Pandemic exhibition baseball

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Have we finally hit mental retardation in this fledgling poor excuse of a sport that was once called the National past time? Forget the stupified rule in extra innings of a runner at second base to start the inning. The other night you thought the game was over with the Yankees leading the Mets 6-0. No way. The Yankees batted on the bottom of the 9tb because....the Mets reliever wanted to get some work in? But take note...had the Yankees scored in the bottom of the 9th, the runs wouldn't count towards the final score. Errrrr, okkkk....I'd like to see a wager on over 9.5 and somewhere, just somewhere, there's a garbage granny hit that sends a capper into a frenzy tirade.

Now tonight I'm watching Angels vs. Pirates. 3-1 Anaheim heading into the bottom of the 10th. Padres load the bases with one out. Padres cut the lead on an RBI single to cut the deficit to 3-2 and eventually load the bases with one out. After a strikeout which was the second out, the players walk off the field and they play...the top of the 11th? Wtf????

If these were games that counted I would simply turn my tv off and say the hell with MLB and continue to focus on KBO. It's fine to experiment with this crap, but if these dumb rules are in place in '21, fans imo just don't deserve this kind of parity. I'm sorry.

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Teams are trying different things in these exhibitions, so I wouldn’t worry much about that. I do worry about the sloppiness and lack of timing due to poor conditioning in the first couple of weeks in all sports after the restart.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Have we finally hit mental retardation in this fledgling poor excuse of a sport that was once called the National past time? Forget the stupified rule in extra innings of a runner at second base to start the inning. The other night you thought the game was over with the Yankees leading the Mets 6-0. No way. The Yankees batted on the bottom of the 9tb because....the Mets reliever wanted to get some work in? But take note...had the Yankees scored in the bottom of the 9th, the runs wouldn't count towards the final score. Errrrr, okkkk....I'd like to see a wager on over 9.5 and somewhere, just somewhere, there's a garbage granny hit that sends a capper into a frenzy tirade.

Now tonight I'm watching Angels vs. Pirates. 3-1 Anaheim heading into the bottom of the 10th. Padres load the bases with one out. Padres cut the lead on an RBI single to cut the deficit to 3-2 and eventually load the bases with one out. After a strikeout which was the second out, the players walk off the field and they play...the top of the 11th? Wtf????

If these were games that counted I would simply turn my tv off and say the hell with MLB and continue to focus on KBO. It's fine to experiment with this crap, but if these dumb rules are in place in '21, fans imo just don't deserve this kind of parity. I'm sorry.

Why are you so pissed off at something that is an exhibition?

A pitcher might go to the mound and only throw fastballs and changeups to get some work in.

Jesus jimmy for a guy that has been betting longer than most of the posters have been alive you are taking this unusually situation and projecting this as something that is going to happen when the games count.

What would you think if a pitcher, after recording the third out in the ninth, talks to the opposing team the he wants to pitch to a few more batters even though the inning is technically over? Who cares.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Why are you so pissed off at something that is an exhibition?

A pitcher might go to the mound and only throw fastballs and changeups to get some work in.

Jesus jimmy for a guy that has been betting longer than most of the posters have been alive you are taking this unusually situation and projecting this as something that is going to happen when the games count.

What would you think if a pitcher, after recording the third out in the ninth, talks to the opposing team the he wants to pitch to a few more batters even though the inning is technically over? Who cares.
Did you not read my post full curcle? If I had action on and the books graded it a certain way in contrary to exceptions, should I not have a legitimate beef? I care, that's who and so should bettors who have a wager on it, as half these books are too stupid or don't go the extra mile to know these exceptions to the rule on how these games are graded. It's all about principle.

SML I expect better from you given your longevity here and in the industry, especially when it goes beyond the scope and integrity of the game to understand that books these days just look at the final outcome and that's where it stops Do you know how many times I've had to dispute a final score with the likes of BM and dsi, where I've literally had to spell it the fuck out for clerks and managers as to what really happened, knowing all the loopholes involved because teams agreed to exceptions or bending the rules? Half the time they just can't decipher the details and need to go to videotapes because they feel the loyal, longtime customers are trying to screw them when all along they are being honest from the getgo as to really what took place. Smfh

Last edited: