Nice Call On Va Tech Shrink!

RPM

EOG Veteran
After the first play didnt come in, i jumped all over va tech figuring you wouldnt go 0-2!~

nice job...

dirty

EOG Master
Great call

Was on the other side and Honestly This game was one of those Tossups....

I you bet VT you can Justify it and if you bet State you can also Justify it

These close ones are hard to take

makes you drink more beer:+drinks-4

Thanks guys for the congrats...

This game was much tougher than I thought but in the second half, VA TECH played much better and their new starting QB, Marcus VICK, appears headed for stardom, IMHO...

He will only get better..

THE SHRINK

panther

EOG Dedicated
2nd half

2nd half

va tech bullshit

refs cheated alot more in the 2 nd half

you will see another post out of my when I see 700 in my bo bog account

with that said

bye its been fun

panther

Can't wait to see when they take the shackles off of Baby Vick. NC State's defense is impressive, though. And Jimmy Williams is certainly a talent.

I go way back with the Wolfpack, but just can't bring myself to respect a coach in red shoes and sunglasses at night. The lack of discipline shows, Coach Amato.

Books Worst Enemy

EOG Addicted
Misleading final score.

Total yards:

VT ------233
NCSU ---407

Offensive possessions that were 3 and out:

VT ----5
NCSU--2

I will take Millennium's money on this one, but we didn't deserve the W. There were plenty of times Millennium took my money this preason with misleading final scores, so turnabout is fair play.

Zebras were on our side tonight. (Thank God!)

Shrink, no offense, but I will have to take your plays with more scrutiny in the future. I will watch and see how you do before I play along with real money from now on. I win $2K on Shrink's plays this year for a 1-0 record.:+waving-5

Your reasoning was not convincing, but it is better than what I get with Phil Steele, which absolutely no reasoning...just a side or total and that is it. I agree that Vick is an outstanding athlete, and I think that when you have heisman candidate, and I think Vick may be at some point, they will cover more often than not. But there were plenty of good reasons to go with NC State tonight:

1. NCSU out gained ACC opponents by over 100 ypg last season, tops in the ACC. No changes in that department tonight.

2. The offensive and the defensive lines for NCSU are improved from last year and Phil Steele is calling for the Wolfpack defensive line to be the best in the nation in '05. The D-Line, as Gilmore pointed out more than once, did a great job of containing Marcus Vick.

3.) They were plagued with turn overs last year, finishing -17 on the season. Teams that turn the ball over a lot will usually correct that problem between seasons.

The only question mark for NCSU was J Davis at QB, who had a 12-15 TD to INT ratio coming in to the season. He did not show improvement tonight, throwing two INT's and zero TD's. (If you were betting on more of the same from this QB tonight I apologize, but you didn't mention it in your reasoning for making the play.)

If you take the NCSU turn overs out of the equation tonight, even with the zebras on our side, the Wolfpack probably wins this game convincingly.

NCSU is a real candidate to pull some upsets this season. Betting against this team on the money line would be foolish this season if they stay healthy.

As for V-Tech, if we can find a defense on their schedule that doesn't have the speed to contain Vick on the outside, I think we get the automatic W, don't you? V-Tech minus the points against Duke looks enticing right now. I am guessing the line will be -25 or so since it's in Durham in six days and V-Tech is probably gonna score 40. I read on the RX earlier this week that teams that score 40+ cover spread 83% of the time.

Later,
Books Worst Enemy

BWE,

I wouldn't complain if I were you...

From my viewpoint and included in my write up was the fact I thought Va Tech would wear NC State down...

Va Tech limited NC State to a Field Goal for the entire second half and when the game was on the line, Va Tech controlled the ball for 7 minutes, seeling the win...

THE SHRINK

The right play was NC State as the game was clearly a mismatch. Be very careful this year betting V Tech as line will be inflated and there will be unreal value going against them.

Also I will take points anytime at home on a big tv game.

Good Call Kenny but be very careful with this team.

the glue

EOG Veteran
Thanks for the win Shrink,but they did'nt look good like I thought they would.But a win is a win.Show me the money.lolololol.:+waving-5

Books Worst Enemy

EOG Addicted
Shrink,

You bring up a very good point about the second half and the final time consuming drive by V-Tech was critical.

Holding NCSU to 3 points in the 2H is a very big deal and that is something that good teams do. The Hokie D made the adjustments at the half that needed to be made.

They say the team that wins the first five minutes of the 3rd quarter will usually win the game. The better team is usually the one that succeeds here. I have taken that to mean the team that scores on their first possession of the 3rd quarter. NCSU punted on their first 3rd quarter possession and VT went on a 89 yard field goal drive.

So it does appear that your call was a good one last night and even though NCSU won the game statistically, VT was the better team.

Good call and good win. Sorry for the complaints. The reason you liked the bet, Marcus Vick, was ultimately the reason we won the bet. The guy is amazing and when he gets loose he can turn it on. We will need to cash more tickets on this guy when he faces slightly slower defensive lines.

Later,
Books Worst Enemy

Thanks BWE,

I don't CHARGE for any picks either and we have LOTS of GOOD cappers here already sharing their slections...

I really appreciate those who are contributing in the Sports Forums because it does take some balls...

Please don't get discouraged too much if you lose because I personally have more respect for those who risk sharing their plays compared to others who don't take the chance to help our forum out...

THE SHRINK

Books Worst Enemy

EOG Addicted
I will post one play this week and possible another. Both will include reasoning. Have to see the lines first. But I will be very surprised to see these two plays go 0-2. If the lines make sense, and I'm sure they will, I will be playing these two for $2K each.

Later,
Books Worst Enemy

Ghost

EOG Enthusiast
panther said:
va tech bullshit

refs cheated alot more in the 2 nd half

you will see another post out of my when I see 700 in my bo bog account

with that said

bye its been fun

panther

I was wondering where he went....