Oh....tani!!

Heim

EOG Master
I hope it's rust but he didn't record an out until his 31st pitch in the first inning today...ball definitely had little movement in the strike zone. Curious to see the betting next time out.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
I am sure Maddon is scratching his head on why it was he took the job.

Roster filled with bad contracts & no farm.

Heim

EOG Master
MLB bettors are sharp. Limited info on Ohtani's intrasquad outings in Anaheim, but local stuff said he struggled finding the strike zone. Money reflected that

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
True ...farm except for Adell is shit. Not sure why he's not starting in RF.

Jo will get a starting job soon...I think.

Trout will take his 'paid leave',...he could gone for weeks.

When that happens, no way Maddon cannot start the kid...right?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Jo will get a starting job soon...I think.

Trout will take his 'paid leave',...he could gone for weeks.

When that happens, no way Maddon cannot start the kid...right?
Joe always threw the kids in right away with the Cubs.

Valuist

EOG Master
I suspect Ohtani will never log a 150 or more inning season in MLB. Too many walks, too high pitch counts.

I also will be betting him under (as a hitter) in props in the day after he pitches. He took a bit of a shot at home plate tonight.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I suspect Ohtani will never log a 150 or more inning season in MLB. Too many walks, too high pitch counts.

I also will be betting him under (as a hitter) in props in the day after he pitches. He took a bit of a shot at home plate tonight.

Jose Abreu took Ohtani's legs out (unintentionally) when Ohtani was covering the plate on a strange play with two outs (dropped third strike, errant throw, two runs scored).

My UNDER 9.5 runs is blowing up.

The highly-touted White Sox bullpen has been shaky over the first four days of the season.

Valuist

EOG Master
Jose Abreu took Ohtani's legs out (unintentionally) when Ohtani was covering the plate on a strange play with two outs (dropped third strike, errant throw, two runs scored).

My UNDER 9.5 runs is blowing up.

The highly-touted White Sox bullpen has been shaky over the first four days of the season.

The HP ump not only squeezed Cease but Ohtani as well. If you lose your under, you got screwed by Moscoco. And what was Maddon doing? Vasgergian (sp?) and A-Rod kept saying " this is the last hitter Ohtani will face", and I wouldn't have disagreed. Ohtani was really losing his command and Maddon just sat on his hands. I thought I was watching the 2016 World Series.

I don't think I've ever seen (at the MLB level) TWO runs score on a dropped 3rd strike.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The home-plate ump is only 27 or 28 years old.

He's Venezuelan.

I'll check his background for more info.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Lefty reliever Aaron Bummer of the White Sox declared before the season started that "the White Sox may not lose a game this year when leading after five innings."

The White Sox have already lost two games this young season when leading after seven innings.

1617591999620.png

Heim

EOG Master
Chisox Kopech is a big addition after sitting out last year. He was unhittable the other night.

Heim

EOG Master
Lol Ohtani was removed because of a pitch count, not injury after 4.2 innings.

Do you really need a pitch count for Japanese pitchers? They're usually done after 4 innings...5 innings is really stretching it.

Heim

EOG Master
On a unrelated note, interesting how new Sox closer Hendricks went from 93-94, to 97-98 after the age of 28.

Just in time for a lucrative 3 year deal.

😏

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I had not heard the divorce story.

Okay.

Reading about the divorce now.

The marriage lasted five months.

Vanessa Morgan was Michael Kopech's wife.

Vanessa said on her wedding day, ""Today, I vowed to love my best friend for a lifetime. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him."

Yikes!

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Maddon is 67 Larussa 76. Combined age 143.
Is this an mlb record?

I'd guess no.

There were some old codgers in the dugouts back in the day.

Connie Mack managed a game at age 87.

And more recently, "Trader Jack" McKeon was 80 when he managed the Marlins.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Another oldie, Casey Stengel managed until he was almost 75 (last year 1965). He overlapped with Mack from 1934 to 1950. Combined age 147 (in 1950).

railbird

EOG Master
im boycotting mlb for their faggoty left wing politics about ga voting. MLB makes you use an ID to pick up tickets in will call, but a fake civil rights dirtbag like hank aaron wants it moved out of ATL?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
im boycotting mlb for their faggoty left wing politics about ga voting. MLB makes you use an ID to pick up tickets in will call, but a fake civil rights dirtbag like hank aaron wants it moved out of ATL?

Be carefull how you talk about the deceased....your time is coming.....

Valuist

EOG Master
I had not heard the divorce story.

Okay.

Reading about the divorce now.

The marriage lasted five months.

Vanessa Morgan was Michael Kopech's wife.

Vanessa said on her wedding day, ""Today, I vowed to love my best friend for a lifetime. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him."

Yikes!

Maybe TLC can come out with a new show. Instead of 90 Day Fiance, it can be 150 Day Marriage.

I also read how Kopech had a PED suspension back when he was in the Red Sox organization.

If one is so crushed by divorce from a 5 month marriage, how is he going to handle high leverage situations on the mound?

Valuist

EOG Master
Getting back to Ohtani, as visually impressive as he is, the results are ok. Below are his career numbers, which to this point are a grand total of 58 innings pitched. Not bad but not to the level of hype:

4.19 ERA
3.88 FIP
3.87 XFIP
5.43 BB/9

The ERA and advanced stats aren't bad, especially today, but until he gets his walk numbers down, he'll never reach his potential as a pitcher.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Getting back to Ohtani, as visually impressive as he is, the results are ok. Below are his career numbers, which to this point are a grand total of 58 innings pitched. Not bad but not to the level of hype:

4.19 ERA
3.88 FIP
3.87 XFIP
5.43 BB/9

The ERA and advanced stats aren't bad, especially today, but until he gets his walk numbers down, he'll never reach his potential as a pitcher.

I liked your idea using Ohtani out of the bullpen.

Remember Eric Gagne?

He was a failed starter who threw hard but had control problems before the Dodgers tabbed him as a bullpen artist.

Heim

EOG Master
One William Hill bettor in Nevada put down $30,000 on Ohtani when he was +3000 to win MVP on March 16 for a total potential payout of $930,000.

I like his chances. Last I saw Ohtani was down to +260. Unfortunately the Halos fading from the playoffs and Trout
taking some votes will hurt.

Heim

EOG Master
Unlike other Halos pitchers. He's lights out when he has two strikes on a batter. Last I saw was 1 for 43.
Overall Opp BAA .119

Heim

EOG Master
He fits right in...he is a complete hack ! A worst manager you cannot find. A real jackass.

He was a genius with the Cubs.

Oh that's right...he had pitching.

Maddon changes closers like socks.

I think it's Mayers now. lol