Oregon Plus + 3 -1.10 over Auburn...

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Re: Oregon Plus + 3 -1.10 over Auburn...

They defintely did that, even with Ohio St only scoring 3pts in the 2nd half too........

Let's see the media start ripping the SEC now.....they are a mere 3-4 now in the bowls, only slightly better than the Big Ten's 3-5 record.

However, listening to the national media, you would think the Big Ten is 0-8 in the bowls.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Let's see the media start ripping the SEC now.....they are a mere 3-4 now in the bowls, only slightly better than the Big Ten's 3-5 record.

However, listening to the national media, you would think the Big Ten is 0-8 in the bowls.

These bowl games for the most part are just glorified exhibition games usually played in a warm weather town....records mean squat...

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

These bowl games for the most part are just glorified exhibition games usually played in a warm weather town....records mean squat...

Disagree, although I will admit the TITLE game is 10x more important than any other bowl game, and the SEC has dominated that recently and the trend could continue next week.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Look at the game in Dallas that used to be the Cotton Bowl...half the stadium empty.....

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

The COTTON BOWL not being a BCS bowl is a travesty.............

High Times

EOG Master

Disagree, although I will admit the TITLE game is 10x more important than any other bowl game, and the SEC has dominated that recently and the trend could continue next week.

The title game is shit too.

We just saw Ohio State, TCU, Stanford, Oklahoma, Alabama and a couple others who would like to "Do it on the field"

That is to win the Championship the right way. ON THE FIELD!

Every year we end up NOT knowing who was the best college football team because of these WORTHLESS Bowl games.

I fucking hate them!

BigDaddy

EOG Master

Ohio st could beat any of those teams.

playoff system would really be fucking great for college football.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

The only one with a legitimate gripe is TCU. The others all lost their playoff games.

High Times

EOG Master

The only one with a legitimate gripe is TCU. The others all lost their playoff games.

The only fucking reason Oregon is in the final game is because their game "this year" against Stanford was at home.

How the fuck is that fair?

You would have to be a total idiot to think "it's obvious Oregon is better then Stanford"

Fuck that shit. That is another reason there should be a playoff so those 2 teams (they might be the best 2) could play again where neither team is playing at home.

If that game between Stanford and Oregon was at Stanford. well Stanford would be thought of as the great team.

And you are a bettor just like a lot of posters. You know damn well you can't just decide who is better.

THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE, but the NCAA gets away with it.

Fuck them and FUCK college football until they get back to reality and stop being so damn ignorant.

I think they should be forced to start playoffs next year

and you know what?

They should NOT play the games where these Bowl games are being played. Make them pay for being so fucking greedy that they ruin college football EVERY FUCKING year because of their "money making" exhibition games!

Why would anyone go for a NO PLAYOFF sport? We chose who gets to play for the Championship crap.

Heim

EOG Master

Netto is right about the unfamiliarity aspect of this game. If you haven't seen something
before it's very hard to defend not unlike the teams that have to defend the Princeton
offense in CBB.

High Times

EOG Master

Force both teams to pass the football.

Take away the run by any means possible and make both QB's be QB's!

That's the only way to play defense against these "Flag Football" teams. Make them earn every yard and fucking hit the QB HARD every down.

This game could have a lot more defense then we all might think it will.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I love it when I beat the "right people".....my take is that the right people are on both sides of this game...JMHO

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Squares have egos too....I just believe that since the number has moved in both directions since the lines have come out, that certain players are using it to their advantage...there is no right side and wrong side to this game....

I chuckle when I hear players say that they had the right side after lighting up a cigar....

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

If a game opens -7/+7 and gets steadily bet down and closes -3.5/+3.5, you don't think +7 is the right side (whether it wins or loses)?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

If a game opens -7/+7 and gets steadily bet down and closes -3.5/+3.5, you don't think +7 is the right side (whether it wins or loses)?

Bad example....hardly ever see something like that without injuries or weather....

I am saying that the right side is the ticket that you cash....I have been on those right sides that lose many times....

And if the game falls 4-7, then there are two right sides...

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Bad example....hardly ever see something like that without injuries or weather....

