Poli Forum is a Wasteland Post-Doc

Any thoughts on the atrophied wasteland the political forum has become since doc was silenced?:pop::cocktail

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate
Re: Poli Forum is a Wasteland Post-Doc

Any thoughts on the atrophied wasteland the political forum has become since doc was silenced?:pop::cocktail
Doc just kept treading the same ground day after day,he didn't expand the boundaries of thought,just kept up an illusion of activity.
Posters are generally locked into set positions on most issues,and consider that changing ones opinions,when exposed to new ideas on a topic as a defeat,or flaw,instead of an opportunity for growing knowledge.This results in a stale ongoing rehash of the same counterpoints.
BTW,Threads,IMO,don't have to stay on the original topic,in the process of unraveling it's normal to change direction as a discussion advances and see where it leads.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2182118 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid">05-30-09, 11:19 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right>#7 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>ACCC<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2182118", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Member

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2182118 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: OMG..THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>I don't normally post here anymore because of the situation on this forum. Ridiculous and unreadable with all of the ghost posters, duplicate threads, personal attacks, etc.

Goodbye EOG for good

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://forums.eog.com/politics-and-government/omg-this-is-getting-ridiculous-226923.html

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2112171 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid">04-24-09, 12:11 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right>#1 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>
Jesse
Livermore
"We are seeing glimmers of hope"

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2112171 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Good Luck to you guys.
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>This board is a bore and a joke. Not much intellectual thought on this board, just a bunch of insults traded back and forth.

Good Luck and let's hope we can get people elected in the future who respect and adhere to the constitution.

Later.

http://forums.eog.com/politics-and-government/good-luck-to-you-guys-220522.html
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2062812 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid">04-03-09, 04:58 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right>#9 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>
scrimmage
EOG Dedicated

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2062812 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: Doc Mercer and Timex...
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Road Dawg
I'm beginning to think that Nic offed himself on Election Night.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Doc Mercer
I can him picture on the bridge doing a Jimmy Stewart

"fuck you Clarence ...I hate blacks and Muslims so get out of my way
as I am jumping ..."

Not defending Nic's political views at all,but he probably decided just to get off the EOG posting merry-go-round,where the same arguements,with the same posters,taking the same predictable postions,keep going in circles as the thread counts many with the same topics again and again,increase steadily up or downward[depending on your POV],leading to er,what exactly?

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~ Lord Macbeth, Macbeth Act V, Scene V, William Shakespeare </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://forums.eog.com/politics-and-...-timex-216019.html?highlight=doc+mercer+timex

Good points, scrimmage. Doc did churn through the same or similar materials most of the time. My utility from the political forum has been generally more tilted toward the entertainment value, which has been severely curtailed by the stifling of doc. From my vantage point, there has always been very few serious contributors here--with a few notable exceptions.

Not to say that Mark L ("joeC") didn't do his darndest to try and ramp up activity during late May as he created his Sodomites Unite! thread, complete with his personally bookmarked links for dozens of photos of old gay men sucking each others' dicks.

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Any thoughts on the atrophied wasteland the political forum has become since doc was silenced?

Greetings Mr. 4625:

To be completely honest with you, the Munchkin Man has not noticed the condition you have described as an "atrophied wasteland" on the EOG Politics and Government Forum, ever since Doc received the fate he so justly and richly deserved.

Instead, the Munchkin Man has noticed a state of increased normalization and stabilization on the EOG Politics and Government Forum.

The Munchkin Man will say, however, that the enlightenment and the overall intellectual quality of the posts of this forum tend to suffer, on any given day when Joe Contrarian does not make a contribution.

For the Munchkin Man, a day without reading Joe Contrarian is like a day without sunshine.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

Yah - It has been great as I don't have to parse through his mountain of bull shit and irrelevant posts to get to the ones that are actually worth reading.

Glad to see he is gone. Probably pissed because he voted the Cretin Obama who will most certainly go down as the worst President in the history of this nation and he knows it.

soli

EOG Dedicated

Greetings Mr. 4625:

To be completely honest with you, the Munchkin Man has not noticed the condition you have described as an "atrophied wasteland" on the EOG Politics and Government Forum, ever since Doc received the fate he so justly and richly deserved.

Instead, the Munchkin Man has noticed a state of increased normalization and stabilization on the EOG Politics and Government Forum.

The Munchkin Man will say, however, that the enlightenment and the overall intellectual quality of the posts of this forum tend to suffer, on any given day when Joe Contrarian does not make a contribution.

For the Munchkin Man, a day without reading Joe Contrarian is like a day without sunshine.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

This statement makes Richard Simmons look like the American Gigolo:gay:

I do derive some slight amusement from a "bit" knob-slobbing on another "bit."

Scott L

EOG Enthusiast

True, yet it's a much smaller landfill. doc was incapable of discussion, and when questioned threw feces in response. Doc was obsessed, starting multiple threads on the same subjects. Others here still do it, but to a much lesser degree.

I guess if you like threads entitled -- "LOL!!!!!! TOO FUNNY!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!! WHERE ARE THE PLANES????????" and pictures of bulldog gannon -- then doc is your idol.

Scott L

EOG Enthusiast

"Scott L, isn't it time for your shift at McDonalds."

There doc, I know you already read my post. I wanted to give you the opportunity to respond.

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

Good points, scrimmage. Doc did churn through the same or similar materials most of the time. My utility from the political forum has been generally more tilted toward the entertainment value, which has been severely curtailed by the stifling of doc. From my vantage point, there has always been very few serious contributors here--with a few notable exceptions.

it would be nice to see some true debate without hatred or cut and paste.
4625;
Entertainment for its own sake has value too,it's fun to see how straitjacked some posters are,and how they continue to espouse opinions to the point of absurdity.

