NJ Governor lowers the flag half-mast for Whitney...

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Many people are up in arms for this gesture...I think he did the same for Clarence Clemons the lead sax player for Bruce Springsteen....I think Christie did the right thing here...New Jersey just honoring her contributions to the world being the fact that she was from New Jersey...any opinons here?

pvcpipe

EOG Master
Re: NJ Governor lowers the flag half-mast for Whitney...

Not to be all high and mighty, but I'd rather see the flag lowered to half mast every time a New Jersey boy gets killed fighting for us in some bumfuck country than lowered to celebrate the inevitable demise of a pill-addled drug addict.

Heim

EOG Master

she loved NJ so much she relocated to Atlanta when she hit it big....

railbird

EOG Master

Not to be all high and mighty, but I'd rather see the flag lowered to half mast every time a New Jersey boy gets killed fighting for us in some bumfuck country than lowered to celebrate the inevitable demise of a pill-addled drug addict.

you mean fighting for Isreal, Haliburton, world bank, goldman sachs and oil. not fighting for us. vote for Ron Paul

bishqqq

EOG Addicted

railbird........YOU BETTER FREAKIN BELIEVE our boys are fighting for, in a way , for haliburton & exxon & chevron.........what kind of life would most americans have, if gasoline is $ 12.71 a gallon ?.............things are COMPLICATED & UNFAIR .......full disclosure.........i own a ton of HAL.................bish

EasyGoer45

EOG Veteran

if he lowered the flag for every crackhead that died in NJ or from NJ the flag would be permanently at half staff

Herbie

EOG Addicted

Personally if it stopped soldiers from coming home in coffins for political silliness I wouldn't object if Christy desired to honor drug addicted dead celebs by wearing the flag as a diaper...

High Times

EOG Master

railbird........YOU BETTER FREAKIN BELIEVE our boys are fighting for, in a way , for haliburton & exxon & chevron.........what kind of life would most americans have, if gasoline is $ 12.71 a gallon ?.............things are COMPLICATED & UNFAIR .......full disclosure.........i own a ton of HAL.................bish

Must suck to be blind

I propose leaving the flag at half-staff all the time.

People of some good cause die every day.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Supposedly they buried her with a half million in gold and diamonds...they must think she was some kind of pharaoh!