Pedro gone after 3!

Journeyman

EOG Master
If you think Pedro is going to win even 10 games for the Mets this year you need to rethink that!

His arm will fall off first.

:hung

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: Pedro gone after 3!

If you think Pedro is going to win even 10 games for the Mets this year you need to rethink that!

His arm will fall off first.

:hung

if only that was the problem, he stepped in a divot on his follow thru and his ankle turned to cause the hammy problem...he will win 12-14 games this year :cheers

Journeyman

EOG Master

no he wont!

he is brittle and injury prone, he will not see DD wins, bump this later.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

no he wont!

he is brittle and injury prone, he will not see DD wins, bump this later.

his body wasnt the cause of this issue though, do i agree his body is brittle, sure, but this 1 time it wasnt the cause of that...i'll bump after his 10th win to remind you :finger004

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Gotta agree with J man here. I think he is close to used up. Sometimes smaller men that throw heat lose it all at once, terrible toll on entire arm, shoulder, and rotator. He has showed slippage already last couple of years.

Best Wishes...oF :smokesmal

Tuckman

Uh Poster

he gave up 4 in the first 2 innings, wasn't hurt til the 4th....

he settled down in the 3rd and breezed thru it... he notoriously has a higher era thru the first 4 innings of games and is almost untouchable 4-7

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Gotta agree with J man here. I think he is close to used up. Sometimes smaller men that throw heat lose it all at once, terrible toll on entire arm, shoulder, and rotator. He has showed slippage already last couple of years.

Best Wishes...oF :smokesmal
he hasnt hit 90 in a few years on the gun, and he was repeatively hitting it this evening, but who knows :rolleyes:

was counting on Pedro on my fantasy team, so I hope you're wrong J Man.

Unfortunately you may be right

HOPEFULLY, just a minor setback and he won't miss any time

Journeyman

EOG Master

lol okay Tucker, you and Devil are delusional...Pedro will not win even 10 games.

he is broken down (has been)

he is a 6 inning at best pitcher now....Willie will try and nurse him, he will be on the shelf by the AS break at the latest.

:rolleyes:

even when he isn't hurt he is not the old pitcher. :doh1

after starting out 4-0, this Mets -1 1/2 is back in business

4-4 :cheers

The Devil

EOG Master

PEDRO WILL BE BACK AND WILL BE FINE......SO PELFREY WILL 15 WHATS THE DIFFERENCE.............

dirty

EOG Master

I thought the ankle was a Part of the Body.... How I ever Passed Humam AP in College with stupid ass thoughts like that :+clueless

wideopen21

EOG Addicted

Santana, Maine and Perez is still one of the best top 3. But now the mets may have one of the worst 4-5's of any team in contention.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Santana 'Mo' and 'Curly' would also be 'one of'..the Mets pitching is questionable.

anyone with Santana

He could be out awhile according to manager Willie Randloph

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] "It doesn't look good," manager Willie Randolph said Wednesday, a day after Martinez was hurt while pitching against Florida in his first start of the season.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] "He said he heard a pop, and that is not a good thing," Randolph said. "Usually, when something like that happens, you are put on the DL right away, but we'll just wait and see what the results are. It could have just been a combination of a real bad cramp or a strain. Any time a pitcher pulls a hamstring, that is usually automatic DL."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Martinez allowed four runs in 3 1/3 innings during a 5-4, 10-inning defeat, limping off the mound after injuring himself during a pitch. He was to be examined by Dr. David Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery. [/FONT]

Journeyman

EOG Master

oh my....the bright side is it's not his arm or shoulder, the bad news is he cannot remain healthy.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Pedro Martinez, SP NYM
News: Pedro Martinez will be sidelined 4-to-6 weeks with what the New York Mets said was a mild strain of his left hamstring. The three-time Cy Young Award winner was placed on the 15-day disabled list before the Mets' game against the Florida Marlins on Wednesday night. Martinez was injured Tuesday night, returned to New York and was examined by Dr. David Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery. "It doesn't look good," manager Willie Randolph said before the diagnosis was announced by Mets spokesman Jay Horwitz. "He said he heard a pop, and that is not a good thing." Martinez allowed four runs in 3 1/3 innings during a 5-4, 10-inning defeat, limping off the mound after injuring himself during a pitch. "He's an unfortunate loss," pitcher John Maine said. "Everyone knows what Pedro can do."

he will still win 10 games :finger004

Red Sox looking pretty damn smart for allowing him to walk a few years back

Journeyman

EOG Master

Red Sox looking pretty damn smart for allowing him to walk a few years back

That was a given...only delusional Mets fans seem to think otherwise, Pedro was clearly wearing down and was a huge risk I said this before he left Boston.

Horrible signing by NYM.:+clueless

The Devil

EOG Master

I WONDER HOME MANY FREE AGENTS THE METS SIGNED WOULD HAVE COME IF THEY DIDN'T HAVE PEDRO??????

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

He was getting hit and losing velocity with Bosox. I pissed off a lot of Mets fans saying it was a very bad aquisition. In his early career he never missed a start. Now he barely can make one. Some guys last forever, especially knucklers, as it does not ruin the arm tossing up butterflies. But when you throw heat, and you are of smaller stature, every single muscle in your body is going into that pitch. Even guys closing, they just lose it all at once. See Rob Nen.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

Journeyman

EOG Master

He was getting hit and losing velocity with Bosox. I pissed off a lot of Mets fans saying it was a very bad aquisition. In his early career he never missed a start. Now he barely can make one. Some guys last forever, especially knucklers, as it does not ruin the arm tossing up butterflies. But when you throw heat, and you are of smaller stature, every single muscle in your body is going into that pitch. Even guys closing, they just lose it all at once. See Rob Nen.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

I tried to tell Devil this but he, well , he is a Mets fan so.... :rolleyes: