Odds to win NCAA tourney - what looks good

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Odds to win NCAA tourney - what looks good

Six-game moneyline parlays often outperform future-book odds to win it all.

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

I like FSU also (a little biased). They are getting hot at the right time and are finally scoring (although I would like to see them go inside a bit more to James). We all know that FSU can play defense, just curious to see if their offense (specifically 3-point shooting) can continue to play well.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

FSU's odds are fair. They'd never stand a chance against Kentucky, but they clearly can beat elite teams and so 32:1 may be hedgeable if they make a run.

I think Cincy will be a tough matchup tho assuming both teams advance.

munson15

I want winners...

Not a big follower of the sport, Weinke. Just looked at the odds and seedings. I like teams from big conferences that haven't been reading press clippings all year.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Hope that FSU bet cashes. I got 100/1 on them last week.

tripp

EOG Master

I think with almost all these you are looking to hedge to make money because Kentucky is gonna win the championship. This team is good bit better than everyone else imo. Their path isn't too difficult either. Not saying they have an easy bracket, but they have the easiest 2 seed and UK won't let a team like Indiana or Wichita beat them.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

I like Missouri at 12-1.

agreed, love this price..every single team has weaknesses..UK is the best team but I have never trusted Calipari. When has he ever won a big game? The guy can recruit, but can't coach..also their youth could do them in. Mizzou probably also playing with a chip on their shoulder's due to being the #8 overall seed.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

along with mizzou 12-1, I'm liking:

Fla St 30-1
n mexico 50-1
Baylor 35-1
Vandy 35-1

I like these teams to win multiple games and have hedge opportunities deeper into the tourney.

tripp

EOG Master

Kentucky -129 to win South Region
Marquette +796 to win West Region
Marquette -104 to make Sweet 16
L'Ville +128 to make Sweet 16
Will a #1 Seed win the tournament? Yes -120
Over 2.5 #1 seeds in the Final Four +506

Don't love that last one as I only see Kentucky as a dominant 1 seed, but figure it was worth a small play at 506. UNC has a pretty easy bracket, Cuse may have a tough time vs Ohio St (Ohio St actually the favorite to move on from the East bracket), but outside of that only tough matchup they have is Vandy or Wisconsin potentially. Mich St is very beatable and I think West is up for grabs, but they are playing their best ball right now and have senior leadership and a great coach.

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

Usually betting the M/Ls produce better odds but most punters bottle out of the increasing stakes. On the other side you have punters bottling out of sticking with an overbet future and go crazy looking for a way out.

If you have Betfair or Matchbook accounts then overbetting a future makes sense if thats the strategy, if its just a bet then work within your usual parameters. As with all future markets, the wisdom of crowds syndrome prevails and value quickly disappears. :cheers

Fezzik

EOG Veteran
Michigan State, NO2. seed, lost in finals to NC..........and would have gotten you 135-1 with a 6 team parlay

Michigan State, NO2. seed, lost in finals to NC..........and would have gotten you 135-1 with a 6 team parlay

LOL at those saying "ususally" you would get better value on the ML parlays.

Iowa St is probably over 1000-1 on no vig mls.......etc.

J

joeybagadonuts

Agree with Fez. Sucker bets, imo.