Pirates looking to go 11-7, any chance they can finish the season near .500?

mofome

Banned
Some nice bats in that lineup, a few decent arms in the pen, but the staff seems to be using smoke and mirrors to this point. Any chance they are a surprise team this season? Not to win anything big, but to have soe value as an underdog most of the season.

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated
Re: Pirates looking to go 11-7, any chance they can finish the season near .500?

The simple answer is no, but define near .500. 70 wins maybe?

FLIP-A-COIN

EOG Addicted
Re: Pirates looking to go 11-7, any chance they can finish the season near .500?

If the arms hold up then they can definitely finish over 500. They finally got a decent pitching coach in Kerrigan and he appears to have these guys on the right track.

If this team can get the timely hits as they are now and the Laroche boys do what they are paid to do then I think this team has an outside shot at 85-90 wins.

I know, a couple of big ifs, but stranger things have happen.

tripp

EOG Master

Not a chance they finish .500. They could maybe win 72 or so games, but that is 18 games under .500.

Pittsburgh is an awful team. They will prove it soon enough. After the all star break this team will be +170 or higher almost every game.

Im a homer so my opinion is jaded.

But IF the pitching staff stays healthy I honestly think we make the playoffs.

The Cardinals and Cubs are great teams but they are no mortal lock to win the division and there is always the wild card.

We have had 16 straight losing seasons, but I think this team is different.

Ive been watching alotta player interviews and these guys seem hungry.

tripp

EOG Master

Im a homer so my opinion is jaded.

But IF the pitching staff stays healthy I honestly think we make the playoffs.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FLIP-A-COIN

EOG Addicted

To bad the season didnt end today because The Battling Buccos would be The NL Wild Card team. :cheers

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk&hl=en&fs=1 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

:LMAO:+textinb3 12io4j2w90

tripp

EOG Master

Not a chance they finish .500. They could maybe win 72 or so games, but that is 18 games under .500.

Pittsburgh is an awful team. They will prove it soon enough. After the all star break this team will be +170 or higher almost every game.

Pittsburgh has lost 12 of the past 13 games and now have a record of 12-19.

Maybe 72 games was a stretch. I love my U 69.5 wins bet at this point.

Wynn

EOG Enthusiast

Pittsburgh has lost 12 of the past 13 games and now have a record of 12-19.

Maybe 72 games was a stretch. I love my U 69.5 wins bet at this point.

This just in - the Yankees suck too.

Wynn

EOG Enthusiast

2-1 since A-Rod got back. They will be in the playoffs.12io4j2w90
I'll concede that A-Rod's addition to their line-up has been performance-enhancing.
:+cartoon-

louisvillekid

EOG Dedicated

i don't think Pitt had any intention of competing this season. Hell, they've let alot of good players get away and/or traded them , the past 2 years, or at least it seems that way, and they sure as hell haven't tried to fix the BP.

Wynn

EOG Enthusiast

i don't think Pitt had any intention of competing this season. Hell, they've let alot of good players get away and/or traded them , the past 2 years, or at least it seems that way, and they sure as hell haven't tried to fix the BP.

I agree. The principle owners, Nutting and McClatchy, realize that competing in MLB with a small-market team is a money losing proposition from the start. Add in that they're both in the print media business during a severe recession and you have recipe for a franchise that will cut costs every chance it gets.