Official....Anthony Davis Now A Laker

Heim

EOG Master
Ball, Ingram and Hart plus draft picks. Marc Stein is reporting Lakers became prime destination once Celtics
refused to include Tatum in any deal.

kane

EOG master
AD going to the Lakers tells me Kyrie isn't resigning with Boston, Danny Ainge would have included Tatum in a deal if he had the assurance that Kyrie would be staying, then build around Kyrie and AD, but by letting AD go to the Lakers, that means Kyrie is leaving. David Griffin was forced to take the second best offer since the Celtics package was his first preference, Griffin is enamored with Tatum and he was the guy he really wanted, but it made no sense for Ainge to make the deal for AD without Kyrie also being there. It now appears that Kyrie is headed to Brooklyn, since he can make more money by resigning in Boston, I'm thinking a possible sign and trade with the Nets, Kyrie for Russell, the Celtics will be looking for a PG and Brooklyn would probably have to move Russell, so it makes sense, Boston can then build around a young core of Tatum, Russell, and Jalen Brown. I heard the package Ainge was willing to offer was Tatum, Marcus Smart, Robert Williams, possibly another young player, and the 14th pick, and possibly another first rounder, which is much better than what he got from the Lakers. It's crazy that the Celtics have been accumulating a lot of assets between young talent plus picks and the plan all along has been to eventually cash in some of those chips for a star, the C's could have traded for Paul George, Jimmy Butler, or even Kawhi, but Ainge was targeting AD the whole time, but at this point it made no sense to make that deal, especially when Rich Paul had recently said AD would not resign in Boston, there's no way Ainge could give up a king's ransom for a one year rental

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Ball, Ingram and Hart plus draft picks. Marc Stein is reporting Lakers became prime destination once Celtics
refused to include Tatum in any deal.

LMAO. If they traded AD when I told them too, they could have gotten two more players (Kuzma and Zubac). I don't know who runs these mickey mouse organizations but I told them no one is going to match that Laker deal, they were fuckng dreaming and they ended up taking less than they could have gotten. Congrats, Pels, you helped fucked up our season and ended up fucking yourselves, too.

Heim

EOG Master
LMAO. If they traded AD when I told them too, they could have gotten two more players (Kuzma and Zubac). I don't know who runs these mickey mouse organizations but I told them no one is going to match that Laker deal, they were fuckng dreaming and they ended up taking less than they could have gotten. Congrats, Pels, you helped fucked up our season and ended up fucking yourselves, too.

Demps sabbotaged the negotiatations.

Last edited by a moderator:

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Demps sabbataged the negotiatations.

Exactly which is why I said to fire his fucking ass on the spot.... it took them a week but eventually did. It's unbelievable. I'm youtubing the trade stuff now and they are talking about the "monster haul" that the Pels got and no one is mentioning they could have done a lot better. I heard from multiple sources that LA offered 5 young starters, a 1st rounder and 2nd rounders. LA was desperate to get AD for a playoff run.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I thought you were a LBJ fan and not a laker fan?

Our season, LOL

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I thought you were a LBJ fan and not a laker fan?

Our season, LOL

I bleed Purple and Gold,
,I sold my soul.
UNIBRON gonna roll,
Straight to the Gold.
Who's gonna stop us?
Who's gonna jump in front of that Bus?
I am Jerry Buss!
NBA screaming.... No Mas, Mo Mas.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The lakers died when norm nixon left

The Forum Club was the Place to Be

During Showtime’s heyday, the team eagerly embraced their glittering celebrity status in the City of Angels. Players like Magic and Norm Nixon had Wilt Chamberlain-like success with the ladies, Pat Riley became something of a sex symbol with his Gordon Gekko-style sideline fashions, and owner Jerry Buss was seldom seen without a few bombshells half his age on his arm. Ground zero for all this action was the Forum Club, a bar-nightclub in the team’s home arena that was like Studio 54 West, replete with sexy young lookers, Hollywood celebrities, free-flowing booze, and plenty of coke.

Source: Maxim

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I know everybody has had it with all this AD stuff but let's not forget this guy can basically do whatever he wants down low.

If you're the Lakers, you do exactly what you just did to get somebody like that. Ball, Ingram can ball but they wont be leaders and players that change the game. AD is that guy. Lakers should be favorite because they will be very tough to guard.

So many fools still left on the forums. Remember when whats his face came to the Lakers? The guy who wore the superman cape? Werent they supposed to win 80 games that year? Davis is Kevin Love 2.0 (like I said at Peeps) he actually isnt even as good as Kevin Love was. James will ruin him too. James is another failing aging guy who thought he was the next Michael Jordan. Reality set in last year and we saw what happened. After 20 games next year and Lakers 10-10 youll see the same shit from this guy again.

Lakers MIGHT not be a lottery team because many guys in west seem to be looking to head east so west might be weak conference next year. So theyll benefit from that.

