Official Rules & Entry Thread - Shrink's $2k forum challenge

shdw01

EOG Dedicated
Re: Official Rules - Shrink's $2k forum challenge

Are the Yankees in the NBA finals?......Du-Mas

the point was the line (-200) and not the team....

I could've put Zimbabwe Green Sox.....Fag-Got

Teddy kgb

Banned

the point was the line (-200) and not the team....

I could've put Zimbabwe Green Sox.....Fag-Got

You could have just read the rules Du-Mas

5. For the dog, you are risking 1 unit and for the favorite you are betting to win one unit. If the Lakers ML is -300/+250 and you bet one unit on the Lakers ML, you are risking 3 units to win 1unit. If you play Orl for 1 unit, then you are risking 1 unit to win 2.5 units. Side betting Lakers -6 -110, betting 1 unit would be risking 1.1 units to win 1.

Heels 12

EOG Member

Hyena Sports

dabears
laughn
ironmikejones
Mingo
Go Heels

bluemyboy

EOG Member

my .02

no alternates, not sure why you would need them for a contest that goes 7 games and there is at least a day in between each game.

Instead of post review, any way you can set up time stamping changes done in an edit. Or did you guys want post review for some other reason? That way you can check and make sure things were not done too late without having someone physically checking all the posts. Then you could turn it off after the game.

I like the new min, and think the max is fair as well.

Main reason for PR is piggybacking game 7. If the RX is up 100 units on EOG going into game 7, they can just copy every EOG play to assure victory.

Fading same concept.

Agree on alternates.

Radier can you explain the last part?

3. When you have a full team of five, post the site here along with the 5 team members. You have until 11 PM EST on Wed to enter your team. Someone here at EOG may disqualify a site prior to the tip-off of the first game.

Thanks
Junk

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

You could have just read the rules Du-Mas

5. For the dog, you are risking 1 unit and for the favorite you are betting to win one unit. If the Lakers ML is -300/+250 and you bet one unit on the Lakers ML, you are risking 3 units to win 1unit. If you play Orl for 1 unit, then you are risking 1 unit to win 2.5 units. Side betting Lakers -6 -110, betting 1 unit would be risking 1.1 units to win 1.

I don't think that says anything about max bets, max bets are stated in a different point....you know what they say about assuming.....by the way, you could've just answered the question you queer....i'm guessing you didn't know either.

gl w/ the rr boys.....

Re: Official Rules & Entry Thread - Shrink's $2k forum challenge

Boys,

We have some SERIOUS competition now...

COVERS has just emailed me with their intent to enter....

They will be posting their 5 posters tomorrow...

Let's do this now and may COVERS come in 2nd...91023i2ndw;l

THE SHRINK

Radier can you explain the last part?

3. When you have a full team of five, post the site here along with the 5 team members. You have until 11 PM EST on Wed to enter your team. Someone here at EOG may disqualify a site prior to the tip-off of the first game.

Thanks
Junk
just in case there is a fictitious site that is caught late.

justdave

EOG Member

Thanks Raiders!

BOL to all the entrants. We are very happy to participate.

Not going to put any plays on post review. Strategy may come into play.

Updated rules:

Prize Money: $<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">2,000.00</st1:address></st1:street>
<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on"></st1:address></st1:street>​
<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">
1<sup>st</sup> Place</st1:address></st1:street>: $1,000.00
2<sup>nd</sup> Place: $
<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">500.00
3<sup>rd</sup> Place</st1:address></st1:street>: $
<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">250.00
4<sup>th</sup> Place</st1:address></st1:street>: $
<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">150.00
5<sup>th</sup> Place</st1:address></st1:street>: $100.00

1. Each Forum will be allowed to enter exactly five different cappers for their team.

2. Each team member must have been a registered member of their site prior to 6/1/09. If one member registered after 6/1/09 then the team is disqualified.

4. Each capper will begin with 10,000 units and a maximum of 1,000 units per play. If you make a play in excess of this amount, then the play is good for 1,000 units. If you make a play exceding your bankroll, then the play is void.

6. Lines will be copied from Bookmaker and posted here. The lines won't change, even if they move at Bookmaker. You can only play what's posted on the forum. If you want to play something that's not listed on EOG, say something and it may be added.

