Official Postponed & Cancelled Sports Thread

railbird

EOG Master
the very satanic chi-coms sent it over. technocrats, who, american commies spreading it and power mongering. masses need to take up arms and invade homes of technocrats and nuke president Xi.. IF Trump loses America is lost forever, it will cease to exist

railbird

EOG Master
big 10 minus michigan, ACC and SEC should break away and play. minus the cucks, pansy commisoners, union scams, pay for play thieves.

Is there a reason that the league doesn’t step in and make the Cards call up players to fill a roster and play tonight?

Can't mess with baseball royalty I guess. We all know if the Yanks, Dodgers or Cubs got an outbreak the MLB would give them forever and change all the rules to make sure they still go to the postseason intact. I think the Cards are close enough to that we are seeing what happens.

kane

EOG master
Can't mess with baseball royalty I guess. We all know if the Yanks, Dodgers or Cubs got an outbreak the MLB would give them forever and change all the rules to make sure they still go to the postseason intact. I think the Cards are close enough to that we are seeing what happens.

Great points, the Marlins all got infected and MLB didn't give a shit, next man up, fill out your roster with nobody's and has beens, had it been any of the teams you mentioned, different story

blueline

EOG Master
Author: TEGNA
Published: 11:08 AM EDT August 11, 2020
Updated: 12:32 PM EDT August 11, 2020

A rare condition that causes inflammation of the heart muscle and which could be linked to COVID-19 has been a central concern for Power 5 conference leaders deliberating a return to college sports in the fall, according to ESPN.
The condition known as myocarditis has been discovered in at least five athletes in the Big Ten Conference along with "several other" college athletes in other conferences, ESPN reported while citing two sources familiar with the athletes' medical care.

The condition, if left undiagnosed, can cause heart damage and cardiac arrest.
Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart and it has been found in some COVID-19 patients. There is concern it could be a long-term complication of contracting the virus even in young, healthy people, a group that has usually avoided severe cardiovascular symptoms.
ESPN and Sports Illustrated reported that long-term effects of myocarditis have been discussed frequently on recent calls among conference commissioners and athletic directors.
One Power 5 team doctor told Sports Illustrated that the heart condition has been discussed on "every call.”

MrTop

EOG Master
Great points, the Marlins all got infected and MLB didn't give a shit, next man up, fill out your roster with nobody's and has beens, had it been any of the teams you mentioned, different story

didn't jeter get rid of everyone? he should be knee deep with people in minors.. I don't follow it right now as far as what happened in the minors last year... so many should be in the pro's by now.

cheapseats

EOG Master
It's the media's fault at least ten players have a rare heart condition
Might want to place emphasis on "could". The media is the power arm of the radical left. They lie, they spin, they don't report, they ignore non agendas of any other political party. Media is ruinous.

Might want to place emphasis on "could". The media is the power arm of the radical left. They lie, they spin, they don't report, they ignore non agendas of any other political party. Media is ruinous.

What exactly did the media do? If we have scum in elected positions who pay too much attention the media agenda we should throw them out, should we not?

cheapseats

EOG Master
What exactly did the media do? If we have scum in elected positions who pay too much attention the media agenda we should throw them out, should we not?
That's fine, then they all need to stfu, you think that's going to happen. No, so lying, is a way of life apparently acceptable which means again, none of it matters. Buffalo Springfield in the 60's...."nobodies right if everyone is wrong".....

blueline

EOG Master
not cancelled but :

The Masters Tournament rescheduled for November will take place without spectators or guests, due to the coronavirus pandemic that saw the event postponed from its original date.

Augusta National and Masters chairman Fred Ridley released a statement in which he said "Ultimately, we determined that the potential risks of welcoming patrons and guests to our grounds in November are simply too significant to overcome.'

railbird

EOG Master
Author: TEGNA
Published: 11:08 AM EDT August 11, 2020
Updated: 12:32 PM EDT August 11, 2020

A rare condition that causes inflammation of the heart muscle and which could be linked to COVID-19 has been a central concern for Power 5 conference leaders deliberating a return to college sports in the fall, according to ESPN.
The condition known as myocarditis has been discovered in at least five athletes in the Big Ten Conference along with "several other" college athletes in other conferences, ESPN reported while citing two sources familiar with the athletes' medical care.

The condition, if left undiagnosed, can cause heart damage and cardiac arrest.
Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart and it has been found in some COVID-19 patients. There is concern it could be a long-term complication of contracting the virus even in young, healthy people, a group that has usually avoided severe cardiovascular symptoms.
ESPN and Sports Illustrated reported that long-term effects of myocarditis have been discussed frequently on recent calls among conference commissioners and athletic directors.
One Power 5 team doctor told Sports Illustrated that the heart condition has been discussed on "every call.”
another scam, peds also cause this

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The cubs just announced all 3 days starting Monday are DH’s now. Cards playing 9 games in 5 days starting tomorrow.

I don't get this about the college football. So they say they are worried about the heart condition due to what the doctors told them. So concussions are ok but a small percentage possibly getting a heart condition that may come from something else is not ok to go forward? I mean if you ask a doctor if they should play football every one of them is going to say no.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I don't get this about the college football. So they say they are worried about the heart condition due to what the doctors told them. So concussions are ok but a small percentage possibly getting a heart condition that may come from something else is not ok to go forward? I mean if you ask a doctor if they should play football every one of them is going to say no.
I wonder how many schools besides Ohio St tried to get the players to sign waivers to play.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

If you develop a 'minor heart condition' that might stay with you , NFL might not touch you

Certainly a 1st rounder can turn into a 4th rounder pretty quick

And ALL those kids have their sights on the next level

If you develop a 'minor heart condition' that might stay with you , NFL might not touch you

Certainly a 1st rounder can turn into a 4th rounder pretty quick

And ALL those kids have their sights on the next level

I'm not disagreeing with it, but just pointing out how is it the doctors are saying this is an absolute no go but are silent on the concussions? Seems to me it must be they feel they are in the clear liability wise on the concussions but have a real fear of lawsuits for Covid related issues.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I'm not disagreeing with it, but just pointing out how is it the doctors are saying this is an absolute no go but are silent on the concussions? Seems to me it must be they feel they are in the clear liability wise on the concussions but have a real fear of lawsuits for Covid related issues.
Football and hockey have continued to kick the can down the road when it comes to concussions and CTE. Hockey can change some by going to the Olympic sized rink, no idea what football can do.

kane

EOG master
Terrible news Kane

The people on twitter were wrong, I'm glad they were. BTW, there have been a whole bunch of games already cancelled due to Covid and I'm sure there will be many more, and a bunch of conferences have pushed the start of their season back a month, it's not like the virus hasn't caused havoc

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Lotta fucktards on twitter

Doom and gloom type like Kane eat it up .it feeds them. They look for it. Can't get enough of it.