Olympic F1 Dispute - 2-1 Player

Santo

EOG Veteran
Surprised TOW hasn't posted this himself, but the panel has ruled 2-1 in favour of the player.

I'm glad to see the rule as stated by the books own rules prevailed.

Sober Leprechaun

EOG Enthusiast
as i understand, this is a non-binding ruling which means that olympic does not have to pay if they choose not to. it will be interesting to see if they step up or not.

catfish

EOG Member
Should he pay the guy ? Presrciption Ruled in favour of Olympic in this Matter Months Ago (I will try find link and post it).. Does this mean Majorwager should Arbitrate and rule now ?? and then the winner of that is declared find another 2 forums and go for best of 5 rulings if loser not happy with Ruling ?? Who has more power in the ruling ? A Forum site run that's been around 5 minutes or one that's been around 5 years ??

So why should Olympic pay if the Customer didn't agree with 1st ruling, why should Olympic agree with this one ? .. lol.. Although Hope does, as I'll be lookin at healthy Collect.. But that's besides the point..

Does this mean All the Other Carib Books should be paying ? As Cris and 5dimes would owe me a chunk of cash on this ruling.. Why are their names not being mentioned in all this commotion..

This Player took a shot, Just as I did.. He missed, Just As I did with the US Books.. The Rules covered by Oly, Cris, and 5dimes are not like the Books of Australia and Europe (whom paid out as per usual in this matter, and also kept $'s of non-runners, which Olympic Did not do.).. Atleast Spiro Paid out on tthe Winner and Places 1st and 2nd in top 3..

Having said that, If I hear Olympic Pays out on this, I will be puttin up my hand to collect as well on the same plays I made..

The right ruling is that Things were dealt with correctly the day of the Race.. But If pay one, Pay All, so Olympic can expect to hear from me should it be made known they've paid this guy.. As will all the Other US Books I hit on this same race and was not paid..

It's pretty simple.. U can be a ****, and try and stick it too the books, and go through this BullShit Arbitration crap with guys that I'm sure don't truly understand the Sport or the Situation, And my guess is to be booted by the book.. Or take it on the Chin, And just continue hammer it to these Books and their Weak lines on these sports that they know nothing about..and remain somewhat Anonymous..

degenerategambler

EOG Enthusiast
Don't the book and the player both have to agree to arbitration? If they both agreed to this, I'm sure they would pay, can you Arbitrary hold an arbitration?

RPM

EOG Veteran
the player agreed to accept the panels ruling. olympic particaped by sending the panel all the pertinent info, but never agreed the ruling to be binding. they did say they would consider the ruling.

you book a bet, you pay the bet. they shouldnt have waited until AFTER the race to cancel the wager.

sweat the game, not the payout remember?

the funny thing about this case, is that the minority of people who dont think oly should pay, probably have posted at one time or another that its not fair to cancel a wager AFTER the event is over...

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
catfish said:
Should he pay the guy ? Presrciption Ruled in favour of Olympic in this Matter Months Ago (I will try find link and post it).. Does this mean Majorwager should Arbitrate and rule now ?? and then the winner of that is declared find another 2 forums and go for best of 5 rulings if loser not happy with Ruling ?? Who has more power in the ruling ? A Forum site run that's been around 5 minutes or one that's been around 5 years ??

So why should Olympic pay if the Customer didn't agree with 1st ruling, why should Olympic agree with this one ? .. lol.. Although Hope does, as I'll be lookin at healthy Collect.. But that's besides the point..

Does this mean All the Other Carib Books should be paying ? As Cris and 5dimes would owe me a chunk of cash on this ruling.. Why are their names not being mentioned in all this commotion..

This Player took a shot, Just as I did.. He missed, Just As I did with the US Books.. The Rules covered by Oly, Cris, and 5dimes are not like the Books of Australia and Europe (whom paid out as per usual in this matter, and also kept $'s of non-runners, which Olympic Did not do.).. Atleast Spiro Paid out on tthe Winner and Places 1st and 2nd in top 3..