7. Futures, Props and so on also have limit of 1000 units per play.

8. No parlays - Don't want to worry about correlated parlays.

9. Plays must be posted prior to the listed tip-off at Bookmaker even if the tip-off is delayed. The time stamp at EOG will be used. Late plays are void. Someone from EOG will have to post when quarter and HT bets are closed. If no one closes it, hopefully everyone will be honest enough not to play it late. Otherwise we'll have to try and match up a history somehow with Matchbook or Stats Inc.

10. There will be a thread to post plays at EOG. You may make as many posts that you want in the thread. No bets will be voided. If a poster bets both sides of a game, then the first bet counts. Team members may have both sides but not one person.

11. Post your forum, name, rotation number and bet. If the rotation number is different, then the bet stands according to the posted words.

12. Also post all plays at your own forum in one thread. EOG posts are official if different from the home forum.

13. Prize Money will be distributed to the teams with the most units won at the end of the NBA Playoffs.

14. EOG has contracted with an independent third party provider to tabulate the results of all plays posted.

15. The results from each day will be posted at EOG. Other forums may post the same.

16. If you find a mistake in the results, say something prior to the tip-off of the next game. If something isn't said, then the results stick.

17. Say something before the first game if you thing of another rule or rule that should be changed.

18. I'll make all final rulings.

19. X-Bets are available at Matchbook for those looking for side bets.

GL and may the best forum win. :cheers

Updated again

Updated rules:

Prize Money: $<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">2,000.00</st1:address></st1:street>

1. Each Forum will be allowed to enter exactly five different cappers for their team.

2. Each team member must have been a registered member of their site prior to 6/1/09. If one member registered after 6/1/09 then the team is disqualified.

4. Each capper will begin with 10,000 units and a maximum of 1,000 units per play and minimum of 100 units. If you make a play in excess of this amount, then the play is good for 1,000 units. If you make a play exceding your bankroll, then the play is void.

6. Lines will be copied from Bookmaker and posted here. The lines won't change, even if they move at Bookmaker. You can only play what's posted on the forum. If you want to play something that's not listed on EOG, say something and it may be added.

9. Plays must be posted prior to the listed tip-off at Bookmaker even if the tip-off is delayed. The time stamp at EOG will be used. Late plays are void. Someone from EOG will have to post when quarter and HT bets are closed. If no one closes it, hopefully everyone will be honest enough not to play it late. Otherwise we'll have to try and match up a history somehow with Matchbook or Stats Inc.

10. There will be a thread to post plays at EOG. You may make as many posts that you want in the thread. No bets will be voided. If a poster bets both sides of a game, then the first bet counts. Team members may have both sides but not one person.

11. Post your forum, name, rotation number and bet. If the rotation number is different, then the bet stands according to the posted words.

12. Also post all plays at your own forum in one thread. EOG posts are official if different from the home forum.

13. Prize Money will be distributed to the teams with the most units won at the end of the NBA Playoffs.

14. EOG has contracted with an independent third party provider to tabulate the results of all plays posted.

15. The results from each day will be posted at EOG. Other forums may post the same.

16. If you find a mistake in the results, say something prior to the tip-off of the next game. If something isn't said, then the results stick.

17. Your team will be disqualified if all 5 members do not make at least one play throughout the playoffs. At least two posters have to make plays game 1 or the team is DQ.

18. Say something before the first game if you thing of another rule or rule that should be changed.

19. I'll make all final rulings.

20. X-Bets are available at Matchbook for those looking for side bets.

Updated rules:

4. Each capper will begin with 10,000 units and a maximum of 1,000 units per play and minimum of 100 units. If you make a play in excess of this amount, then the play is good for 1,000 units. If you make a play exceding your bankroll, then the play is void.

17. Your team will be disqualified if all 5 members do not make at least one play throughout the playoffs. At least two posters have to make plays game 1 or the team is DQ.

18. Say something before the first game if you think of another rule or rule that should be changed.

19. I'll make all final rulings.

20. X-Bets are available at Matchbook for those looking for side bets.

quinnsft34

EOG Member

Can you also post your plays at the RX in one thread even if it's RR or promo. Also post them here. Plays will be in a mixed up order here. Makes it easy to see all RX plays together in one thread.

If you have a code to see RX plays easier let me know. All I see is a big iron fist.

quinnsft34

EOG Member

Boys,

We have some SERIOUS competition now...

COVERS has just emailed me with their intent to enter....

They will be posting their 5 posters tomorrow...