I am saying that the right side is the ticket that you cash....I have been on those right sides that lose many times....

And if the game falls 4-7, then there are two right sides...

Disagree completely..............

High Times

EOG Master

Squares have egos too....I just believe that since the number has moved in both directions since the lines have come out, that certain players are using it to their advantage...there is no right side and wrong side to this game....

I chuckle when I hear players say that they had the right side after lighting up a cigar....

For some reason

Irish Tim and Fishhead can't seem to understand what you are trying to tell them.

Do they really believe that every time they win it's because they were on the right side of the move. What do they think when they lose these same bets?

Plus many lines in big games move BOTH ways.

And they will SOMEHOW tell you "If they won" that they AGAIN were with the move.

Even when it moved BOTH FUCKING WAYS.

How much more pointless can they be?

seriously guys

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

You're a smart guy, High Times, how can YOU not get what they're saying?

Consistently beat the closers over a very large number of plays and you'll eliminate the house edge and thus give you the edge. Just like with the books, if you've got the edge, you'll win in the long run. The trick is to make enough plays where you've got that edge and can withstand the bad runs. 99.9% of gamblers, if not more, simply don't have the time, patience, and bankroll to take this approach and win without just going out and taking a strong position on a potentially "bad" line now and then. It's still a good thing to keep in mind for the rest of us though.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I don't have a crystal ball to consistently beat the closing number.....or beat the games all the time....

All I know is that the vig prevents a lot of players from becoming too smart...

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

There seem to be the same arguments we've had a thousand times.

1) Can the "right side" lose?

The answer is obviously yes. If you get +800 on "tails" of a coin flip and lost, you bet the right side and still didn't "cash the ticket". Conversely, the guy on the otherside who laid -800 made a horrendous bet but still won. Would you suggest making this bet again? Would you expect this gambler to win going forward?

2) Is beating the closer profitable?

My answer is of course it is for reasons I've enumerated dozens of times. HT, you always bring up the lines moving in multiple directions as if it somehow invalidates the assertion that beating the closer is +EV. If a game closes -3.5, then +7 and -1 are both profitable bets.

rainbow

EOG Master

I love it when I beat the "right people".....my take is that the right people are on both sides of this game...JMHO
Thats the advantage I have over you, I know who the right people are, and I will argue that point with you til I'm 6ft underground, nobody in this business knows the faces like I know them, that my friend is a TREMENDOUS edge....... I would be willing to swap the whole sheet with you on Football, basketball, or baseball at anytime you wish and post-up all the money where ever you like me to, you will then see how much I know about this business, you wouldn't have a chance ever with me doing that... and I can back these words up, just pick one of the 3 sports.......

rainbow

EOG Master

I told you which way the line was going in this thread if you can read........

rainbow

EOG Master

I see why you wanted to start earlier in this business... UNBELIEVEABLE.......

rainbow

EOG Master

There seem to be the same arguments we've had a thousand times.

1) Can the "right side" lose?

The answer is obviously yes. If you get +800 on "tails" of a coin flip and lost, you bet the right side and still didn't "cash the ticket". Conversely, the guy on the otherside who laid -800 made a horrendous bet but still won. Would you suggest making this bet again? Would you expect this gambler to win going forward?

2) Is beating the closer profitable?

My answer is of course it is for reasons I've enumerated dozens of times. HT, you always bring up the lines moving in multiple directions as if it somehow invalidates the assertion that beating the closer is +EV. If a game closes -3.5, then +7 and -1 are both profitable bets.
-800 is the right side on a coin flip if you call it right, what Viejo don't understand is he would be in the POOR house so fast that it will make his head swim.................. if he believes its no such thing as the right side or the wrong side I feel sorry for him, with the information I get its IMPOSSIBLE to LOSE, because I'm not picking I'm getting the best of the number with the information I have...

IHaveBeenAround

EOG Addicted

Anyone that doesn't understand how strong reliable info probably can't win betting sports. Figuring it out for a lay person is so baffling, it's impossible. Someone in a position to know that info can rob a bookie laying 11 to 10. The man told you the right side is Oregon. The market obviously agrees.

I think we can all STFU now about Auburn being the "right" side.

All the talent likes the dog.