People need to stop blaming Madoff

railbird

EOG Master
I make a stupid bet. I dont blame the team, I blame myself for bad handicapping. These people bet on Bernie Madoff. They lost their bet. Get over it. They go all in? WTF were they thinking.:doh1

These people are morons.

railbird

EOG Master
Re: People need to stop blaming madoff.

investing and gambling are not related? really? You need to think again. Your putting up money to make more money.

The people with a FALSE SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT DIDNT GET THEIR WAY

I kind of enjoy it.

railbird

EOG Master

How about the COWARDS that slit their list becuase they have to start over. Being broke builds character.

What Madoff did is the equilivant of betting the wrong side of an obvious fixed game. Investing itself is a gamble, but when the playing field isn't level, this is what you have. Yes, greed was a big part of it by many parties.

We are scratching the surface on the Wall St scams too.

I feel for the people who invested that didn't know their money was tied to him because these hedge fund managers bought and sold their accounts 3-4 times. All those people were getting was a monthly statement.

People I don't feel sorry for is the house-flippers.

Funny how no one, and I mean no one, mentions the 1000's that he made a fuckload of money for in the past. Just the money he lost they speak of.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

He stole their money Railbird. They invested money and instead of just losing it for them he stole it. He's a damn criminal. How do you not se this?

Funny how no one, and I mean no one, mentions the 1000's that he made a fuckload of money for in the past. Just the money he lost they speak of.

True, but I don't think that many people change their 401's. They deposit the money, and it sits there.

He stole their money Railbird. They invested money and instead of just losing it for them he stole it. He's a damn criminal. How do you not se this?

Tells me he isn't in the stock market. Makes you wonder about the creditability of networks such as CNBC, Fox Business, etc. someone had to know something.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Tells me he isn't in the stock market. Makes you wonder about the creditability of networks such as CNBC, Fox Business, etc. someone had to know something.

There's an absolute difference between gambling your money and losing and investing your money and having it stolen to pay for houses all over and millions of dollars in your bank account.

Just a silly thread.

There's an absolute difference between gambling your money and losing and investing your money and having it stolen to pay for houses all over and millions of dollars in your bank account.

Just a silly thread.

True. Would love to see where all the money is hidden at. Even if they got all of his property, it is a soft market to sell it. Michael Vick's house couldn't get the minimum bid of $3.5 mil the other day.

railbird

EOG Master

Just a silly thread.

I see what your saying.

But thats got to be part of the handicapping.

railbird

EOG Master

MAdoff is a tout. Like JAck Price. Yeah he can be trusted.

railbird

EOG Master

Managers tout due diligence in avoiding Madoff

Posted: December 22, 2008, 12:01 AM ET
<!--SET PUBLISH DATE-->Post a Comment
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>gSiteLife.Recommend("ExternalResource", "Article312229963"); </SCRIPT>Recommend

It took a huge scandal ? Bernie Madoff's alleged Ponzi scheme ? to convince a slew of hedge funds of funds that they needed to be more open about their own investments.
An unprecedented number of hedge fund-of-funds managers announced triumphantly that their due diligence process had dissuaded them from investing with Bernard L. Madoff Securities LLC, New York, or in any of the so-called ?feeder funds? that offered access to Mr. Madoff's strategy.
Among fund-of-funds companies trumpeting their non-involvement in what may turn out to be the biggest-ever hedge fund fraud case include firms that cater to the world's ultra wealthy. These firms include Luxembourg's Banque Privee Edmond de Rothschild Europe; Swiss managers Partners Group Holding AG, Gottex Fund Management Holdings Ltd.; and Vienna-based Salus Alpha Group Services GmbH. Also dodging the bullet were New Zealand's Infiniti Solutions Ltd., and U.K.-based CMA Global Hedge PCC Ltd.; GAM, the hedge fund-of-funds subsidiary of Julius Baer AG; and Dexion Capital PLC.
Among U.S. fund of funds proclaiming innocence were Cadogan Management LLC, Berens Capital Management LLC, Hennessee Group LLC and Taylor Investment Advisors LP.
?I am not shocked that Madoff did blow up, but I am shocked that so many obviously unqualified naive fund of hedge fund managers ? who are obviously doing no due diligence nor do they understand hedge fund strategies ? do manage so much ... money and wonder why this happened to them,? said Oliver Prock, chief investment officer of Salus Alpha, in a statement. Most major U.S. institutionally oriented hedge funds of funds didn't have anything to say ? they had passed on Mr. Madoff's funds because he wouldn't provide enough transparency on the investment process. ? Christine Williamson

waco

EOG Dedicated

If Madoof is not the blame, why he is going to jail?

I would find it hard to believe some of our hard-working congress is not in on this too.

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

railbird

Please tell us once again how much you enjoyed the 9/11 attacks.

:maniac:

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

How about the COWARDS that slit their list becuase they have to start over. Being broke builds character.

They most likely were part of the rich base of the republican party who got their wealth thru inheritance but act like they are some self made man.

Wade

EOG Master

Railbird's right. The people should of put their money in a bank where's its safe and get some interest.

They most likely were part of the rich base of the republican party who got their wealth thru inheritance but act like they are some self made man.

Like they say, it takes money to make money.

railbird

EOG Master

good movie on showtime, deniro did a nice job

yisman

EOG Master
Re: People need to stop blaming Madoff

I never saw this thread.

railbird defends scammers. Not surprising.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I make a stupid bet. I dont blame the team, I blame myself for bad handicapping. These people bet on Bernie Madoff. They lost their bet. Get over it. They go all in? WTF were they thinking.:doh1

These people are morons.

You have always blamed the refs….