Only Good Acts of Humanity During Riots Posted Here

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
There is a great video of a 31 year old black man arguing with a 45 year old black man in a white tank top who is also yelling at a 16 year old black kid. It is the message that the 31 year old is stating that is important. That rioting isn't the way.

I will dig on twitter for it. If someone else has it please post it.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
The fact is, there have been hundreds of instances where things like this have happened, but it doesn't sell, no one wants to hear about the good stories, it doesn't get ratings, the news has to show the fires and bashing of windows and all the looting because that's what drives up their ratings, and when I say the news, I mean all of them. CNN, MSNBC, and Fox would all rather show the violence and destruction as opposed to a feel good story about a group of black men surrounding a white officer to protect him, Guesser has done a great job pointing out a lot of these feel good type stories, unfortunately they don't get the high ratings that the fires and looting do. People don't watch races to see the cars drive around in a circle, they watch for the crashes and the cars that flip over and catch fire. This was a really good idea for a thread, Kudos to you.

1000% correct. Fear sells. In the last three months over 6,000,000 guns have been sold and of those purchases have from from 40% first time buyers.

Race baiters Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson love these times. This is when they profit. They are considered leaders in the black community.

Yet you NEVER hear them doing anything but talk. They don't care about young black men in gangs getting killed in Chicago or Los Angeles. There is no money for them in this area. They sit back and wait for a white cop vs black man conflict to line their pockets.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
BigRunner. You are okay in my eyes. Believe in what you believe and keep providing great facts to back up your points.

I have a feeling you were on the debate team in HS and possibly college.

Am I correct in this assumption?

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
More about Americas Cop, Chris Swanson:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...n-genesee-county-sheriff-protests/5308685002/

Meet Chris Swanson, the Genesee County sheriff who joined Floyd protest in Flint
Georgea Kovanis, Detroit Free PressPublished 1:44 p.m. ET June 4, 2020 | Updated 6:12 p.m. ET June 5, 2020

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

Genesee County Sheriff Chris Swanson shakes the hand of Darrell Campbell of Flint in a parking lot in Flint Township after Swanson walked in solidarity with protestors that met him with frustration at the Flint Township Police Headquarters in Flint Township as they protested against police brutality and in memory of George Floyd on Saturday, May 30, 2020. (Photo: Ryan Garza, Detroit Free Press)

Chris Swanson, the sheriff in Genesee County, made national headlines for throwing down his riot gear last week and joining people protesting police brutality in the death of George Floyd, a black man killed by a white Minneapolis cop who pinned him down by the neck during an arrest.
The Flint Township protest took place on May 30, which Swanson said is the day "this office changed the way we do policing and George Floyd changed American policing because of what he sacrificed."
He said he is organizing meetings with members of the Black Lives Matter movement and with pastors throughout the community. "We're not going to just be an office of words, we're going to be an office of action."
So who is Swanson, besides a 27-year veteran of the Genesee County Sheriff's Office?
Here's what we know:
He's 47 and married with two sons.
He lives in Fenton.
He's a 1990 graduate of Grand Blanc High School.
Recipient of an advanced degree. Along with a bachelor's degree in applied science from University of Michigan-Flint, Swanson has a master's degree in public administration from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. He also lectures at U-M-Flint.
He comes from a family of police officers. His dad and his granddad were both Detroit cops.
Sometimes, he speaks of himself in the third person. As in, 'It's not about Chris Swanson, it's about those voices being heard."
He's up for election. Swanson, the long-time under sheriff, has been the interim sheriff for the Genesee County department since the beginning of the year, when former Sheriff Robert Pickell retired. He's on the ballot for the August primary. He's expected to make it to the general election in November.
He has critics. Some people in the community believe his decision to join the Flint Township protest was a calculated political move. But ultimately, they've been unable to prove that. Said Swanson: “This ain’t about politics, it’s about healing a city. ... I can't tell you what prompted me to (join the walk), other than I knew it was the right thing to do."
What marching with the protesters did. "It created a battle cry for the Flint residents and the protesters that we can show other communities that we can protest without violence," Swanson said. To law enforcement officers around the country, it's showed "it's OK to be vulnerable and it's OK to talk and it's OK to have these conversations. .... I'm hoping people lay down their swords ... and the police are the ones that start the conversations ... and they say, 'We're done fighting, what do we need to do?' Our nation needs healing more than ever before."

