One Strong Football Play For Tonight...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
I thought you said a strong play. Did you get +3 -.25? What juice did you lay? I am not feeling you here The Shrink. Any reason you think this might be strong?

Best Wishes...OF:+waving-5

OF,

There is 3 minus 15 now at Cris & Olympic...

There is plus 3 minus 16 now at Pinny...:+clueless

Sorry for not making that clearer..

oh, almost forgot...

The Falcons will play their starters at least a half and open up the playbook a little, pausing here and there on the pages designed for the versatile tight end, Alge Crumpler....

"We would like to get Alge involved, but we still want to get some throws out to the wideouts and then you want some runs," coach Jim Mora said about the exhibition strategy.

He did not play in the opener against Indianapolis in Tokyo because of a sore knee. He spent the few series he did play in the next two games blocking or running routes as a second or third option. The few times his number was called, there were penalties levied or he had to stay in and pass protect because of an unexpected blitz.

Also, I think I have a pretty good read on Michael Vick, who played here in Virginia. He LOVES the limelight and tonight he's the only show on TV...

I am also hearing they are focused and motived so why not plus 3?

THE SHRINK

panther

EOG Dedicated
shrink

shrink

hard for me to beleive that they will play vick a 1/2 in the rain on a grass feild

if the feild gets bad got to give the edge to the home team

good luck

panther

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Falcons scoring impaired, Vick played almost 1H last week, 1 TD, others a 101 kick return and 72 yard run. Vick has looked off in limited minutes. Nice runs were only reason he has a score. Jags have given 3 fg's in 2 first halves. Very stout defense. At home with hurricane approaching. Very good chance of wet field. I would prefer the lay here. I will try un 38.

Not sure how accurate but Feist says

THURSDAY'S GAME 8/25/05

Atlanta Falcons -
QB Rotation: Michael Vick (1st Q), Ty Detmer, Matt Schaub.
Note: Rosters must be trimmed to 65 by next Tuesday (August 30th) afternoon.

Most Falcons veterans will be used sparingly in the preseason, coach Jim Mora said. Vick took just 27 snaps all last preseason and just three in the 2004 exhibition opener. Mora indicated he'd probably follow last season's strategy of limiting Vick.

After three preseason games of experimenting with upstarts in the return game, Falcons Pro Bowl returner Allen Rossum is scheduled to get a heavy dose of action tonight. Rossum will return punts, where he earned a Pro Bowl berth last season and he will return kickoffs.

Defensively, the Falcons were easy pickings through the air and on third down last week. Five defensive starters were out, which was a factor. But 31 first downs allowed the Titans to dominate the time of possession ? 43 minutes to 17.

Offensively, the passing game ? including protection (three sacks allowed) ? remains an area of concern. Though coach Jim Mora said he expects flanker WR Peerless Price to be ready to play Thursday at Jacksonville (bruised ribs and a concussion), it could be too early to know if he'll be healthy enough to suit up.

An emphasis on protection for QB Vick: The coaches have tweaked the offensive line schemes a bit after surrendering 50 sacks last season, but it still needs work.

The Falcons have shown no signs of learning from their penalty woes, racking up 10 against the Titans to give them 30 penalties in three games for a total of 220 yards.

Jacksonville Jaguars - QB Rotation: Byron Leftwich (first half), David Garrard (3rd Q), Quinn Gray (4th Q), Nate Hybl.

With the exception of RB Fred Taylor, the other first-teamers figure to play at least the entire first half. "We'll see a lot more of the first units Thursday and look longer at both groups offense and defense," said Coach Jack Del Rio.

RB Fred Taylor is expected to make his first start of the preseason here. David Richardson, out with a knee injury since the first preseason scrimmage, worked out and may play. Also due to see more action are LB Jorge Cordova and OL Mike Pearson, both still coming back after major injuries last year.

Leftwich said he isn't concerned about the offense's slow start in the first two preseason games, and suggested that offensive coordinator Carl Smith is holding plenty back for the Sept. 11 opener against Seattle. "You haven't seen everything," Leftwich said. "You just can't."

The Jaguars also may have discovered a budding star in sixth round draft choice Chad Owens. Owens started as the third receiver ahead of veteran Troy Edwards and first round pick Matt Jones.Jones, relegated mostly to second-half duty with the reserves the past two games, has been practicing with the first-team offense as the No.3 receiver this week and is expected to do the same against the Falcons.

Secondary thin: CB David Richardson (ankle) missed last week's game. Rookie Scott Starks has been starting along with second-year pro Chris Thompson. Veteran free agent CB Kenny Wright has also been seeing time. "We're going to continue to shuffle those guys through and make it competitive," Del Rio said. "We just want to get a good, thorough evaluation before we make any decisions."

Carl Smith is the new offensive coordinator. He is a proponent of play action, something you will see a lot with his QBs in preseason. Smith said, "We're going to use the whole field this season."

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Great call The SHRINK, but if you had a sack you would have money line like Clip. Either way we all cashed.

Cigar, 1 glass of wine, jacuzzi and a rubdown.

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
Good call Shrink.

I'm guessing that you will like 3 games around 5:20pm tomorrow to give us? Anyway you could post the 3 you like before 4:50pm (est)?

Looking forward Shrinky

Thank you OF and Raiders...

You know I don't use that STRONG word too often...

It's a long season and I look forward to participating more than ever to show I do well at more than just ODU games baby!!!

Hope some others cashed in...:trio :trio :trio

THE SHRINK

P.S.

Scarlett and I need to stop sharing the same computer in our bedroom, lol

Hope some others cashed in...
I was on the wrong side. I played it early, as soon as Feists info came out. He had bad info. I just sat on it when news came out that Atl was going to play starters as long as Jax.:doh1

Don't you know Scarlett is a HUGE FALCONS fan, so I had a great night last night...:+signs9-1

You guys are VERY VERY welcome and I have ONE coming later today....

Going for 3 in a row baby!!! :+excited-

THE SHRUINK

gobucks

EOG Addicted
Hitman-

I think I know what you are getting at, but wherever the plays come from as long as they are winners why ask why! Even Phil STEAL hits 2 in a row sometimes:D