Phil Jackson would take Howard over Lebron to start his team

tripp

EOG Master
Re: Phil Jackson would take Howard over Lebron to start his team

Love Howard, but anyone who would pass on LeBron to start their franchise either doesn't know what they're talking about or simply does not like LeBron.

Phil Jackson might easily just dislike LeBron because he is already the best player in the game and the season MVP. Add in the fact that he is TWENTY FOUR years old and there is no way you pass on him ever.

mofome

Banned

Yeah, Phil Jackson is clueless and poster tripp is his basketball superior.

tripp

EOG Master

Dwight Howard can't even be in the same conversation as LeBron James. It is LeBron James and Kobe Bryant. After that you have a group of guys like Paul, Wade, Williams and Howard. None of those guys are in James or Kobe's class though.

I'm sure Tripp has done less illicit drugs than Phil has.
Rumor has it he was quite the party animal.
Wonder if it's effecting his judgement later on in life?:+clueless

It must be because our new President admires him................

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

i'd take dwight over lebron too.

i'll also fully admit that i'm a biased magic fan.

his inside presence is greater than any other player in the league, by far. he's already showing remarkable improvement with his shooting (his little jump hook is getting dangerous) when he can't just find his way to the rim and throw it down. no single player can guard him all game, he's just too freakishly athletic.

once dwight gains the ability to face up and hit down 8-12ft jumpers in addition to being able to put his head down and just overpower anybody to the rim, he will be the most dominant player in the game.

he demands a double-team, which he can then kick out to his shooters. that's why the magic are unbeateable when their shooters are hitting. they will *always* get their looks if dwight is playing well.

phil jackson knows his shit. d.howard *is* the shit.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

you guys have to understand that half the shit that comes out of phil's mouth is psychological

of course he would take lebron over howard, but if he says that, he risks pissing off his pussy player kobe who is super thin-skinned. sure, the comparison of howard and lebron does not involve kobe but if you take the swing-man over the big man you risk offending your own swing man

phil knows that he will most likely be meeting lebron in the finals and by slighting lebron he might piss him off enough to throw off his game a bit. lebron is a fricken superstar, but if he plays *mad* he might get out of his game plan of team ball and start lobbing up ill advised shots just to prove his pt to phil and phil knows that with cleveland having home court he needs to do something to shake up the cavs star and get him out of rhythm. with all the praise being thrown at lebron, perhaps some slights will piss him off. genius of phil, but so obvious to me.

WAKE UP PEOPLE

think guys, think. have you not been seeing phil say these kinds of things to get reactions for yrs now?

if not, you haven't been watching closely enough for the last 15 yrs