NIT/CBI/CIT Selections

tripp

EOG Master
Hardest thing about these tournaments is judging the motivation. Is a team like St Marys or San Diego St going to come out pissed that they got snubbed and try to show people how good they are and that they deserve in the real tournament, or are they going to just not give a fuck about this as they aspired for more. St Mary is especially disappointed I think because they're not just a team that wanted to go there, they are a team that had a legit shot of making a deep run with a healthy Mills. Mills doesn't get hurt and they might have been as high as a 5 seed.

Then there is the CBI and CIT tournaments. These tournaments are really for shitty teams that are just looking for a fun tournament to end the year with and hopefully at least bring in a trophy for the school. It gives them at least something to build on for the next year.

With all that said I usually stay away from these games because you really can't always judge the teams motivation. I see some lines I like though and will be looking for any motivational edges I find.

3 units Oakland -3.5 (CIT)

I think both teams are disappointed to be in the CIT. These are teams that did not even make the top 113 in the nation (65 in ncaa, 32 in nit, 16 in cbi), and both had realistic goals of being in the NCAA Tournament. Kent St is probably the most talented team in their conference, but just had a disappointing season the whole way. Oakland has a 10 point lead at HT vs ND State, but blew it and ended up lossing by 2, costing them a trip to the Big Dance. Both these teams are disappointed in being here, so which has more to play for? IMO, it's Oakland. Oakland is still a program trying to build itself into a premier Summit team, and it has had some good teams in the past few years. This is a home game where they have been very good this year and I think they have more to gain by beating a team like Kent St, then they do by beating a team from the Summit conference. Oakland is better than people think, get a home game here, and IMO they should win here.

3 units New Mexico -8 (NIT)

New Mexico is a team that is easily good enough to be in the tournament. This team is better than some 9, 10 seeds. Their resume isn't good enough to get in though and I understand that. They will be a major player in the NIT though. I think they have the toughest bracket, but they can make a run in it. They have the easiest 6 seed in the tournament and they should roll Nebraska.

Have a couple more for tomorrow, this is all that is in right now though.

tripp

EOG Master
Re: NIT/CBI/CIT Selections

2 units Davidson +4 (NIT)

2 units UTEP +2 (CBI)

2 units UAB +6 (NIT)

1 unit Penn St/George Mason o 121.5 (NIT)

1 unit UNLV/Kentucky u 135 (NIT)

1 unit St Marys/Washington St u 120 (NIT)

This is it for tomorrow. Can't wait to get these tourneys started.

tripp

EOG Master

WOW MAN!

Thanks! Great night... I even won on UAB +6.5

you are GOLD!

Glad you got the win there instead of the push. UAB was only down 3 in the last minute but couldn't hit a shot late. I'm okay with a push though, I know a lot of guys here had ND -5.5, so at least they won.

Looks like 5-1-1 tonight with UTEP pending, and they look good right now.

Way to go Tripp. I cringed once again as you posted your UAB play. ND had double or near double digit leads at least on three different occasions and pissed it away every time with thier lack of defense and forcing poor shots. I had -5 (buying the hook) so we both won this time. How often does that happen? :cheers

tripp

EOG Master

Way to go Tripp. I cringed once again as you posted your UAB play. ND had double or near double digit leads at least on three different occasions and pissed it away every time with thier lack of defense and forcing poor shots. I had -5 (buying the hook) so we both won this time. How often does that happen? :cheers

Yeah, game went back and forth often. One minute ND was up large, and a few minutes later UAB was leading. Like I said though I'm okay with a push when it means a lot of others around here won, as I know ND was a popular play tonight. Congrats on the win natty.:thumbsup

tripp

EOG Master

CIT: 1-0 +3.00 units
CBI:
1-0 +2.00 units
NIT: 4-1 +5.95 units

Will have tomorrow's plays posted shortly.

tripp

EOG Master

CIT plays first..

2 units Belmont +7

I don't know why Evansville is getting so much love here. Not only are they 7 pt favorites, but they are getting all the public money right now also. One reason could be that Belmont has been able to be bet 4 times this year, and they have failed to cover every time. They were -1 @ Santa Clara, and lost. They were -9 vs JMU, and lost handily. They were -6.5 vs Mercer in the playoffs and won, but only by 1. I don't know the spread vs ETSU (solid team that will give Pitt some trouble possibly), but no way they covered when they lost by 14. With all that said they are a good team and a team that gave some major programs trouble this year. They lost by 2 AT Tennessee earlier and were really winning most of the game. They only lost by 14 @ Pittsburgh, which is very respectable. They have wins @ Austin Peay, and vs Midd Tenn St. Those might not sound great, but those are nice wins for a team like Belmont. 7 points is just too much vs a team like Evansville. On a neutral they're saying this game is around 3.5? (HCA counts less in situations like this IMO - I'd be surprised if the arena was 75% full). On a neutral I'd line this game at maybe Evansville -2, and this game I'd say -5. 7 is too many and Belmont should finally reward any backers they may have.

