NHL Bracket Contest

Bushay

NHL Expert
Anyone down for a quick bracket contest? Fill out your bracket and if we can get 10 to play i'll send the winner $100. Pick your teams and well score points by seedings. So if Montreal upsets Philly you get 8 points for that round. If Philly prevails and you picked them you get just the 1 as they are the 1 seed in the East. Most points after the last game wins $100 from me. 1st game goes at 3 pm est Tuesday so you need to get them in quick.

1597106317423.png

Last edited:

Bushay

NHL Expert
Just post your 1st round picks now and after they re-seed for the next round we'll do it again.

Bushay

NHL Expert
1-VEGAS
8-CHICAGO

2-COLORADO
7-ARIZONA

3-DALLAS
6-CALGARY

4-ST LOUIS
5-VANCOUVER

1-PHILADELPHIA
8-MONTREAL

2-TAMPA BAY
7-COLUMBUS

3-WASHINGTON
6-NY ISLANDERS

4-BOSTON
5-CAROLINA

Bushay

NHL Expert
MY PICKS

1-VEGAS
2-COLORADO
6-CALGARY
5-VANCOUVER
1-PHILADELPHIA
7-COLUMBUS
3-WASHINGTON
4-BOSTON

kane

EOG master
Thanks Bushay, If I win donate the money to some local charity

1 Vegas
2 Colorado
6 Calgary
4 St Louis
8 Montreal
2 Tampa
6 NYI
4 Boston

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
1- VEGAS

2- COLORADO

6- CALGARY

4- ST LOUIS

1- PHILADELPHIA

7- COLUMBUS

3- WASHINGTON

4- BOSTON

great format and great hockey1

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks Bushay.

Here are my guesses:

1 - Vegas

2 - Colorado

3 - Dallas

4 - St. Louis

1 - Philadelphia

2 - Tampa Bay

3 - Washington

4 - Boston

Thanks Bushay.

Here are my guesses:

1 - Vegas

2 - Colorado

3 - Dallas

4 - St. Louis

1 - Philadelphia

2 - Tampa Bay

3 - Washington

4 - Boston

Haha, the square move JK. I don't remember a perfect first round happening with all higher seeds winning, sure it has at some point.

richsox24

EOG Master
Thanks Bushey. If I win, ill also donate the money.

1. Vegas
2. Colorado
6. Calgary
4. St Louis
8. Montreal
7. Columbus
6. Islanders
5. Carolina

Bushay

NHL Expert
OK, this is not limited to 10, but we got our 10 so this is a go either way. Good luck everyone. Anyone else interested, you have till 3 PM est to submit your picks.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Many thanks for your generosity, Bushay!

8-Chicago
7-Arizona
3-Dallas
5-Vancouver
8-Montreal
7-Columbus
6-Islanders
4-Boston

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Thanks Bushay.

Here are my guesses:

1 - Vegas

2 - Colorado

3 - Dallas

4 - St. Louis

1 - Philadelphia

2 - Tampa Bay

3 - Washington

4 - Boston

With "tongue planted in cheek" and thus unable to speak, I'll continue by typing:

No surprise as "Chalk Lover Kelly" confirms his nickname. Expect more of the same in succeeding rounds as Kelly doesn't follow hockey. I seriously doubt he's ever bet a game. If he hasn't played it, he doesn't bet it -- except for boxing.

I'll continue to ride this horse (pun intended) as I fully expect a large daily double from him keyed to Tiz the Law in the Kentucky Derby. He's thinking he's getting a free square and hoping to hit the race either before or after the Kentucky Derby, or possibly the Oaks - Derby double.

I fully anticipate/expect a rebuttal claiming otherwise -- especially that he's not a chalk lover, never mind the evidence to the contrary (see above hockey picks, ncaa basketball tournament bracket picks).

Just playin' John, and may the puck be with you as the greatest post season tournament in all of professional sports begins in about 20 minutes!

Bushay

NHL Expert
Today's games, start times and channels for you Bushay Box owners

3 PM est
TAMPA BAY [Kane-Kelly-Puckhandler-WildBill-Yisman]
COLUMBUS [Bushay-Try-RichSox-Mr Bowling-Sharky-EJD-ForrestHill]
TV:
NBCSN, TVAS, Sportsnet

5:30 PM
DALLAS [Kelly-Puckhandler-EJD-ForrestHill]
CALGARY [Bushay-Kane-Try-WildBill-Yisman-Richsox-MrB-Sharky]
TV:
CBC, NBCSN, TVAS, Sportsnet

8 PM
BOSTON [Bushay-Kane-Try-Kelly-Yisman-EJD-ForrestHill]
CAROLINA [Puck-WildBill-RichSox-MrB-Sharky]
TV:
CBC, NBCSN, TVAS, Sportsnet

10:30 PM
VEGAS [Bushay-Kane-Try-Kelly-WildBill-Yisman-RichSox-MrB-Sharky]
CHICAGO [Puckhandler-EJD-ForrestHill]
TV:
NBCSN, TVAS, Sportsnet

Nowhere near the same without fans.

Its not but usually in August I'm pretty much anti-sports because we have pretend football that annoys me and the dragging on baseball where no one is trying very hard.

We'll see in this first round how badly some teams/players want it. I'm working off the theory that teams in Chicago's spot down 3-0 are probably just going to think to themselves might as well end it and get out of the bubble. They won't have a home crowd to push them along for one more win. I think you will see it for teams down 3-1 as well against good opponents. The chance to go home will feel like a reward.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Its not but usually in August I'm pretty much anti-sports because we have pretend football that annoys me and the dragging on baseball where no one is trying very hard.

