Oregon Plus + 3 -1.10 over Auburn...

JohnNetto

EOG Senior Member
Pinny already has a number up on the game. My prediction is it goes off pick'em and we will only see +3 for a few days...We'll see...Last week the Wynn had this as Oregon -4.5...Oregon went on the road and won. Auburn looked great as well and both teams are very explosive offensively...total is 74.5 which is too high to play...

Teddy kgb

Banned
Re: Oregon Plus + 3 -1.10 over Auburn...

Hey Bro....What's up Bro? Bro!!! No Bro No!!!!!

Hey Brother it's me the Hulkster.....Can you dig it Bro???

rainbow

EOG Master

I have a lot of respect for Irish Tim, don't know nothing about John Netto, but I couldn't bet Oregon +3 and lay -110 with COUNTERFEIT MONEY with a 74.5 total, if you both agree on Oregon the play is to bet the ML, thats a NO BRAINER...... if you bet +3 in this game and lay -110 neither one of you know where VALUE is....... I'm not trying to pick an ARGUEMENT with either one of you, but with a total of 74.5 with a 3pt spread its a NO BRAINER to bet the ML........

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Rainbow, both Netto and I are well aware of the impact a total has on the value of points. I posted on another forum that I bet Oregon moneyline as well as on the moneyline. But as always, it relates to the price you get. If your option is ML +105 or +3 (-110), obviously the plus 3 is better.

rainbow

EOG Master

Rainbow, both Netto and I are well aware of the impact a total has on the value of points. I posted on another forum that I bet Oregon moneyline as well as on the moneyline. But as always, it relates to the price you get. If your option is ML +105 or +3 (-110), obviously the plus 3 is better.
If he really knew that why would he post taking +3 -110 without mentioning nothing about a ML with a 74.5 total... I don't talk RESULTS...

JohnNetto

EOG Senior Member

If he really knew that why would he post taking +3 -110 without mentioning nothing about a ML with a 74.5 total... I don't talk RESULTS...
Thank you for your point Rainbow and I'm in no position to argue with anyone for taking the moneyline in this spot instead of the plus 3 -110. I'm running around NYC all week so will come back next week once I get settled and go over my analysis and thought process. As always, thanks for the feedback from everyone...

msftkid

EOG Addicted

I am amazed any store puts up lines more than a month away from the game!! Marketing has a price and intense offshore competition also has a price. The cost can be large liabilities do to large line movement caused by player health legal problems or personal problems not to mention the mobility of coaching staffs. Glad I dont have to face this kind of industry competition.

Yes. The line is going up in Vegas. Several places have it at -3.5 now. If it goes much higher, it may be time to make a move, if you are an Oregon fan.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

I only see one on the SO screen (CalNeva). I see more -3 (-05s) than -3 (-115s).

The Golden Nugget and the "M" have the line at -3.5 -110. The Wynn and the Stratosphere have it at -2.5 -110. Anyone want to middle 3 here?

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

JYD, I wouldn't go for the middle with both sides at -110 for the reason Rainbow said. Very depressed value of the NCAAF 3 here. HT, I fear you may be right and I should've waited. We'll see where it closes.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

i don't know, so i ask: who has played against
tougher/higher ranked competition?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

The SEC has won an unprecedented four consecutive BCS Championship Games.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

JYD, I wouldn't go for the middle with both sides at -110 for the reason Rainbow said. Very depressed value of the NCAAF 3 here. HT, I fear you may be right and I should've waited. We'll see where it closes.

I would, for the reason Rainbow said. It's because the total is not high, it's extremely high.

railbird

EOG Master

This one will be the 1st one with merit, if they win. Where they were not gifted into the final, and/or not playing a team that was hand picked.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

I would, for the reason Rainbow said. It's because the total is not high, it's extremely high.

Figure we have to play the under at some point too, no? Where do you see it closing?

railbird

EOG Master

I am not seeing a ML better than +130 on Oregon. Both are great bets, the +3.5 is almost not losable and imo a better bet.

railbird

EOG Master

Would love an Auburn team toal UNDER 39 play. that is laughable.

Horseshoe

EOG Senior Member

Also JK, The SEC has won and covered in all 6 BCSCGs it's played in during the BCS era, in rather convincing fashion, Tenn'98, LSU'03, Fla'06, LSU'07, Fla'08, Bama'09.

And before that going back another twenty years, of SEC teams playing ofr it all, Fla revenge game rout of FSU '96, '95 Dr Tom's GOAT 1995 Huskers avalanche Billy Walters' 'post-time sendout play +2.5' of defensively suspect Fla, dog Bama outrights Miami in '92 Teague-turning avalanche, UGA over Clemson in 1980, Bama Ogilvies PSU in '79 Sugar.

Horseshoe

EOG Senior Member

Rail, Oregon may well have finished 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in the SEC West this year, depending on how the home-and-away schedule fell.

Tied with lousy Tenn at Half in Knoxville, all the missed opportunities by ASU in Tempe, Stanford knifing them at Half in Eugene before their pitiful DB play melted down in 2nd Half, weak USC team leading in 2nd Half before the 24 unanswered, tough one in Berkeley before closing them out by running out the the final 5 minutes at goal, trailing Zona in Eugene at Half, pesky margin in Corvallis before finishing them.

Make no mistake, Oregon would probably be no worse than a one or two loss SEC team, even in the stacked SEC West this year. And yes, Auburn trailed in 8 of 13 games at some point, but they are improving defensively of late. Strength vs Strength..looking forward to this game.

rainbow

EOG Master

Figure we have to play the under at some point too, no? Where do you see it closing?
Tim, the public will bet the over in this game, its early but right now they are betting Auburn at a 4-1 ratio and the over at 3-1 ratio... noway this total can possibly go lower than 73.

rainbow

EOG Master

Rail, Oregon may well have finished 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in the SEC West this year, depending on how the home-and-away schedule fell.

Tied with lousy Tenn at Half in Knoxville, all the missed opportunities by ASU in Tempe, Stanford knifing them at Half in Eugene before their pitiful DB play melted down in 2nd Half, weak USC team leading in 2nd Half before the 24 unanswered, tough one in Berkeley before closing them out by running out the the final 5 minutes at goal, trailing Zona in Eugene at Half, pesky margin in Corvallis before finishing them.

Make no mistake, Oregon would probably be no worse than a one or two loss SEC team, even in the stacked SEC West this year. And yes, Auburn trailed in 8 of 13 games at some point, but they are improving defensively of late. Strength vs Strength..looking forward to this game.

Whats up Horseshoe? how you been? nice seeing you around...

railbird

EOG Master

Auburn would have 2-4 losses with Oregons schedule. Stanford is the best team in the country. Take away Cam Newton from Auburn they would be underdog to Oregon State. ASU is better than Auburn in 18 out of 22 posistions. Oregon had a much tougher schedule. Nice to see you around Horseshoe.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Early indications show money coming in on the OREGON side...........

Personally, not sure where this line goes.

Translation, good line, at least at the present time.

Please note, both teams have an equal chance of players becoming suspended for this game............so no value with that thinking.

rainbow

EOG Master

Early indications show money coming in on the OREGON side...........

Personally, not sure where this line goes.

Translation, good line, at least at the present time.

Please note, both teams have an equal chance of players becoming suspended for this game............so no value with that thinking.
4-1 ratio on Auburn with us.......

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Tim, the public will bet the over in this game, its early but right now they are betting Auburn at a 4-1 ratio and the over at 3-1 ratio... noway this total can possibly go lower than 73.

Going out on a limb and say the wise guys bet the total under...but if I am wrong then the books will have a problem on their hand with both the public and wise guys on the over...