Let's do this now and may COVERS come in 2nd...91023i2ndw;l

THE SHRINK

Take that bet.

quinnsft34

EOG Member

additions - 1 post minimum for every player on a team.

My decisions will be final for any discrepancies in rules and Matchbook.

Raiders,

So one post won't do? I was thinking someone from our board would post our plays. If not then we will send them over to post. I don't think all of our guys have accounts over here so let us know if we can supplement with some steroid (other poster) please.

Raiders,

So one post won't do? I was thinking someone from our board would post our plays. If not then we will send them over to post. I don't think all of our guys have accounts over here so let us know if we can supplement with some steroid (other poster) please.

Send them all over to post. Those are the official plays. Want to make sure that it's actually 5 different people playing. Plus there may be a time a guy wants a HT....................Appreciated if all the plays were in one thread at your place too. Makes it easier to sort out team scoring because plays here at EOG may be from a different team in every post. Thanks

2 questions.

1. Does each poster have 10,000 units to wager total, or a bankroll of 10,000 units. Meaning, if I risk 2,200 units to win 2,000 units on game 1 and win 2,000 do I now have a bankroll of 12,000 units to wager with, or can I only wager the remaining 7,800 units. I'm sure it's the 12,000. Just clarifying.

2. Is it within the rules for Team GamblingIQ to designate a captain who in one single post will post all the action for our team. It would be broken down as to who's plays were whos. It would probably be much easier to grade.

Forget question 2 as you have already answered it!! :)

Hope all is well Raiders. Btw, u have mail

2 questions.

1. Does each poster have 10,000 units to wager total, or a bankroll of 10,000 units. Meaning, if I risk 2,200 units to win 2,000 units on game 1 and win 2,000 do I now have a bankroll of 12,000 units to wager with, or can I only wager the remaining 7,800 units. I'm sure it's the 12,000. Just clarifying.

2. Is it within the rules for Team GamblingIQ to designate a captain who in one single post will post all the action for our team. It would be broken down as to who's plays were whos. It would probably be much easier to grade.

If you get your balance to 12,000 units then you can wager the full 12,000 units. GL

TEAM EOG will be represented by:

<b>Mr NBA

Royalfan

Gyno

Madcapper

Munson (Captain)</b>

Thanks and good luck guys, :cheers

THE SHRINK

biggamer3

EOG Master

Shrink how many plays per day from each player?

The 1K max on each play is to WIN, right?

so i can put 2500 units on Lakers ML to win 1000, correct?

Rizzo

EOG Member

Team Covers has just been finalized:

1) pucku27
2) kohli4
3) 34paytonplace
4) oddsbuster
5) 44-dimes

Best of luck to all teams, and a big thanks to EOG for setting up this great contest!

Cheers,

-Rizz

The oddsmakers will undoubtedly make Covers the favorite...:pop:

Shrink how many plays per day from each player?

The 1K max on each play is to WIN, right?

so i can put 2500 units on Lakers ML to win 1000, correct?
yes, -250 you can risk 2500 As many plays as you want but you can RISK the amount of your bankroll which starts at 10,000 units.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

Just clarifying raiders.....do the other 4 have to register/post plays at eog? Or is them posting plays in home forum thread good enough?

Just clarifying raiders.....do the other 4 have to register/post plays at eog? Or is them posting plays in home forum thread good enough?
They have to register and post here. EOG posts are official. I'm going to be lenient game 1. If one person posts all the plays for the team at EOG, then I'll let it stand. Week 2 each player MUST post his own plays here at EOG.

The rules of this contest will be strictly enforced. At the same time I don't want to ruin what is suppose to be a fun contest. I could see a misunderstanding game 1 and one person posting for the team.

I will clarify it more in the rules, but still will be lenient game 1.

biggamer3

EOG Master

Oh the posters HAVE to post here?

Ah didnt think they had to, that is like i am soliciting them if i ask them to do that.

I thought we clarified that one member per team can post the others plays here.

Pretty sure Shrink said something along those lines

I don't see why the team captain can't bring over the plays for the rest of his team...

Lets try and make this as simple and as convenient for everyone as possible...

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

biggamer3

EOG Master

I don't see why the team captain can't bring over the plays for the rest of his team...

Lets try and make this as simple and as convenient for everyone as possible...

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

:cheers

Thats what i thought, was gonna be tough to get 5 guys from all other forums to post here.