NHL Bracket Contest

ComptrBob

EOG Master
What should I do, post my picks here or PM them to someone?

To keep your picks hidden, you can PM to me (ComptrBob). I will post them tonight. Of course, you have the option to post them here.

Reminder of deadline: The Vegas/Dallas series starts tonight (Sunday, Sept 6) with the broadcast scheduled for Game 1 at 5:00PM (PT). Actual start of the game will be about 5:20PM.

Guess I gotta pick upsets since I missed last round.
Dallas
NY Islanders

Wow that would be such an appropriate 2020 moment if those two teams played for the Cup.

kane

EOG master
I've got futures on Dallas and Vegas to win the Cup, I'm rooting for Dallas since the odds are higher, but either way I'll have a future in the finals

Bushay

NHL Expert
I've got futures on Dallas and Vegas to win the Cup, I'm rooting for Dallas since the odds are higher, but either way I'll have a future in the finals
I think you just tipped your hand with that comment. :) My picks are in already but I don't think anyone makes that comment if they played Dallas in the contest instead of Vegas. Either way good luck. I'm right on your ass any way you look at it.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Does everyone agree this was the best way to handle the reseeding? By not reseeding, choosing the Isles with a 7 seed gives you a better chance to play catchup as opposed to them now being a 2 seed. Makes this more interesting in my opinion.

kane

EOG master
I think you just tipped your hand with that comment. :) My picks are in already but I don't think anyone makes that comment if they played Dallas in the contest instead of Vegas. Either way good luck. I'm right on your ass any way you look at it.

I'm not sure what you mean by tipping my hand, I'd like to see Dallas win since I have them at 14/1 and I have Vegas at 8/1, so Dallas winning gives me a higher potential payout, as far as this contest goes, I haven't been trying to employ any type of strategy, in fact I haven't even looked to see who everyone else it taking, I'm just picking the teams I think will win each series, if the winner was looking at a big pay day I'm sure I would have payed closer attention, but I've pretty much just been winging it, I think it would be funny If I win this thing since I probably know less about hockey than anyone who entered, before the playoffs I probably couldn't have named 5 players in the entire league, LOL, if you want I'll even tell you the two teams I picked, I'm just in this for the fun of it

Last edited:

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Game started, entry closed.

Picks PMed to me:
kane Vegas, NYI
yisman Vegas, NYI
Bushay Dal, TB
Foresthill Dal, NYI

Posted:
Wild Bill Dal, NYI

Bushay

NHL Expert
Current Standings

23-Kane
21-Bushay
20-Kelly
19-Yisman
18-EJD
17-Try
16-ForrestHill
15-Sharky
12-WildBill
09-RichSox
08-Puckhandler
04-Mr B

Picks
Kane
Vegas 1 seed
NYI 7 seed

Yisman
Vegas 1 seed
NYI 7 seed

Bushay
Dallas 3 seed
TB 1 seed

Foresthill
Dallas 3 seed
NYI 7 seed

Wild Bill
Dallas 3 seed
NYI 7 seed

Bushay

NHL Expert
Well, I tried to give away $100 but unless either or both teams have a reversal to form....looks like I may be in the driver's seat here.

TB leads series over NY Isles 3-1
Dallas leads series over Vegas 3-1

Bushay

NHL Expert
Dallas moves on to the finals.
What a stud team. Great job.

Tampa Bay tries to finish off the resilient Islanders tomorrow.

Setting up a fantastic final if TB can finish them off.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Well, for a minute during this game I thought my once secure situation had a reversal of fortune. TB sure took their time. Congrats to the Isles. Barry Trotz is one heck of a coach.

TB wins series over NY Isles 4-2
Dallas series over Vegas 4-1

Great hockey as always but just doesn't feel the same without the fans.

Stanley Cup Final.

Dallas 3 seed
Tampa Bay 1 seed

Need to get your pick in before puck drop Saturday at 7:30 est.

Good Luck

Current Standings

25-Bushay
23-Kane
20-Kelly
19-ForrestHill
19-Yisman
18-EJD
17-Try
15-Sharky
15-WildBill
09-RichSox
08-Puckhandler
04-Mr B

1600399263311.png

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Bushay, I sent a personal message, minutes ago, to ComptrBob with my Stanley Cup Final Pick. I hope he will forward it to you at the appropriate time.

Bushay

NHL Expert
I'm uncatchable as far as I see it. If Dallas wins I gain 3 more points. If TB wins its only a 1 seed and I'm up by 2 so I think I'm keeping the $100 I tried to give away here.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Final Standings

I tried to give one of you $100 but nobody was up for the challenge.

25-Bushay
24-Kane
20-Kelly
20-Yisman
19-ForrestHill
18-EJD
17-Try
16-WildBill
15-Sharky
09-RichSox
08-Puckhandler
04-Mr B

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Bushay, thanks for the contest and running it. Congratulations on your victory. Now you can keep your cash in your pocket.

Or better yet, treat yourself to an excellent steak dinner (or, whatever your favorite cuisine is) with the $100.00 you didn't fork over to one of us in the contest (no pun intended -- but laugh if you want).