We'll see in this first round how badly some teams/players want it. I'm working off the theory that teams in Chicago's spot down 3-0 are probably just going to think to themselves might as well end it and get out of the bubble. They won't have a home crowd to push them along for one more win. I think you will see it for teams down 3-1 as well against good opponents. The chance to go home will feel like a reward.
Agree. Both valid points.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Chicago definitely is giving Vegas all they can handle but Knights are just too damn good. Obviously they have it all to win this covid cup. How about them Islanders making the Caps loook like a bunch of bums? Solid team.

Chicago definitely is giving Vegas all they can handle but Knights are just too damn good. Obviously they have it all to win this covid cup. How about them Islanders making the Caps loook like a bunch of bums? Solid team.

Caps are over the hill now. Holtby proved to be a money goalie one season, he's done. Oshie extension felt like a mistake and now it is. They let two guys they didn't want to give full opportunities go in Burakovsky and Stephenson and now both are key parts of the best teams in the league.

Ovie would never want to play elsewhere, but this might be the time he thinks like all the greats and says I don't want to spend my last productive years in a rebuild. And Crosby may have to consider it as well. Will be very interesting to see how these two legends approach the next couple of years.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Meant to finish this earlier. Heres everyones round 1 picks.

MONTREAL [Kane-RichSox-EJD-Forrest]
PHILADELPHIA [Bushay-Try-Kelly-Puck-WildBill-Yisman-MrB-Sharkey-]

TAMPA BAY [Kane-Kelly-Puck-WildBill-Yisman]
COLUMBUS [Bushay-Try-RichSox-Mr Bowling-Sharky-EJD-Forrest]

NY ISLANDERS [Kane-WildBill-RichSox-Sharkey-EJD-
WASHINGTON [Bushay-Try-Kelly-Puck-Yisman-MrB-Forrest]

BOSTON [Bushay-Kane-Try-Kelly-Yisman-EJD-Forrest]
CAROLINA [Puck-WildBill-RichSox-MrB-Sharky]

VEGAS [Bushay-Kane-Try-Kelly-WildBill-Yisman-RichSox-MrB-Sharky]
CHICAGO [Puck-EJD-Forrest]

ARIZONA [EJD]
COLORADO [Bushay-Kane-Try-Kelly-Puckhandler-WildBill-Yisman-RichSox-MrB-Sharkey-Forrest]

DALLAS [Kelly-Puck-EJD-Forrest]
CALGARY [Bushay-Kane-Try-WildBill-Yisman-Richsox-MrB-Sharky]

VANCOUVER [Bushay-Sharkey-EJD]
ST LOUIS [Kane-Try-Kelly-Puck-WildBill-Yisman-RichSox-MrB-Forrest]

Bushay

NHL Expert
Kane-WildBill-RichSox-Sharkey-EJD all sitting pretty currently with the Islanders with a 3-0 series lead.

Bushay-Kane-Try-Kelly-WildBill-Yisman-RichSox-MrB-Sharky feeling good with their Vegas selections.

The other 6 series are wide open currently.

EJD can put himself in a real nice position with an Arizona upset. A TB win this afternoon will put them also in the driver's seat.

Best of Luck guys.

Bushay

NHL Expert
My early playoff thoughts so far. I haven't watched every game but the better part of most of these series.

TB/CBJ
TB very impressive so far without Stamkos. I really really like this Columbus team but they just don't have enough offensive punch to get by TB. I hope I'm wrong here ftr.

NYI/Wash
Isles continue to be impressive. They are the definition of a TEAM with a fantastic coach to guide the bus. Big edge cause he knows the Cap team well.

Boston/Car
Huge loss for the Canes losing SVECHNIKOV. They had a chance after Rask and Pasternack went down but I can't see them winning now. I played the Bruins but felt that one was toast after game one. Not now.

Vegas/Chi
Vegas the best team in these Playoffs. Enough said.

Montreal/Philly
I haven't seen any of this series yet.

Arz/Col
If not for Kuemper Coyotes would be home after tonight.

Dallas/Calgary
One of the best series so far This is playoff hockey. something inside me say the STars are going to advance

Van/St Louis
Another great series. Blues should advance but it won't surprise me if they get upset here. Vancouver a very exciting team to watch.

kane

EOG master
I've watched quite a bit of Habs/Flyers, now I'm not much of a hockey guy, but it seems to me these teams are a lot closer than their records would indicate, Price has been great all playoffs and even though they lost the last game 1-0, I think Montreal hit the post about 5 times and had numerous scoring chances, huge game tomorrow as they can't fall behind 3-1 in the series, if they can win tomorrow I like their chances to take the series

Bushay

NHL Expert
I should wait to tally these after each round but I'm bored so here's the current scoreboard after 1 series of the 8 complete.

Points-Contestant

1-Bushay
1-Kane
1-Kelly
1-Mr B
1-RichSox
1-Sharky
1-Try
1-WildBill
1-Yisman
0-EJD
0-ForrestHill
0-Puckhandler

Vegas [1 seed] wins series 4-1 over Chicago [8 seed].

League Playoff Series

• Click series name to show/hide game results and schedules
First Round3-2Dallas Stars lead Calgary Flames View Matchup »
First Round2-2Vancouver Canucks tied with St. Louis Blues View Matchup »
First Round3-1Colorado Avalanche lead Arizona Coyotes View Matchup »
First Round4-1Vegas Golden Knights over Chicago Blackhawks View Matchup »
First Round3-1Tampa Bay Lightning lead Columbus Blue Jackets View Matchup »
First Round3-1New York Islanders lead Washington Capitals View Matchup »
First Round3-1Boston Bruins lead Carolina Hurricanes View Matchup »
First Round3-1Philadelphia Flyers lead Montreal Canadiens View Matchup