Nice to see Texas stick it to Utah....

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
PAC 12 is a joke.

I wonder if a "power 5" conference can get deleted over time? Or these 5 forever the power 5?

PAC 12 should be eliminated and/or replaced by another conference.

boston massacre

EOG Master
PAC 12 is a joke.

I wonder if a "power 5" conference can get deleted over time? Or these 5 forever the power 5?

If a PAC 12 Team could Lock up a big percentage of the Top High School Football Recruits that play in the Western Time Zone, you'd have some Power out there.

You have a 5 Star Q.B. from California going to BAMA next year.

A 5 Star Linebacker from California going to OREGON next year.

A 5 Star T.E. from Las Vegas going to GEORGIA next year.

A 5 Star C.B. from Arizona going to GEORGIA next year.

A 5 Star Q.B. from California going to CLEMSON next year.

A 5 Star R.B. from Arizona going to TEXAS next year.

There's your PAC 12 Problem right there.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Yes, if they could recruit in state they'd be fine, especially California.

Unless I read it wrong it said the top 25 recruits ALL went out of state. Not a single one stayed to play at USC/UCLA.

Down here in Florida the big 3 (Fla/FSU/Mia) aren't getting many of the premium guys any more like they used to.

More stayed in state than California but not like the old days when all 3 schools were powerhouses.....

Most the best 5 star blue chippers leave Florida now.

Florida and California produce more HS talent than anyone else in the nation, Texas 3rd.

My Gator recruiting class is typical, decent but can't get the skill positions these days. Really need RB's/WR's (and QB's), no relief in sight.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Yes, if they could recruit in state they'd be fine, especially California.

Unless I read it wrong it said the top 25 recruits ALL went out of state. Not a single one stayed to play at USC/UCLA.

Down here in Florida the big 3 (Fla/FSU/Mia) aren't getting many of the premium guys any more like they used to.

More stayed in state than California but not like the old days when all 3 schools were powerhouses.....

Most the best 5 star blue chippers leave Florida now.

Florida and California produce more HS talent than anyone else in the nation, Texas 3rd.

My Gator recruiting class is typical, decent but can't get the skill positions these days. Really need RB's/WR's (and QB's), no relief in sight.

That S.E.C. Region is tightly stacked.

A Florida 5 Star going to BAMA isn't a Long Haul.

Last Decade, the Top 5 Schools in Recruiting, in no order, have been BAMA, CLEMSON, OHIO ST., GEORGIA, LSU.

Your right about (FLA., FLA ST., MIAMI ), none of them have been a National Championship contender the Last Few Years.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It wasn't that Utah lost.

It was how the Utes lost.

Listless.

Texas 3-0, 10-0, 17-0, 17-3, 24-3, 24-10, 31-10 and 38-10.

Texas outgained Utah, 438-254.

#AssKicking

Texas returns 15 starters while Utah loses nine.

Texas head coach Tom Herman improves to 4-0 in bowl games.

FairWarning made the winning point about Utah's lack of effort after the devastating loss to Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship Game.

The Utes finished the season by losing their final two games by a combined score of 75-25.

Yikes!

Non playoff bowls are becoming exhibitions. Lots of teams don't care. A game in San Antonio between Texas, located an hour away, and Utah. Gee who you think is trying versus who doesn't care?

Utah may not have deserved to be in the playoffs, but did OU? Utah would have had no chance against LSU but they surely would not have been pancaked in one half like that.

PAC 12 is a joke.

And what did the Big 12 do in the bowls? What have they ever done in the playoff era?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Oregon and Utah not top four in the country....I really don’t like comparing conferences that much but I can recognize a conference that is not deserving....PAC 12 has been that conference for the past few years...

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Oregon and Utah not top four in the country....I really don’t like comparing conferences that much but I can recognize a conference that is not deserving....PAC 12 has been that conference for the past few years...
I think there were really only three deserving teams. Not saying clemson didn’t deserve it (they did) but the resume of the ACC sucks. What people do is compare a team to another conference, and that isn’t fair. Utah really only has itself to blame as they lost in the conference championship. Their poor showing in the bowl had nothing to do with the conference either. It would be very unfair if the PAC 12 next season (asu, Utah?) has a BCS playoff quality team and was judged by this year.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Texas head coach Tom Herman improves to 4-0 in bowl games.

Off the top of my head he was a dog in at least three of them -- vs. Missouri two years ago, Georgia last year, and Utah this year.

I like him as a dog, but not as a favorite. The more points the better.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
That's the way I like to think about coaches, Foresthill.

How do coaches perform when dressed as a dog or dressed as a favorite?

Love smart coaches in Pick 'em games against dumb-dumbs.

Coaching factor likely to come into play in closely-contested games.

Last edited: