Opening night in CBB

Valuist

EOG Master
I have to play Wisky/St Marys Under 129. Even knowing nothing about the current editions, we know Wisky will play slow or very slow, every year. St Marys can sometimes quicken against a fast opponent, but they tend to be tempo recessive so I expect the Badgers to control the tempo. Game to be played in the Pentagon in Sioux Falls. Seeing pics online, it looks like a high school gym:

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...hUKEwjO_uWpotLlAhUOEawKHbB-CH4QoiowFXoECA4QBg

Heim

EOG Master
Georgia Tech lost to a very average Bama by 28 in a scrimmage. But bet all day today on road v. a experienced NCST.

Great angle, I would just be cautious that this Wisconsin team will vary greatly from past versions. For the last 4 years they have run their offense through Happ in the post and he has graduated. Not a lot of depth and they may play small this year. They really pushed the ball during their scrimmage on Friday. Would look at St Mary's 2nd half if their one big man Reauvers has foul trouble. ,

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hard to believe, Ethan Happ started every game of his four-year career at Wisconsin.

A total of 133 games and 133 starts.

A testament to his dedication in the weight room, his clean living off the court and some good fortune along the way.

After going undrafted in the 2019 NBA Draft, Happ is playing in Italy right now.

I predict he will one day serve as the head coach of the Wisconsin Badgers.

It's a prediction and it's also my career advice for Ethan.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Heading to watch IPFW-UNLV later tonight.

Las Vegas says hello to new head coach T.J. Otzelberger.

He can be no worse than Marvin Menzies.

I'll file a full report after the game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Going to be weird not seeing Happ on the court for Wisky.

Indeed.

I liked him as a college player.

He was crafty around the rim.

And he "max'd out" his talent level.

Too bad he never developed a face-up game.

He couldn't hit a jump shot from 8-feet, let alone 18-feet.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Happ? seriously that dog of a free thower 46% last year! he was useless last 3 minutes of a game. often had to be taken out. im so pumped hes gone Badgers will be much more fun and better this year.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I have to play Wisky/St Marys Under 129. Even knowing nothing about the current editions, we know Wisky will play slow or very slow, every year. St Marys can sometimes quicken against a fast opponent, but they tend to be tempo recessive so I expect the Badgers to control the tempo. Game to be played in the Pentagon in Sioux Falls. Seeing pics online, it looks like a high school gym:

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x878ecaab57890dd7:0x8723732327312e6c!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipP4Y9l58WKo8TAfvxV-MKQtfTywXdmJXCgwXG-G=w213-h160-k-no!5spentagon sioux falls - Google Search!15sCAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipP4Y9l58WKo8TAfvxV-MKQtfTywXdmJXCgwXG-G&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjO_uWpotLlAhUOEawKHbB-CH4QoiowFXoECA4QBg

Survived overtime.

Nicely done.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I watched both games tonight at Madison Square Garden...was impressed with all four teams....Kansas gave the game away and Kentucky beat a great Michigan State team....Duke played hard but will have trouble scoring against the top ranked teams....Maxy is a good player....

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Calipari appears to be all business in regards to defense. More so than any, if you're not defending youre grabbing some bench.

So many TOs by Kansas. I'm buying the hype with Lousiville.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Total 140.5 between Cincinnati and Ohio State tonight because we arent going to get the typical Cincy of the past. Cumberland and the crew will push the pace.

Heim

EOG Master
lol at USC play by play guy last night commenting 'only the bettors are listening right now' with USC up 29 with
less than a minute, number closing '27'.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Total 140.5 between Cincinnati and Ohio State tonight because we arent going to get the typical Cincy of the past. Cumberland and the crew will push the pace.

yeah i was looking at playing over earlier but already went up some. interesting game for sure. don't think the new coach will press but sounds like definitely pressure in spots so they lose some shot clock before setting up.
Ohio State won't allow pace to get nuts though they need to feed Wesson. they did lose one of their best defensive players Musa Jallow , he's out for a while i saw. i don't know anything about Cumberland's cousin who is now on the team, but Jarron is a fucking beast.

Heim

EOG Master
NEB Hoiberg signs a 25 million dollar deal & gets crushed by UC Riverside at home....

If Tim Miles couldn't turn that program around nobody can.

Sleepy

EOG Master

One of the things I struggle with is when a coach says he is going to play fast and what is fast to him might only be medium for me.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I'm going to watch the game. Expecting big things from Ohio State though. My 1st half under in Wake/BC got burnt by a last second 3 before half. Let the fun begin.

Valuist

EOG Master
One of the things I struggle with is when a coach says he is going to play fast and what is fast to him might only be medium for me.

They love to say it in offseason, but then the season starts and it rarely materializes.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Replying to
@GoBearcatsMBB
Flat out embarrassing I never thought the offense could get worse with a coaching change boy was I wrong. We ran the same shitty motion ball screen offense for 40 minutes. Not one singe set to get our best player easy looks. This dude was supposed to be an offensive wizard. Smdh

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Boeheim goes off and says playing conference games this early is stupid. Like that was the reason his team shot 13 for 54 for 40 minutes....

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran

yep. It’s always a risk betting on what a coach plans to do, but sometimes it leads to opportunities and easy $.