One-on-One with "1" (Free shot at $500)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
International sportsman "1" returns to Eye On Gaming with an NFL handicapping contest open to all community members.

For a third straight year, "1" has entered the Westgate SuperContest and issued a challenge to EOG contributors.

Seventeen EOG members will compete in weekly head-to-head showdowns with "1."

ComptrBob will serve as our Week 1 contestant to face "1."

Our Week 2 contestant will be the EOG contributor who posts the best Week 1 record from five selections against SuperContest pointspreads.

In case of a tie in our weekly qualifiers, the contestant whose five selections win by the widest margin (point differential) will be declared the winner.

If the qualifying round remains tied, the earliest entry will be declared the winner.

There will be three payout tiers:

1) Post a winning record superior to the record posted by "1" and win $500.

2) Post a perfect 5-0 record and win $1,000, regardless of the performance by "1."

3) If a contestant wins $1,000 from EOG, the contestant qualifies the following week to win $10,000 by posting another perfect 5-0 mark.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
[TABLE="class: table table-bordered, width: 0"]

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2018

1 FALCONS

5:20 PM

2 EAGLES*

PK

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2018

3 STEELERS

10:00 AM

4 BROWNS*

+3.5

5 VIKINGS*

6 49ERS

+6.5

7 COLTS*

8 BENGALS

+3

9 RAVENS*

10 BILLS

+7.5

11 JAGUARS

12 GIANTS*

+3

13 SAINTS*

14 BUCCANEERS

+9.5

15 PATRIOTS*

16 TEXANS

+6.5

17 TITANS

18 DOLPHINS*

+1.5

19 CHARGERS*

1:05 PM

20 CHIEFS

+3.5

21 BRONCOS*

1:25 PM

22 SEAHAWKS

+3

23 PANTHERS*

24 COWBOYS

+3

25 CARDINALS*

26 REDSKINS

+1

27 PACKERS*

5:20 PM

28 BEARS

+7.5

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2018

29 LIONS*

4:10 PM

30 JETS

+6.5

31 RAMS

7:20 PM

32 RAIDERS*

+4

[/TABLE]

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Our weekly deadline -- every Saturday morning at 11:00 PT -- mirrors the entry deadline of the Westgate SuperContest.

No exceptions.

Heim

EOG Master
Why do I keep having these visions that '1' is Dink.....but would Dink put ComptrBob on double secret probation?

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate
NFL Week 1

#9- Ravens -7.5
#13- Saints -9.5
#18- Dolphins +1.5
#23- Panthers -3
#25- Cardinals -1

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Heim;n7453849 said:
Why do I keep having these visions that '1' is Dink.....but would Dink put ComptrBob on double secret probation?

Not Dink.

But Mike Corrigan just told me a funny story about Dink.

Mike was meeting a group of well-heeled gamblers at Piero's last month and while chatting with the owner of the restaurant, Mike was looking around the restaurant waiting for Dink to arrive.

Dink was the final member of the dinner party to be seated at the table.

And in typical Dink fashion, he strolled into the five-star restaurant wearing a t-shirt and jeans staring at his smartphone with his wild wind-blown hair pointing in every direction.

The owner of the restaurant said to Mike, "Hold on one second, let me get rid of this guy."

To which Mike responded, "Please don't, that's Dink, he's the final member of our dinner party."

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Hello Sports Fans, thanks to EOG and JK for the invitation to compete in Week 1.

Last year I was fortunate enough to win Week 1 and Week 17 (with "1"'s very generous challenge to all those who participated in the first 4 weeks), I qualified for Week 10, but with a subpar 2-3, I lost to "1"'s 3-2, so "1" may be looking for some revenge. :)

Overall, last year I went 47-31-7 in my Westgate picks posted here at EOG. This year I would love to do that well .. LOL. I hope all NFL fans here will take this free shot at the contest.

I'll be tracking results here unofficially. JK will be using the abacus that he used at Northwestern to count the final results. ;)

Deadline to enter picks that include the Thursday night game (Falcons at Eagles) is at 5:20pm PT, tonight, 9/6/18. I will be making my picks early Sat AM.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
ComptrBob;n7453910 said:
Hello Sports Fans, thanks to EOG and JK for the invitation to compete in Week 1.

Last year I was fortunate enough to win Week 1 and Week 17 (with "1"'s very generous challenge to all those who participated in the first 4 weeks), I qualified for Week 10, but with a subpar 2-3, I lost to "1"'s 3-2, so "1" may be looking for some revenge. :)

Overall, last year I went 47-31-7 in my Westgate picks posted here at EOG. This year I would love to do that well .. LOL. I hope all NFL fans here will take this free shot at the contest.

I'll be tracking results here unofficially. JK will be using the abacus that he used at Northwestern to count the final results. ;)

Deadline to enter picks that include the Thursday night game (Falcons at Eagles) is at 5:20pm PT, tonight, 9/6/18. I will be making my picks early Sat AM.

An abacus?

I resemble that remark.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Heim;n7453849 said:

I wouldn't think Dink has Benjamins to toss around in minor contests.