Ohio St/Minnesota

Valuist

EOG Master
Did we learn anything? I'm not yet sold on Stroud. Minnesota defense is terrible. 7 ypp last year and no sign of improvement. And the OSU D? It's 4th and 1 from Minny's own 25 and the Gopher RB ran right over them for 55 yards. The RB had over 160 yards in less than 3 full quarters. Fleck apparently spends all his recruiting effort on offense, which works great in the MAC. In the MAC, if you can force 4 punts from your opponent, you likely will win. Not in Big Ten.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
But I did appreciate Minnesota head coach P.J. Fleck's attempt at shortening the game with a methodical offensive approach.

Minnesota quarterback Tanner Morgan will one day be an offensive coordinator or head football coach, per Fleck.

Ohio State scored all six of its touchdowns on plays of 30 yards or more (#Explosive).

OSU head coach Ryan Day was a polite guest when his team led by 14 points late in the fourth quarter and he called six straight running plays (all to Marcus Crowley) in the final four minutes of the game.

Day called off the dogs and Fleck did not bother to use his two remaining timeouts.

Game landed 14.

I saw plenty of Ohio State -13.5 and even Minnesota +14.5 (Fanduel) at various times before kickoff.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Kerry Coombs is a fabulous recruiter. He’s over his head as a defensive coordinator. OSU even called a timeout before the fourth and 1 run. Only optimism the OSU D will be any better is that both starting corners were out.

Last edited:

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Kerry Coombs is a fabulous recruiter. He’s over his head as a defensive coordinator. OSU even called a timeout before the fourth and 1 run. Only optimism the OSU D will be any better is that both starting corners were out.
Coombs did not have DC responsibilities yesterday. The D still stinks but I like that the change was made.