Oct 17, 2015..... Mich St at U of M

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
One of the most famous plays in MSU history occurred today 5 years ago....MSU walk off game winning TD off a U of M botched punt. Was at the Linq at the time of this celebrating my 50th birthday. So satisfying considering U of M's arrogant fan base led by their Jesus, Jim Harbaugh. That was a great day for any Spartan fan, which will never be forgotten.

The radio call by U of M's Jim Branstadder was priceless: http://mrbowling300.com/MSUblock.mp3

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Basically, Harbaugh, with his incompetent time management, lost the game for Michigan. I won't post all the details, but by using 4 more seconds on each play, Michigan could have run the clock out without punting. Thus Harbaugh converted about a billion to 1 shot into about a 200/1 shot of a botched punt and got burned.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
That is correct, Jalen Watts-Jackson suffered a season ending injury after that play, fracturing his hip after his team piled on him. He ended up forgoing his final season of eligibility at MSU and went into the Air Force specializing in cyber security.

Last edited:

choslamshe

EOG Master
Basically, Harbaugh, with his incompetent time management, lost the game for Michigan. I won't post all the details, but by using 4 more seconds on each play, Michigan could have run the clock out without punting. Thus Harbaugh converted about a billion to 1 shot into about a 200/1 shot of a botched punt and got burned.

It continues to baffle me how bad coaches are with time management. Everywhere you look, teams up a score in the last minutes of a game are snapping the ball with double digit seconds on the play clock. Yesterday BYU was no different before they pulled away with their last minute TD.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
It continues to baffle me how bad coaches are with time management. Everywhere you look, teams up a score in the last minutes of a game are snapping the ball with double digit seconds on the play clock. Yesterday BYU was no different before they pulled away with their last minute TD.
Time management and the use of the 2-point conversion. The latter applies more to the NFL coaches.