Please check out this thread:

JC

EOG Veteran
Sam Odom said:
BTW-- Remember the 2004 slogan, "Anybody but Bush" look where that got us:cocktail

I agree, the democrats were so obsessed with nominating someone who was "electable" that they nominated someone who stood for nothing and was correctly portrayed as a flip flopper.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
BUSH MOM: EVERYONE WANTS TO MOVE TO TEXAS

Mon Sep 05 2005 19:52:02 ET

Former first lady and mother to President Bush said Monday that evacuees from New Orleans have found a home in Houston.

"Almost everyone I?ve talked to says we're going to move to Houston," Barbara Bush told NPR.

"What I?m hearing is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this --this is working very well for them."

Audio link:
http://drudgereport.com/bb.mp3

"Hey Bar, look at the little brown ones
over here."

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated
I wonder what the citizens of Houston think of that? It won't be long before Texas prays for their hurricane so they can ship these people out of the state.

Chuck Sims said:
I wonder what the citizens of Houston think of that? It won't be long before Texas prays for their hurricane so they can ship these people out of the state.
This will in fact create an incredible burden upon the taxpayers of Texas. Human services will be stretched extremely thin. These people will unfortunately be dependent upon public assistance programs such as welfare, food stamps and medicaid for the forseeable future. Also, how many of these people have an ongoing relationship with the criminal justice system? People may end up with arrest warrants for jumping bail, failure to appear or mandatory drug testing violations. Others may be considered fugitives for not reporting to probation or parole officers. Could be that alot of people just got a get-out-of jail-free card. The law enforcement community of Texas and especially Houston may be in for a BIG surprise.

Sam Odom

EOG Master
The senior Dem on the governmental affairs committee

Senator Joe Lieberman: "Mr. Brown, I thank you very much. I
will certainly support your nomination. I will do my best to
move it through the Committee as soon as possible so we can
have you fully and legally at work in your new position. In the
meantime, I thank you very much. I thank your family for their
support of you, and at this point, we will adjourn the hearing."

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
The USA is not going in the right direction and the reason is greed. Get used to it and I hope I am dead before the next civil stance against the government.