2 units Bradley o 74.5

Have good leans to both Bradley and the over here, so to mix in both will play Bradley TT over. Bradley only avg 67 ppg this year, but many teams in the MVC like to slow it down and play much better defense than Austin Peay. Bradley can play an up temto game and is probably better at doing so. They will go up and down with AP, and they will be playing better defense. Drake was able to put up 71 on Austin Peay about a month ago. Bradley has a stronger offense and plays fast. I see no reason why Bradley doesn't hit around 80 here. My line here would be -9 and 143.5.

2 units Idaho -1.5

Idaho should be favored by more than a bucket at home vs Drake. Drake is not a real strong team this year, and I can't imagine they care much about this game after making the NCAA Tournament just last year. Now they play a road game @ Idaho in the 4th caliber tournament. I expect Drake to mail it in here and Idaho will take advantage. Idaho was extremely solid all year at home and I don't see why it'd stop tomorrow. I love these small schools as favorites at home vs the more well known mid major schools. Small schools have more to gain, are just excited to still be playing, and have the comforts of being at home - even if the place isn't packed.

tripp

EOG Master

CBI..

2 units Stanford -13.5

2 units Boise St/Stanford o 147.5

2 units Charleston/Troy o 158

tripp

EOG Master

NIT..

2 units Tulsa -4.5

2 units Illinois St +6.5

2 units Tenn Martin +12

2 units Jacksonville +15

A lot of plays, but I love this time of year and usually go all out. First day of these warm up tourneys went well, so hopefully it continues.

BOL fellas.:thumbsup

I really like the Illinois St. play Tripp. With all this action Im pleased we are not against each other today.... so far (day is young :LMAO).
I usually advise against cherry picking but I will dissect this one myself. Reason no.1 to play Ill.St.; they are a really good team getting points. Reason no. 2; Tripp is betting them also.

bank--it

EOG Enthusiast

Tripp

Are you liftnbet across the street or is he highjacking all of your plays and taking the credit.

GL tonight

tripp

EOG Master

Tripp

Are you liftnbet across the street or is he highjacking all of your plays and taking the credit.

GL tonight

liftnbet? No, I don't post anywhere but here.

This is the second time people have come here telling me others are stealing picks. It's pretty ridiculous that people do this. If they want to use the picks, great, but if someone is actually taking every play I make and saying it's their own that's pretty pathetic.

liftnbet.... doesnt the name say it all. But really ... who cares. Tripps the real McCoy.

Thanks for posting the Ill.St. game Tripp. Looks like were gonna cash. Almost overlooked this play with all the NCAA focus. Great call.

wow... I'm dreaming... you are unreal!!!

took Bradley -8.5 and over 140 for the game both for one unit coz I didn't found team total anywhere... split on that for me... but took jacksonville at ht +4, so I won that...

everything is going great for us so far... thanks tripp... can't wait for tomorrow... 4 great plays

BOL and thank you sir

Thanks for posting the Ill.St. game Tripp. Looks like were gonna cash. Almost overlooked this play with all the NCAA focus. Great call.

Fuckin OT? Cant believe I opened my big mouth and now were in OT. Hopefully they dont tank. 2348ji23e

tripp

EOG Master

No worries natty, looks like Ill St will still pull out the cover.:cheers

TheBigRagu

EOG Veteran

Internet / -1 Ticket #: xxxxxxx
Mar 18 10:06 PM

CBB
CBB
CBB
CBB
PARLAY (4 TEAMS)
[538] IDAHO U -1-110
[652] OREGON STATE +3-150 (B+2)
[653] BOISE STATE o148-140 (B+1?)
[654] STANFORD -12-150 (B+2)

WIN
WIN
WIN
WIN
WIN
03/18/2009 08:17 PM

owe it all to to you tripp...great night!!! Thanks91023i2ndw;l

styz19

EOG Member

There is only one thing I know about college basketball and its follow Tripp.
Another unbelievable night, thank you very much

gofur876

EOG Addicted

One of the damndest 2 day runs I've ever seen. Congrats. This is no bull, about 20+ yrs ago, in the middle of the season on a Sat. I hit 19 of 22 w/1 P. Not for huge $$ about $50 per. Then of course on Sun. I went 1 for 9. Shit happens. But Tripp really seems to know WTF he's doing, I made a nice $$$ on Ill St. Thanks:houra

FlynnNasty

EOG Addicted

Playing anything tonight in these tourneys tripp. Im thinkin about jumpin on the tripp train. Like your tourney picks. Tough loss with butler but i feel we had the right side just couldnt pull it out.

tripp

EOG Master

Playing anything tonight in these tourneys tripp. Im thinkin about jumpin on the tripp train. Like your tourney picks. Tough loss with butler but i feel we had the right side just couldnt pull it out.

Yeah, butler was really tight. Those losses happen, and I would play the same side again. Under should hit barring a ton of FT's or OT. Just need Cal to have a good 2nd H now.

For NIT not sure. I do like Rhode Island though, so if anything is a play it will be them.

tripp

EOG Master

2 units Baylor +4.5

I think this team is good enough to get the win vs Virginia Tech. More talent on Baylor IMO. I might have a bit on the ML tomorrow also.