Odds for Joshua vs Ruiz 2 A Week Out

TheOddsGuy

Administrator
Saudi Arabia hosts a bevy of heavyweight fights next weekend including the major Andy Ruiz jr vs Anthony Joshua rematch for the WBO, WBA and IBF world titles.

The books have Michael Hunter as a favorite over Alexander Povetkin. Some people may bite on Povetkin ibn the underdog spot, he is 35-2 with his only losses to Joshua and Klitschko.

Joshua was a more than -1000 favorite the first time around, he won't get that this time but he is still entering as the favorite at -225. Joshua has a lot of questions to answer after the loss and there is the school of thought that Ruiz sort of let the genie out of the bottle. Can Ruiz Jr do it again? Joshua is chinny and even though he went down against Klitschko and got up to win, I do feel Klitschko let him off the hook by being cautious. There is a good bit of footage of Joshua getting rocked in the amatuers as well. I do think Ruiz Jr can do it again, we find out next Saturday.

Comment appreciated.

Below are the current odds from 5Dimes, check your favoite book for the #s as well.

Diriyah Arena - Diriyah, Saudi Arabia - Saturday, December 7, 2019

Heavyweight 12 rounds -
Eric Molina +1300
Filip Hrgovic -2150

Heavyweight 12 rounds -
Mariusz Wach +1000
Dillian Whyte -1750

Super Featherweight 12 rounds -
Jono Carroll +200
Scott Quigg -240

Heavyweight 12 rounds -
Alexander Povetkin +170
Michael Hunter -200

Heavyweight 12 rounds -
Andy Ruiz Jr +185 Over 7½ -155
Anthony Joshua -225 Under 7½ +135

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I sometimes confuse Ortiz and Ruiz.

For that matter, Wilder and Joshua carry similar profiles.

TheOddsGuy

Administrator
Joshua really took a hit to his sstanding with the loss to Ruiz, I dont blieve even a win here will put him back where he was.

TheOddsGuy

Administrator
Ruiz has paid his dues, he has a chubby body type. He has been prone to getting discouraged, like when he thought he was getting a push under Arum, or when he lost to Parker in a fight he thinks he won.

On the outside, he does have the look of a one and done type of fighter. Not many mention it but he has ties to the Latin Kings and it is a possibility that lifestyle will trump the hard work of getting to the belt. He blinged up after he won, got an AK-47 gold necklace. Not exactly the best idea for the heavyweight champion.

With that said, I was not firm on the Joshua bandwagon like many good people were. The chin from the ammy's? Also he won his gold medal at home like a lot of Brits that year. Both he and Luke Campbell were the top 2 names of the Brit medalists and both have failed to remain perfect in the pros.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If you didn't bet Ruiz the first time around, it's hard to pull the trigger now.

It's that wedding-funeral line in play here.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Joshua really took a hit to his sstanding with the loss to Ruiz, I dont blieve even a win here will put him back where he was.

And before that Loss to Ruiz, he had talked about fighting Wilder for 2 years, or should I say that the Wilder matchup was talked about for 2 years.

Correct me if I am Wrong, but that matchup could have gotten each fighter at least 25 Million each if it had happened.