ONE-DAY QUALIFIER FOR THE SPORTSOPTIONS SHOWDOWN

<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft SafeHTML"><style>.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P { PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px}.ExternalClass BODY.ecxhmmessage { FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 10pt}</style>
All registered members who have not yet been in the Showdown and are not scheduled to be in the Showdown AND who have a minimum of 100 posts at EOG are invited to participate in a free one-day qualifying tournament to be the next contestant to face Mark Simons in week #9 of the SportsOptions SHOWDOWN.

The one-day qualifier will take place tomorrow, Thursday, March 8.

The SHOWDOWN is a one-on-one, weekly competition pitting Mark Simons of SportsOptions against an EOG contributor in a best of five college hoop selections format. And with $500 on the line for our EOG contestant (courtesy of SO president, Rick Allec) beating Mark Simons takes on added significance!

EOG contributors, please post your one play in this thread on either NBA sides or totals or NCAAB sides or totals. The contestant whose game is the most convincing winner (the largest point differential) will be declared the winner and will represent EOG in the Sports Options SHOWDOWN on Friday, March 9. IMPORTANT: Your play (side or total) will be graded on regulation time only. Overtime results will not count.

Once a play has been posted, no other community member can secure the same play. Contestants can submit their plays after 11 a.m. EST on Thursday, March 8 and right up to game time. All plays will be graded based on the Pinny line at the time the play was submitted.

Good luck to everyone!

:cheers​

Paleface

EOG 500 Champion Dec. 2013
Re: ONE DAY QUALIFIER FOR THE SPORTSOPTIONS SHOWDOWN

Damn it! How about 50 posts to qualify? Either that or I have to post 50 messages in the next 24 hours.

Damn it! How about 50 posts to qualify? Either that or I have to post 50 messages in the next 24 hours.

100 posts is the minimum--great to give everyone a shot but can't overlook our regular contributors who are most deserving and should always come first where contests are involved!

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

If you already been on can you still take a shot at this?

If you already been on can you still take a shot at this?

Good question DJD. Sorry it wasn't covered in the rules. No, past or future SHOWDOWN contestants are ineligible for the Qualifier.

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

Make sense I assumed that was case.

Nipsyhustle

EOG Enthusiast

Starting?

pvcpipe

EOG Master

100 post minimum nipsy. get cracking

I'll just watch, just wondered when y'all will start posting. I've seen these bring out a good effort for a best play from alot of you fellas!

Check this thread out tomorrow after 11 a.m. EST Nipsyhustle. Early birds do get the worm in the qualifier!

:cheers

11:28 am euro standard time for me right now. Beautiful morning here in England (im on vacation).

Ill take unlv/wyoming over 127.5

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated
Re: ONE-DAY QUALIFIER FOR THE SPORTSOPTIONS SHOWDOWN

Another chance to rise.
Fighting a ticket tmrw morning so will have to put in a play on some obscure game......

.......Tmrw !

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

Reading compreshension not a strong point of EOG posters.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Should have just given it to Marks Moneymakers, there is 67843367865 games today and it's a 1 play shootout :shoot:

This contest will officially open in 58 minutes. Contestants will be responsible for making sure their play hasn't already been posted by another contestant.

:pop:

tripp

EOG Master

the person that wins this contest is gonna have an over. Easier to win a total "over" by 30 points than it is to have a side or under win that convincingly. No surprise square TTP goes with a play that at most will win by 10-15 pts :pop:

J

joeybagadonuts

o132 Stanford/Cal

My wife uses my account sometimes so she is a contributor....she will take ucla -3

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated

Brick I am sure u r going to hear about one post per household.

J

joeybagadonuts

Utah st o129 since i mistakenly duplicated LCD's play