Ok I'm confused

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
The ref in the USA/Troy game threw a flag when the Jags successfully converted a 51 yard field goal and announced running into the kicker. 15 yard penalty? I thought roughing the kicker was the 15 yard variety when running into was 5? Don't remember it differing from the pros.

jimmythegreek

Thanks Diablo. I just googled the colleges. Unless I missed it somewhere it states running into is only 5.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Thanks Diablo. I just googled the colleges. Unless I missed it somewhere it states running into is only 5.

I would imagine in this particular instance, the referee misspoke. He should have said roughing the kicker for 15 yards.

Looked to me like the defender rolled up on his plant leg. That's always a roughing penalty.

jimmythegreek

I would imagine in this particular instance, the referee misspoke. He should have said roughing the kicker for 15 yards.

Looked to me like the defender rolled up on his plant leg. That's always a roughing penalty.
That was my only other assumption as well.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
In basketball, I think the college kids will struggle this season with the 3-point line at the international distance.

We shall see.