The best part is once the shit hits the fan, Davis wont re-sign with the Lakers and will just use them as leverage for a max-out deal somewhere. Or I suppose he could force Lakers hand and tell them to trade James and he will stay. I mean, after all, myopic egomaniacs are welcome in Lakerland and he will just be the next in the long line of guys who went to the darkside there.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I know everybody has had it with all this AD stuff but let's not forget this guy can basically do whatever he wants down low.

If you're the Lakers, you do exactly what you just did to get somebody like that. Ball, Ingram can ball but they wont be leaders and players that change the game. AD is that guy. Lakers should be favorite because they will be very tough to guard.

It’s not that he went to the Lakers, it’s all of the backroom and side deals between the agents and players. The Lakers are more just a front. It’s all about LBJ trying to win a title for his ego at the expense of destroying the Lakers future down the road. The only brand loyalty to him is himself.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Denver improved. Portland balled out. OKC even had some swag this season. As a whole the west is better than the east. Biggest reason I agree with what went down with all this and is currently going down is because there was no future with Ball and Ingram as your core or even supporting core. They won't blow you away and have far too many limitations to lead.

Mostly everybody in the NBA has egos. If LA does get Kemba, Lakers will win it all and it will be Brons going out party. AD is just too difficult to guard and he will finally have guys on his team that can take over. Thats the scariest part about all this. He wont need to take over game in and game out.

boston massacre

EOG Master
AD going to the Lakers tells me Kyrie isn't resigning with Boston, Danny Ainge would have included Tatum in a deal if he had the assurance that Kyrie would be staying, then build around Kyrie and AD, but by letting AD go to the Lakers, that means Kyrie is leaving. David Griffin was forced to take the second best offer since the Celtics package was his first preference, Griffin is enamored with Tatum and he was the guy he really wanted, but it made no sense for Ainge to make the deal for AD without Kyrie also being there. It now appears that Kyrie is headed to Brooklyn, since he can make more money by resigning in Boston, I'm thinking a possible sign and trade with the Nets, Kyrie for Russell, the Celtics will be looking for a PG and Brooklyn would probably have to move Russell, so it makes sense, Boston can then build around a young core of Tatum, Russell, and Jalen Brown. I heard the package Ainge was willing to offer was Tatum, Marcus Smart, Robert Williams, possibly another young player, and the 14th pick, and possibly another first rounder, which is much better than what he got from the Lakers. It's crazy that the Celtics have been accumulating a lot of assets between young talent plus picks and the plan all along has been to eventually cash in some of those chips for a star, the C's could have traded for Paul George, Jimmy Butler, or even Kawhi, but Ainge was targeting AD the whole time, but at this point it made no sense to make that deal, especially when Rich Paul had recently said AD would not resign in Boston, there's no way Ainge could give up a king's ransom for a one year rental

Here's how things work with the Supermax Stars.

When they're free, they go to the place where they want to play.

A.D. wanted Lakers, and got it.

LeBron wanted Lakers, and got it.

There's no money negotiations.

That's already known before hand.

N.B.A. Free Agency for the Elite is about Location.

kane

EOG master
It’s not that he went to the Lakers, it’s all of the backroom and side deals between the agents and players. The Lakers are more just a front. It’s all about LBJ trying to win a title for his ego at the expense of destroying the Lakers future down the road. The only brand loyalty to him is himself.

How did the GOAT destroy the Lakers future? AD is 26, he's a top 5 player still in his prime, he'll become the face of their franchise in a few years when the GOAT retires, the Lakers will then build around him, this trade was a win for LA, and will be even after the GOAT is no longer there

kane

EOG master
So many fools still left on the forums. Remember when whats his face came to the Lakers? The guy who wore the superman cape? Werent they supposed to win 80 games that year? Davis is Kevin Love 2.0 (like I said at Peeps) he actually isnt even as good as Kevin Love was. James will ruin him too. James is another failing aging guy who thought he was the next Michael Jordan. Reality set in last year and we saw what happened. After 20 games next year and Lakers 10-10 youll see the same shit from this guy again.

Lakers MIGHT not be a lottery team because many guys in west seem to be looking to head east so west might be weak conference next year. So theyll benefit from that.

The best part is once the shit hits the fan, Davis wont re-sign with the Lakers and will just use them as leverage for a max-out deal somewhere. Or I suppose he could force Lakers hand and tell them to trade James and he will stay. I mean, after all, myopic egomaniacs are welcome in Lakerland and he will just be the next in the long line of guys who went to the darkside there.

Anyone who thinks Kevin Love is a better basketball player than Anthony Davis shouldn't be allowed to post anything basketball related, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. And of course AD will resign with the Lakers, this is the place he wanted to be, he might be a Celtic right now if not for the fact he told Boston he would never resign with them.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Anyone who thinks Kevin Love is a better basketball player than Anthony Davis shouldn't be allowed to post anything basketball related, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. And of course AD will resign with the Lakers, this is the place he wanted to be, he might be a Celtic right now if not for the fact he told Boston he would never resign with them.

