Pinnacle lines for Cup.
Very close race.

Canes +470
Oilers +475
VGK +475
Leafs +506
Panthers +512
Stars +750
Devils +800
Kraken +1309

Only team I would eliminate from consideration are Devils.
Every other team is worthy. No clear standout.
Even if NJ steals this game tonight and goes home tied with 3 more possible home games after already proving they can win in Carolina?
It's easy to form an opinion after 1 game in a series. That Ranger team was loaded they beat with their speed. Carolina DID look pretty good in game 1.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Surprisingly Devils are -135 home favorites at bet365 for game 3.
Market is showing Devils respect in reference to their Rangers series comeback.

Oilers are -125 favorites tonight against VGK. Total is 7 shaded to the under.
The smart money might be on an “in game” play after watching the first period.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Surprisingly Devils are -135 home favorites at bet365 for game 3.
Market is showing Devils respect in reference to their Rangers series comeback.

Oilers are -125 favorites tonight against VGK. Total is 7 shaded to the under.
The smart money might be on an “in game” play after watching the first period.

Maybe so because both teams are lighting it up in 1P. I could very easily see 3 goals scored in 1P resulting in high in-game total that could then be played Under.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Leafs down 3-0 in games now,didnt seem to have much jump in the OT.

Late puckdrop taking

Dallas-Seattle Under 1.5 - 1st -119 - 0.5 unit
Dallas-Seattle Under 5.5 - 121 - 0.5 unit

kane

EOG master
The Panthers have won 6 straight games, 3 against Boston and 3 against Toronto, and 4 of them have been on the road, and they were the last team to clinch a playoff spot, still a long way to go, but a pretty amazing story so far

Bushay

NHL Expert
The Panthers have won 6 straight games, 3 against Boston and 3 against Toronto, and 4 of them have been on the road, and they were the last team to clinch a playoff spot, still a long way to go, but a pretty amazing story so far
They and Seattle have been the story of these playoffs. They lost the trade with what they gave up, but clearly needed someone like Tkachuk to get them over the hump. They KNEW without a big timer like him, they did not have enough to get there. So they lost the trade and now appear to have what it takes, (along with some luck and good bounces) to be in a position to win this whole thing. Long way to go though for sure.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

As a Kings' fan I know what it is like to barrrrrrrrrrrrely make the playoffs as the 8-seed then get hot and go far - or win the Cup.

In the long history of the Leaves - since their last Final appearance in 1967 - losing here would have to rank right up (or down?) there among one pf the all-time "You gotta be kidding me" playoff trips! You FINALLY get past Round 1. The team with the best record, The team that won the East the last 3 years (And 2 Cups), Rangers, DEFENDING Cup Champs..............ALL GONE IN ROUND 1.....................AND THIS is how you are gonna see your season end?

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Blackhawks win NHL draft lottery, Connor Bedard sweepstakes.
Chicago had the third-best odds to win the first overall pick this year at 11.5%.

They’re going to need all the help they can get.
It’s a start at least.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Blackhawks win NHL draft lottery, Connor Bedard sweepstakes.
Chicago had the third-best odds to win the first overall pick this year at 11.5%.

They’re going to need all the help they can get.
It’s a start at least.
Season ticket sales have gone up tremendously since the Blackhawks won the first pick.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
played every game so far in this series

Seattle Under 1.5 -103 - 1 unit - pinny
Seattle Under 6 -128 - 1 unit - pinny

choslamshe

EOG Master
Not sure the Leafs have the fire to even try make this a series.

Far more interested in the Oilers 'must win' game tonight. I expect them to respond but will probably just root without action.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
The East looks like it will be Carolina and Florida.
The West looks like Vegas vs either Dallas or Seattle. (Probably Dallas.)

Series Recap updated

Vegas vs. Edmonton
Vegas leads Best-of-7 series 2 games to 1
Next game: Wednesday, May 10, 10:00PM @EDM

Seattle vs. Dallas
Teams tied in Best-of-7 series 2 games to 2
Next game: Thursday, May 11, 9:30PM @DAL

Florida vs. Toronto
Florida leads Best-of-7 series 3 games to 0
Next game: Wednesday, May 10, 7:00PM @FLA

Carolina vs. New Jersey
Carolina leads Best-of-7 series 3 games to 1
Next game: Thursday, May 11, 7:00PM @CA.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Darnell Nurse being suspended for the Oil tonight may be the biggest blessing for the Oil tonight. lol.

Guy goes into these spurts of being a complete liability. I don't think this hurts them one bit.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Maybe it is me...............but something deep inside me says the Leaves get this to Game 7.

It would be sooooooooo "Leafs like" to crawl all the way back. Get their fans' hopes up. Make them pay outrageous ticket prices for G5 and G7.

Then lose G7 in OT

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Darnell Nurse being suspended for the Oil tonight may be the biggest blessing for the Oil tonight. lol.
Guy goes into these spurts of being a complete liability. I don't think this hurts them one bit.
Nurse’s size and speed would be missed against Vegas, who also have great size and speed.
Also, Nurse has logged more ice time this series, +22 minutes average per game, than McDavid or Draisaitl.

If Nurse is out that means Ceci -4 (+/-) for the series, and Bromberg who’s just 21 would play more.
Not sure these two would be better than Nurse.

Also, I feel the same about Bouchard as you feel about Nurse.
Offensively he’s got skills but defensively he’s often caught out of position and gets beat.

Vegas defenceman Alex Pietrangelo has also been suspended one game for his slash to the arm of
Leon Draisaitl in Game 4, so things will be evened out on the respective blue lines tonight.

Bushay

NHL Expert
The better way to look at it is Pietrangelo is twice the player that Nurse is. That's a trade-off I'll take any day of the week. Pietrangelo's the best defenceman on the ice between the 2 teams. Yes, it made an already average Edmonton team defense weaker, but now you have Connor and Leon with that much more freedom in the Knights zone. Clear advantage Edm. Especially at home

choslamshe

EOG Master
Sad to watch Skinner's struggles and inconsistency kill the Oilers. Not that anyone with a brain didn't think this was a possibility, but man the Oilers need to find someone capable next year between the pipes.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Last night Mattias Ekholm was hit in the face by a stick with about 6 minutes remaining and no penalty was called.
There was blood on his face after he gave a soccer like performance to emphasize/ embellish his injury.

The TV commentators acknowledged that it should have been a double minor penalty.
It was a crucial missed call that could have made a difference in the game’s outcome.
Is it time to reconsider some of the rules in hockey.

The goal by Maple Leaf Morgan Riley on Friday night that was overruled was also a horrible call.
Something is wrong with NHL rules and officiating that must be addressed.