Pat Robertson--Nothing surprises me from this guy.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
This is the same nutcase....who once said..."Horse Racing would be a great sport if it didn't involve gambling".....now says the US should take out some foreign leader---Chavez.

Oh Yes --both he and the Reverand Falwell are BIG TIME Republicans.

The General said:
Who is chavez?

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. -

Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson apologized Wednesday for calling for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, only hours after he denied saying Chavez should be killed.

?Is it right to call for assassination?? Robertson said. ?No, and I apologize for that statement. I spoke in frustration that we should accommodate the man who thinks the U.S. is out to kill him.?
Chavez, whose country is the world?s fifth-largest oil exporter, has emerged as one of the most outspoken critics of President Bush. He accuses the United States of conspiring to topple his government and possibly backing plots to assassinate him. U.S. officials have called the accusations ridiculous.

On Monday?s telecast of his Christian Broadcasting Network show ?The 700 Club,? Robertson had said: ?You know, I don?t know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we?re trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It?s a whole lot cheaper than starting a war, and I don?t think any oil shipments will stop.?

Covert operations 'a whole lot easier'
He continued: ?We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don?t need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It?s a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with.?

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
I must agree that Pat Robertson way crossed the line with that comment, especially him being a "man of God" and all. That being said Hugo Chavez is an oppressive piece of shi*t dictator.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Lawrence said:
I must agree that Pat Robertson way crossed the line with that comment, especially him being a "man of God" and all. That being said Hugo Chavez is an oppressive piece of shi*t dictator.

Can you support his idea..that "horse racing would be a great sport, if it didn't have gambling". ??

This guy is worth a FORTUNE and has MANY MANY supporters. It's people like him that help the illegal bookmakers.

X

xpanda

Lawrence said:

How so?

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
xpanda said:

-He packed his court with his people, and they passed laws stifling any bad press coverage about his regime.

-He is stripping property away from wealthy landowners, and giving it away to squatters.

-He is actively letting Marxist Guerrlias from Columbia move into the region, to push his agenda of creating a totalitarian dictatorship.

-He has been sympathetic to terror organizations across the world, including his proven ties to the ETA Basque Terror Organization.

Basically he is trying to model his revolution after Cuba's, in hopes of reaching the goal that Fidel Castro has reached. Him offering gas, and all that is blatant propaganda so that the rest of the world is like "oh, he ain't so bad."