Having said that, If I hear Olympic Pays out on this, I will be puttin up my hand to collect as well on the same plays I made..

The right ruling is that Things were dealt with correctly the day of the Race.. But If pay one, Pay All, so Olympic can expect to hear from me should it be made known they've paid this guy.. As will all the Other US Books I hit on this same race and was not paid..

It's pretty simple.. U can be a ****, and try and stick it too the books, and go through this BullShit Arbitration crap with guys that I'm sure don't truly understand the Sport or the Situation, And my guess is to be booted by the book.. Or take it on the Chin, And just continue hammer it to these Books and their Weak lines on these sports that they know nothing about..and remain somewhat Anonymous..
Great post Catfish! I am rooting for you to kick some ass! You seem classy and smart- a nice combination! Good luck!

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted
As degenerategambler posted and I posted at other sites, unless Oly agreed to arbitration all you have is an opinion by two respected posters. NOTHING ELSE

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated
Olympic's reputation takes a hit on this one. They got caught with their pants down and decided to stiif the players plain and simple.

Olympic had a choice, take the Top 8 finishers OTB when it became public knowledge that many cars may not run.

Olympic decided to accept wagers on the cars that were definitely going to run. Why they continued to take bets is on them. Stupidity is no defense to voiding wagers after the race.

They got burned. It happens. If all the cars decided to run, the players would have got burned as these cars were longshots and not expected to finish in the top 8.

Could the players have voided the bets after the race had all the cars run? HELL NO!!! They would have been laughed off the forums.

Cozen

EOG Enthusiast
From what I've heard the BOTTOM LINE is the bets could have lost with an engine problem or wreck and the bets were NOT cancelled before the race.

OLY DROPPED THE BALL HERE AND NEEDS TO PAY UP!

Olympic's reputation takes a hit on this one. They got caught with their pants down and decided to stiif the players plain and simple.

i really dont think they will suffer much......

even though from what i know of the situation (only from what i have seen posted) i think they should pay..

Nimue77

EOG Senior Member
They booked it and they should pay it, it's not like they put up +3 on a football game when it shouldve been -3. If they don't like the result, they should amend their rules to require a minimum amount of drivers to race or something else that would prevent a similar situation. I think the panel did an excellent job (though the 1 who voted against mustve had his head up his ass).

Halifax

EOG Senior Member
Nimue77 said:
I think the panel did an excellent job (though the 1 who voted against mustve had his head up his ass).

This from the guy who, at first, thought it was kosher to publicize all the Mansion scalps on the forums.

I noticed that once they started vanishing in seconds, and you were missing out on the gravy, that you pulled your head out of your ass, and changed your tune pretty quick .... you didn't think it was too fukking kosher to post them on the forums then, did you ?

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
A lot of differing opinions on this. Oly will not be harmed no matter. To good of a sports book and reputation. Good to see the different views. We all need to share our honest feelings without worry of others contrary thoughts. Thanks for the feedback.

In order to call this an "ARBITRATION," BOTH PARTIES must agree to it. Since that NEVER happened, it cannot be called that...

My 2 cents...

THE SHRINK

d2bets

EOG Member
THE SHRINK said:
In order to call this an "ARBITRATION," BOTH PARTIES must agree to it. Since that NEVER happened, it cannot be called that...

My 2 cents...

THE SHRINK

To be clear, both parties did agree to have TOW hear and issue an opinion in this case. Both parties voluntarily cooperated with the panel and submitted detailed written statements directly to the panel stating its position and reasoning, knowing that those statements would be relied upon in issuing a written opinion on the case.

It is also true that the parties did not both formally agree to be bound by the panel's findings, whatever that would mean anyway. Quite frankly even if the parties did "agree" to be "bound" by the ruling, what effect would that really have anyway. It's not as if there is any court to actually legally enforce anything.

Call it what you wish.