Genesee County Sheriff Chris Swanson high fives a woman who called his name as he marches with protestors of police brutality and in memory of George Floyd on Saturday, May 30, 2020 in Flint Township. (Photo: Ryan Garza, Detroit Free Press)

What protesters told him. "I wish I could have documented the conversations I had. ... I worked the crowd, that's the best way to describe it. I thanked everybody. ... I had people coming up to me in tears. They were scared as much as the police were. ... There was so much tension and they just felt relieved. I had people coming up to me saying ... 'This is what we wanted. We didn't want violence.' "
What more law enforcement needs to do. "Executive police leadership has to lead, come out from behind our desks, our conference tables, our intel centers and hit the streets. Be with the people to serve them."
Aspirations of higher office? "I'm a student of leadership. I love the fact that I have opportunities to thrive as a leader and to resonate with people. I will walk whatever walk it takes to influence as many possible people as I can for the right reasons. Wherever that leads me. At this point, I have been called to be the sheriff of Genesee County. It's what I've asked and hoped for since I was 18 years old. I've been given a platform. Until another comes or my time is over, I'll serve with honor and continue to grow."
He said his relationship with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is OK, even though he said he wasn't going to enforce stay-at-home orders by writing tickets. In an interview on the Charlie LeDuff podcast, "No BS Newshour," Swanson said he didn't expect his department to issue tickets in an effort to enforce Whitmer's stay-at-home orders. He said: "We have not raided a business, we have not shut a business down. We are not pulling people over, we are not writing tickets, and don't expect us to do it."
In a subsequent Facebook Live video, Swanson appeared to be doing a bit of damage control. “Make no mistake," he said. "I applaud the governor and the governor's office for the executive orders that they've done in order to protect the health and safety of this community and across the state."

He added: “I've answered the question, 'Sheriff, what are you doing about people? Are you going to arrest them? Are you going to raid their place?' No. We're going to continue doing what we do: put public safety, health and wellness at the top priority.”
He urged residents of Genesee County to comply voluntarily with the governor's orders. "Be cautious not to put other people's health at risk. ... If you put other people's public safety at risk, that's no different than victimizing them in a crime."
As for his relationship with the governor? "I'm not even worried about that," he said. "I talked to the governor yesterday."
He is a four time Ironman Triathlon finisher.
He's written books. Used copies of "Tinman to Ironman: 26.2 Proven Ways to Crush Your Failures and Transform Your Life Today!" are available on amazon.com. It appears to have been self-published.
Here's what the amazon.com blurb says: "Author Chris Swanson knows what it means to be both a Tinman and an Ironman. Growing up he struggled in sports, school and as an individual. From his teens to his early twenties, he lived the shallow life of a Tinman.
"Chris will show you how to make this transformation for yourself, step by step. Stop beating yourself up, feeling depressed and unfulfilled."
He is a motivational speaker: Clients listed on his website include: Quicken Loans, Edward Jones, Rockwell Automation and Crime Stoppers International. He's also spoken at a number of churches. "I just love helping; I love breathing life into people," Swanson said. "My gift is the gift of speaking. I can speak encouragement. I can speak inspiration."
He also does mission work. His mission trips include: Haiti, Grenada, the Dominican Republic. His sons have gone with him.
Final words: "You can't have heavy-handed racist police officers in your agency," he said. "Law enforcement has to be held accountable. We have to call out what's wrong. We have to make sure we don't try to give the public a reason to doubt us. We should be the most transparent field on the planet because of who we are. ... People need to have faith in us. There are great cops serving right now, don't give up on your police."

Contact Georgea Kovanis: gkovanis@freepress.com

Last edited:

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
We got the Electric Slide, and the Macarena from some protesters. We need to see a crowd step up their game and do the Hokey Pokey.
Given what the protesters are representing you would expect to see more cardboard on the ground with some break dancing.

Then again seeing how white the protesters are you would expect to see more square dancing and country music.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Yep. Nothing but fake news. No violence, looting or property destruction at all. Move along and sing koombaya.

You claim to be "woke" but wake the fuck up!
I'm posting good, uniting things in here per the OP request. If you want to debate something with me, take it elsewhere please, at least honor OP request. .