PHOENIX SUNS

You are so fucking dumb, it truly defies credulity. Anyone, who takes anything you say seriously, is serioulsy a fucking moron.
You are a LBJ fan boy who worships him the same way a teen age girl fawns over Justin Bieber, and you are to be taken seriously?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
You are a LBJ fan boy who worships him the same way a teen age girl fawns over Justin Bieber, and you are to be taken seriously?

I appreciate the correct spelling, the other way is creepy.

I'm an LBJ fan boy and you're a moron, I'm glad we understand each other. This is progress.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
This isn't the West of old. PHO as good as any to take it.

Chris Paul in the NBA Finals would be a first.

His teams have made the postseason in 11 of 15 seasons, making the conference finals only once.

I know, I know...it's a team sport.

But the NBA is a star's league.

And I also know Devin Booker is the star of the Phoenix Suns.

Heim

EOG Master
Chris Paul in the NBA Finals would be a first.

His teams have made the postseason in 11 of 15 seasons, making the conference finals only once.

I know, I know...it's a team sport.

But the NBA is a star's league.

And I also know Devin Booker is the star of the Phoenix Suns.

Win the West. I don't think anyone beats Nets. As WildBill has posted, their key is Ayton.

He has gotten a little more aggressive this year with his post ups and on the OR boards.

But he still disappears occasionally. CP3 has been good keeping him focused.

Win the West. I don't think anyone beats Nets. As WildBill has posted, their key is Ayton.

He has gotten a little more aggressive this year with his post ups and on the OR boards.

But he still disappears occasionally. CP3 has been good keeping him focused.

Here's the data to watch

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=deandre+ayton+shot+chart+2020-21

He's up to 70% of his shots attempted close in and he's hitting 69% of them. He attempted 63% close in last season making 64%. He needs to get to 75-80% shots attempted in close and continue hitting above 67% of them to be really effective. He does like that low block to the right side where his post moves yield a shot, but his percentage is only 49% over there so that part of his game needs work. Ideally he should just pass out of it although I know big men want to take some shots there to force the defender to respect him having the ball over there.

Here's the data to watch

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=deandre+ayton+shot+chart+2020-21

He's up to 70% of his shots attempted close in and he's hitting 69% of them. He attempted 63% close in last season making 64%. He needs to get to 75-80% shots attempted in close and continue hitting above 67% of them to be really effective. He does like that low block to the right side where his post moves yield a shot, but his percentage is only 49% over there so that part of his game needs work. Ideally he should just pass out of it although I know big men want to take some shots there to force the defender to respect him having the ball over there.
Ayton epitomizes “looks like Tarzan plays like Jane”

Ayton epitomizes “looks like Tarzan plays like Jane”

That was him year one. Coaching is slowly getting him to go in the right direction.

Next part is to get him to be mentally tough every possession. Yeah you can hit jumpers, but we need you to bang inside, always fight for position even if you don't get the ball and then battle for the boards. When he's not involved he gets lazy, runs through the motions and then has a game where he gets like 10 points and 6 rebounds, with his points coming on some jumpers. If he wants to score 20 or more a game he needs to make every night his night to get at it and put up high volume inside. Can't argue with his effectiveness, he's shooting 61%. That's as good as the gunners hitting 40% on 3s so as long he increases his volume without lowering his shooting percentage he's going to be more valuable to the team.

I know the team and the fans were really pumped for last night's game and win, but the true test of how good the Suns are comes tonight. Championship teams can follow up a big OT win with a solid game the next night against a top team. Even if they don't win but at least keep it close and play with no big letdown will say a lot about the progress of this team and its chances in the playoffs.

choslamshe

EOG Master
I've already penciled tonight in as a night in front of the tube. Suns/Clippers, Bucks/Mavs, and Blazers/Jazz - hopefully get a couple of great games there.

Speaking of Jazz, I would like to get some specifics but how bad of a funk is Jordan Clarkson in? Seems like every night he's 4-16 from the field. I counted three consecutive shots of his last night that were in motion/off balance 3's.