Where do these guys come from? LA will be just outside the Lottery? Yeah, that's why, according to the odds, their currently twice as likely as their nearest competetion to win a Title.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
How did the GOAT destroy the Lakers future? AD is 26, he's a top 5 player still in his prime, he'll become the face of their franchise in a few years when the GOAT retires, the Lakers will then build around him, this trade was a win for LA, and will be even after the GOAT is no longer there
what are they building around AD with? They traded a bunch of 1st rounders.

Lets say LBJ decides to retire after next season, whose to say AD wouldn't want to go somewhere else?

kane

EOG master
what are they building around AD with? They traded a bunch of 1st rounders.

Lets say LBJ decides to retire after next season, whose to say AD wouldn't want to go somewhere else?

I'll answer both questions separately. First, they gave up the fourth pick in this year's draft, but the other two picks they traded will be in the late twenties, near the end of the first round, so it's not like they gave up three lottery picks, they'll most likely build around AD with trades and free agents, AD is a guy other stars will want to team up with, and once the GOAT's salary comes off the books, they'll have money to sign another star, and LA has always been a destination city for players. Second, AD isn't dumb, he knows the GOAT will only be around for another two or three years, of course he wanted to be in LA to play with him, but he also knows in a few years the GOAT will no longer be there and he will become the face of the franchise. For AD this wasn't only about playing with the GOAT, but LA is the place he wanted to be long term, he's only 26 so he's got many great years left, and he knows most of those years will be played when the GOAT retires. He has repeatedly said LA is the place he wanted to be, it would make absolutely no sense for him to want out after playing there one year. Now, maybe everything goes wrong this season and for whatever reason he decides LA wasn't the right fit for him, but that would be a big surprise. Also, I have to think the Lakers got some type of assurance that he would resign with them before making the deal. The Celtics were told he wouldn't sign in Boston long term, otherwise he's probably a Celtic today.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I stopped reading this post at "Davis is Kevin Love 2.0 (like I said at Peeps) he actually isnt even as good as Kevin Love was". Some people just can't help themselves.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
They didn't even have to give up Kuzma, and those 1st round picks, except this year, will be in the lower half of the first round.

kane

EOG master
They didn't even have to give up Kuzma, and those 1st round picks, except this year, will be in the lower half of the first round.

Everyone seems to think the Lakers gave up too much, I think they gave up very little when you consider they got a top 5 player still in his prime. The problem for Griffin was, by AD insisting he would only resign in LA, it severely diminished his value on the trade market. AD screwed the Pelicans twice, first by insisting a trade, then by letting it be known he would only resign with one team

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I stopped reading this post at "Davis is Kevin Love 2.0 (like I said at Peeps) he actually isnt even as good as Kevin Love was". Some people just can't help themselves.
Obviously he’s not, but this will be the 1st time he’s not the top option, unless LBJ is giving up that role.

kane

EOG master
Obviously he’s not, but this will be the 1st time he’s not the top option, unless LBJ is giving up that role.

We won't know till the season starts, but at this point of his career, I can see the GOAT maybe not playing second fiddle to AD, but deferring to him more than at any other time in his career, the GOAT is smart enough to realize age eventually catches up to everyone, and I can see him allowing the 26 year old to do more of the heavy lifting

LMAO Kevin Love was regarded as a top 5 NBA guy before he went to Cleveland. We will see how people talk about the unibrow once James and LA get done with him (even when its only for a single season).

People have horrible memories here I guess.

As for the odds Lakers were favored every year Kobe played there even when anyone with half a brain knew they would suck. They were also like the second or third pick last year and were posted at around 63 or so for a season win total.

This constantly thinking books know the odds or are good at predicting shit is why they rape people year after year.

I was writing about fading the Lakers 20 years ago, how has that turned out?

Even when they sucked and they werent getting any credit they still sucked ATS. I think since 2000 they have had maybe two seasons where they were above 500 ATS, and both were pretty recently.

Heim

EOG Master
I like Love as a better complement to LeBron than Davis...they did win a ring which I doubt Davis & LeBron ever do regardless who is at pg. But as Kane pointed out...you can build around Davis in future. Love is not that type of franchise commodity.

kane

EOG master
I like Love as a better complement to LeBron than Davis...they did win a ring which I doubt Davis & LeBron ever do regardless who is at pg. But as Kane pointed out...you can build around Davis in future. Love is not that type of franchise commodity.

Two things Heim, first off that Cavalier team also had Kyrie Irving, I don't know if this Laker squad will get another player of that quality, and second, that was a younger version of Lebron. If you took today's AD and put him on that Cavalier team with a still prime LeBron and Irving, my guess is they would have won the title that year as well

Heim

EOG Master
It's still a 3pt league. That's were Love's value lays...plus as a life long Beach Boys fan I'm biased. :)

railbird

EOG Master
james is likely to have a career ending injury this year, he is too big too run as much as lakers want too, and is already fragile

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Who the fuck is going to stop them? Can you at least tell me that?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Who the fuck is going to stop them? Can you at least tell me that?
Quit being a fanboy for five minutes. Their egos could stop each other. Wasn’t Boston the next dynasty just last year? Shit happens that can’t be explained at this time.