Pass interference

blueline

EOG Master
Check, check , check...I just dont understand how you cant call pass interference when 3 boxes are all checked for pass interference...Dan Fouts on a non-call and then a challenge and the refs let the non-call stand in Texans/Ravens

Valuist

EOG Master
Terrible call and I was on Ravens. Texans seemed to have some early momentum and this game completely turned on that play.

Arians just challenged on 4th down for offensive PI. The challenge wasn't even objective. Contact occurred within 1 yard from scrimmage which by rule can't be called for pass interference. Refs still didn't overturn it. They should just get rid of the option to challenge if they refuse to make the right call.

MrTop

EOG Master
I had the ravens too....i had them as BIG favorites.. the texans lost to indy as a dog 2 weeks ago... how could they be ? baltimore going to the AFC finals.. maybe BOWL ...IMO... One play does not turn a game around... there are 59 more minutes. A team has to be well coached to avoid feeling down...Texans not the best in AFC

blueline

EOG Master
It's played on vsin's commercial loop....they mention a former ref who says that if the Saints non-call, which was the impetus for reviews this year happened this year, it would not be overturned.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
At the same time Arizona challenged an original incomplete pass non called PI against Sherman that was deemed so by the refs after replay then confirmed it. Rarely do you see that but this particular instance was the correct call. Led to an Arizona fg.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
True. I just think the bigger issue in play is the psychology behind these calls and non calls.

"I have no idea what pass interference is anymore" Texans coach Bill O'Brien

This is a big issue to me because then what's the fucking point anymore? Why give your all into an unknown.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
There is 5 and change left in the game between Dallas and Detroit and Detroit goes for 2 after getting within one score. I cant sit here and tell you Patricia went for 2 just to go for 2, for just because when the point spread was hovering around a TD.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but we live in a crazy world.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Down by 14 late, score a TD, it’s clearly +EV to for 2.
However, very few teams do it.
It’s not a conspiracy.
It’s basic analytics.
Make it, u essentially win with a next TD.
Miss, u can still tie.

It’s a pet peeve of mine that so few teams do it. Glad to see someone did.

boston massacre

EOG Master
You have to grab the receiver with both hands while the ball is in the Air, Throw him to the ground, rip his helmet off, then throw it over the Goal Post to have a Pass Interference Called on a Challenge.

richsox24

EOG Master
There is 5 and change left in the game between Dallas and Detroit and Detroit goes for 2 after getting within one score. I cant sit here and tell you Patricia went for 2 just to go for 2, for just because when the point spread was hovering around a TD.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but we live in a crazy world.
The odd thing about this is its only done when the score is hovering around the spread. I believe memphis did this 2 weeks ago when the line was 6.5.

But then you have teams like Indiana yesterday who score a td in the closing minutes and kicked the pat. Auburn did as well. Of course the point spreads in those games weren't in the 6.5-7.5 range.

Not a conspiracy theorist either but it definitely makes you wonder.