Note to bookmakers/ Line makers*****

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
INFLATE THE FAVORITES. Would you guys rather lose 22 million the the squares and win 2 million from the sharps, or win 22 million from the squares and lose 2 million to the sharps?

Home dogs have been getting crushed the last 14 months. Enough is enough of this crap.

not too many books get busted by squares........

sharps on the other hand have busted a bunch....

so you might want to rethink your statement......

but i know where your coming from..........

point is this...........the squares will lose it back........

sharps aint going too.

BWE-
You are saying something I've thought for the past few years. Books have the game figured out.

Dime is correct, they'd rather see the sharps lose and squares win on plays, because they know the squares will always find a way to lose, mainly thorugh money management diffenciency.

Irn.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Hitman26 said:
INFLATE THE FAVORITES. Would you guys rather lose 22 million the the squares and win 2 million from the sharps, or win 22 million from the squares and lose 2 million to the sharps?

Home dogs have been getting crushed the last 14 months. Enough is enough of this crap.

last week I thought the lines on the FAVS were closer to reality, many inthe 7-9 point range. This week back to the old "anything can happen on Sunday" type of lines. need to see those 7 -10 point spreads on many more favorites next week bookies!

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
I love it. All of these books that only want squares get crushed because they have absoultly no sharps on the other side to hedge some of the action. Carolina was the closest thing to a dog winning outright today and that was the square play of the year.

Books Worst Enemy

EOG Addicted
What's the record of dogs to favorites this year? Anyone know?

Has there ever been an NFL season where the favorites covered by 57% or more?

If what you are saying is true, you better have your money with solid shops because if what you are saying is true...that the squares are not losing in the NFL...some of these shops could run into trouble. Most of the squares will lose it back before they order a payout. But more than usual will be getting payouts if they are really winning in the NFL.

I think what you are saying is true about squares and favorites. My buddy calls me all the time when he zeros his off shore accounts. It never fails, he is always picking favorites in the NFL. Went to a bar yesterday and watched the end of the Chargers game. Everyone in the place was bitching and moaning because everyone had the chargers minus the points. Just talking to a few people, I don't think I noticed anyone who had money on a dog. And all of them were going with the Colts tonight.

Later,
Books Worst Enemy

KingofTheHill

EOG Enthusiast
Didnt have a good day yesterday. Tonights game, is going to kill me, I cant see how its only a -4 game. EVERYONE and their brother is going to load up on the Colts, its almost a helpless feeling knowing i have to hang the game tonight.

The line will get driven up a little bit more prolly. You are giving too much credit to the Colts... and to little to the Patriots. Remember Brady can still put up points on the board.

Tough call on whether to start inflating favorites. As soon as you do, the dogs will have a big week and you will want to throw yourself out of a window. The adage is "trust in the #". Sooner or later it should turn. You can however move a little quicker off your action. A season such as this demonstrates why a book needs proper funding and needs to book to their bankroll. This keeps them from getting hurt to bad. Also a BM has to know, that there is no certain profit in short term.

acw

EOG Enthusiast
This phenomena has been going on for quite some time now on the European football. It is what you call 'fighting for the favourites'. I know one degenerate favourite backer that bets with me and during the past two weeks won 11 bets in a row. Guy still owes me money, but is out of the settlement area. Question is when we will see the first casualties!

Books Worst Enemy

EOG Addicted
Tempting to start taking every dog on the NFL card from here on out and hope for the apology. Problem is, betting on "due" can kill you quicker than anything.

Later,
Books Worst Enemy

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Books Worst Enemy said:
Tempting to start taking every dog on the NFL card from here on out and hope for the apology. Problem is, betting on "due" can kill you quicker than anything.

Later,
Books Worst Enemy

Wouldn't advocate that.

Favs/dogs can go on some crazy runs.

Another 2-3 weeks of chalk wouldn't shock me that much.:hung

DE NIRO

EOG Member
this is why squares will always lose in the end

when squares win ex. $10-$10-$10-$10= +$40

when squares lose ex. $10-$20-$30-$60=-$120

squares cant handle 3-4 game losing streak and everyone goes through thousands of 4 game losing/winning streaks

squares can easily go broke winning 60% of their bets in certain times

acw

EOG Enthusiast
KingofTheHill said:
Didnt have a good day yesterday. Tonights game, is going to kill me, I cant see how its only a -4 game. EVERYONE and their brother is going to load up on the Colts, its almost a helpless feeling knowing i have to hang the game tonight.
I do not understand the problem!
You just lay it all off at a better price offering your customers worse.

GamblingBrain

EOG Addicted
Someimtes sharps always look to take dogs, taking dogs only doesnt make a sharp. I have seen several go with 4-5 dogs every weekend taking teams playing bad at home just becuase their at home and getting a couple points. Seem like the real sharps do bust back at the books when the books are being kind with the small fav lines. Of course seattle -4 looked to easy this weekend, but because a game looks too easy isnt a reason to take another team. Their has to also be something behind the play