Pitt -1 @ ND? Am I missing something?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Pitt -1 @ ND? Am I missing something?

It wouldn't shock me if ND won less than 3 games in conference. I had this number at 5 1/2. The best win ND has this year is vs Detroit. Pitt was clearly overrated being the 15th ranked team in the nation, but they are much better than ND - even on the road. ND has no depth nor talent - at least not much to speak of.

34-21 +10.9 units YTD.

You were missing something.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Woodall is doubtful tonight. Pitt's offense slows to a grind without their PG. Gibbs moves over to point and struggles to create offense for himself.

ND for me. Under as well.

Two for the good guys.

Nicely done, brians.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

ND won't have as raucous a crowd given kids are on break and it's an overrated home court to begin with (not the student section, the rest of the crowd, don't know when to stand up, sit down, etc, it's pretty sad actually).

Gibbs is being exposed right now, guy doesn't have the chops to play PG in the NBA at least from what he's done so far this season, they need Woodall in a big way. That being said, ND is not good, but their homecourt will be good enough for an upset or two I'd imagine. If there's anything to know about Mike Brey, it's that typically he can do less with more and more with less, and the past 2 years he's finally matured as coach and can throw some gameplan wrinkles to give opponents a hard time (see when ND played slowdown w/o Harangody).

Pitt should win but ND has enough 3 point shooters to spread them and knock them down, and we all know home teams can streak on their own court (see LSU vs. Marquette); one thing going for Pitt is that they just lost, so you figure intensity will be there.

FWIW I thought Wagner was in a bad spot not having played in 10+ days going into Pitt - but when you fail to capitalize on early momentum with a less-raucous home crowd b/c of holidays, upset will happen.

GL tonight fellas, go Irish

Written by a true Notre Dame grad.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I cashed on Iowa last night, D. They have been improved greatly in the second half of the season, imo. Gatens says the bucket looks huge now.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

It wouldn't shock me if ND won less than 3 games in conference. I had this number at 5 1/2. The best win ND has this year is vs Detroit.

A bit off the mark here, Timely.

12-5 in conference (tied for second)

Best wins:
- #1 Syracuse at home
- #10 Louisville on the road
- #15 Marquette at home
- #19 UConn on the road
- West Virginia home and away

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

The '09 season was pretty inexplicable for the opposite reason. A lot of horrible luck/losing close games vs. this year where we've been very lucky and winning all the close ones.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

ND should break out of their shooting slump tonight. Prov doesn't play a lot of D.