OT: What an odd situation just occured in my house

Tuckman

Uh Poster
My wifes mother passed away very unexepectadly alittle over 6 months or so ago..Fine one day and gone just about the next..

Needless to say, a few days before her mother passing, they were out buying plants, something her mother enjoyed extremely.. Her mother bought the wife a plant, and the wifey's last good memory together was of them out shopping and getting that and my wife has taken extreme pride in that plant ever since.

Fast forward to tonight, we are both upstairs and the dogs were downstairs like always, we dont really allow them upstairs that often..

My wife went downstairs and one of the dogs (we know which one), ripped the plant to complete shreds..The wife just about had a nervous breakdown and now wants the dog gone (i'm thinking shes just pissed and dont mean it, least hope so)..Should i grant her wish if she still has hatred towards the dog in a few days? Cant see this going well day in and out if shes being serious :shoot:

bumpy

EOG Veteran
Re: OT: What an odd situation just occured in my house

You should, if you find it a good home. It's not fair to leave the dog in a home where it's hated.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

ask her if she thinks her Mom would've wanted her to abandon a family pet for destroying a plant.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

She'll have to deal with the notion that the dog ripped the plant, not her mother.

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

My wifes mother passed away very unexepectadly alittle over 6 months or so ago..Fine one day and gone just about the next..

Needless to say, a few days before her mother passing, they were out buying plants, something her mother enjoyed extremely.. Her mother bought the wife a plant, and the wifey's last good memory together was of them out shopping and getting that and my wife has taken extreme pride in that plant ever since.

Fast forward to tonight, we are both upstairs and the dogs were downstairs like always, we dont really allow them upstairs that often..

My wife went downstairs and one of the dogs (we know which one), ripped the plant to complete shreds..The wife just about had a nervous breakdown and now wants the dog gone (i'm thinking shes just pissed and dont mean it, least hope so)..Should i grant her wish if she still has hatred towards the dog in a few days? Cant see this going well day in and out if shes being serious :shoot:

Asshole.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Wife needs counseling, Tuck needs out.

carolinakid

Banned

Tm you may need to kept the lights on tonite , just for you and the dogs safe being

Tuckman

Uh Poster

shes not gonna do anything to the dogs, shes just not a happy camper at this point and talking out of anger..

carolinakid

Banned

so in her anger you should take a member of the family, your dogs and send one or both packing, i dont think so

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

ask her if she thinks her Mom would've wanted her to abandon a family pet for destroying a plant.

SOLID answer. sorry the dogs (dog) did it but not like that plant was gonna live forever anyway, right? what the dog did was bad but as much as she must love the dog getting rid of it seems illogical and poorly (not) thought out

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Okay i should have mentioned that she was saying to get rid of the dog while she was crying her eyes out after it just happened..The dog is not going any place.. :shoot:

bad thread here

carolinakid

Banned

Tm yes i love my Bandit here and would be lost without him for some time....ck

mr merlin

EOG Master

Get rid of the dog, or kill it. Maybe the plant will come back.

WVU

EOG Master

get her a new plant. Put a nice engraved sign on it in memory of her mother.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

get her a new plant. Put a nice engraved sign on it in memory of her mother.

Good answer! Or take her to the same place and do it together?

This is bigger than the plant. First off, you have two dogs. Sending the guilty dog to a different family will hurt you, the dog that shredded the plant, and the other dog. It's never good to separate family pets. Psychologically, the other dog may never be the same even if you get a new replacement dog. Not to mention now you are being punished by having to send one of your dogs away for something you didn't do. Why should you suffer for the dog's mistake?

I like the idea of a new plant with an engraved plaque or something above it as WVU mentioned. Then again, I don't like live plants inside my home. That shit belongs in the backyard so it doesn't attract bugs and what not. Be sensitive; appear angry, too, even if you really don't give a damn about the plant. But make sure you have the replacement plant already bought and ready to be planted so she can't complain about not wanting to go and get it. Also, this will avoid a 3-hour marathon plant shopping spree for you. Run into Target, buy some token plant, and spend 5 minutes tops. You'll be back watching sports in no time. 12io4j2w90

cassiusclay

EOG Master

I had a parakeet once and it's head fell off. Sold it to some blind kid.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

The plant is irreplaceable, that plant symbolized the last time she spent with her mother alive and in good spirits. I could have a new one engraved in gold and she wouldn't care.

She was fine this morning when it came to getting rid of the dog, like I said it was the heat of the moment thing and she wouldn't want the dogs to go anyplace, they are a big part of our family.

Onto some winning plays if anyone has any to share

cassiusclay

EOG Master

At first when I read this thread title I thought you were gonna say you and jk went to dinner and it was not a buffet

carolinakid

Banned

Yep it look it like time to trade her in for someone that love sex

Mammon

EOG Master

Send the dogs out to get trained and say you are sorry since it is your fault.