KTBKRUSHER;
"True debate" what's that?Those who use absolutes usually hold the view that their position is the "truth",and would like everyone to come to the same conclusion.

Pg. 69-70
The Kitchen Chronicles: 1001 Lunches with J. Krishnamurti.

Krishnamurti telling a joke...

A young man wanting to find truth goes to see a famous guru.
'Master, can you teach me meditation and truth?' he asks. The guru agrees, and the disciple immediately assumes the lotus posture, closing his eyes and breathing rhythmically to show what he knows. The master doesn't say anything but picks up two stones from the ground and starts rubbing them against each other. Hearing the strange noise, the disciple opens his eyes and asks, 'Master, what are you doing?' The guru answers
'I'm rubbing these stones against each other to polish them into a mirror so I can look at myself.' 'The disciple laughs, 'but master, if you don't mind my telling you: you'll never be able to make a mirror of these stones by rubbing them against each other. You can do that forever, and it won't work.' 'Similarly, my friend,' the master says, 'you can sit like that forever, but you'll never be meditating or understanding truth.'
http://www.katinkahesselink.net/kr/jokes17.html

4625;
Entertainment for its own sake has value too,it's fun to see how straitjacked some posters are,and how they continue to espouse opinions to the point of absurdity.

That's exactly what I was referring to. The wacky-fringe "thoughts" demonstrated here makes me laugh.

It's admittedly less cumbersome scrolling down past a small mountain of NIC DARVOS cryin' threads averaging between zero to a dozen Views than it was to scroll down past a larger mountain of equally uninteresting takes from Senor Mercer.

Raise a glass to Progress and the Increased Fun Factor of Outing closet anti-semites!

It's admittedly less cumbersome scrolling down past a small mountain of NIC DARVOS cryin' threads averaging between zero to a dozen Views than it was to scroll down past a larger mountain of equally uninteresting takes from Senor Mercer.

Raise a glass to Progress and the Increased Fun Factor of Outing closet anti-semites!
:LMAO.. they do have similarities.. anger is definitely the main theme in most of senor and nic's posts..

Scott L

EOG Enthusiast

Nah, Nic is not angry, he's irate.

Doc projectile vomits at more MPH than Linda Blair.

Nah, Nic is not angry, he's irate.

Doc projectile vomits at more MPH than Linda Blair.
Doc is likeable as long as you agree with him. Nic is dreadful under any situation. I would say Doc definitely pitches in with more information, articles and some insights that Nic can't do.

Scott L

EOG Enthusiast

The only thread doc ever posted with information was a link to the Animal Rescue Site. Everything else was hatefilled rhetoric. I wouldn't even call it far left, just far out. The overwhelming majority of it were BS 9/11 threads and calls for Bush and Cheney to be boiled in oil. Anyone who thinks Bush and Cheney should be tortured to death, or they were the planners of 9/11 is not "informative," they're delusional.

Now I'm not defending Nic. I'm not familiar enough with him, and I don't know if he can hold a conversation. Doc sure couldn't. There was no middle-ground with that guy ass he was out of control. Even his insults were boring.

BADTTBONE

EOG Enthusiast

Oh, he's gone ?
I thought he just changed his Party preference and then his name to...... Nicolos Darvas ?:+clueless

The only thread doc ever posted with information was a link to the Animal Rescue Site. Everything else was hatefilled rhetoric. I wouldn't even call it far left, just far out. The overwhelming majority of it were BS 9/11 threads and calls for Bush and Cheney to be boiled in oil. Anyone who thinks Bush and Cheney should be tortured to death, or they were the planners of 9/11 is not "informative," they're delusional.

Now I'm not defending Nic. I'm not familiar enough with him, and I don't know if he can hold a conversation. Doc sure couldn't. There was no middle-ground with that guy ass he was out of control. Even his insults were boring.
that's not true at all. you're right about doc being insane: he is. but he also has added some good things at times to the forum,... perhaps you just disliked him so much you didnt pay mind.. don't waste your time with darvas, if you think doc is unstable then you're not ready for little nicci. he is truly disturbed...

Scott L

EOG Enthusiast

Sanderson I must have missed those "good things." I 've seen this scenario play out at multiple forums over the years. You know what you get when you mix water and poison?

A nutball is banned and memories fade as people forget the havoc he wreaked. Then inevitably, someone calls for him to get another shot to see if he's changed his ways. I refer to this as "Yasser Arafat Syndrome."

Right now different things are happening here, something new and welcome -- People are talking to each other! [Yeah I know, don't go overboard Scottie!]

Can you picture in your mind a screenshot of what this board would look like right now if the mercavirus were again unleashed? Maybe someone can post it in here. 40 threads on the front page with 3 views, and doc making the first and last post. Ugh!

Sanderson I must have missed those "good things." I 've seen this scenario play out at multiple forums over the years. You know what you get when you mix water and poison?

A nutball is banned and memories fade as people forget the havoc he wreaked. Then inevitably, someone calls for him to get another shot to see if he's changed his ways. I refer to this as "Yasser Arafat Syndrome."

Right now different things are happening here, something new and welcome -- People are talking to each other! [Yeah I know, don't go overboard Scottie!]

Can you picture in your mind a screenshot of what this board would look like right now if the mercavirus were again unleashed? Maybe someone can post it in here. 40 threads on the front page with 3 views, and doc making the first and last post. Ugh!

it would be a threadoff to see who can be most obnoxious btwn doc, nicci, and joe cuckold. 2938u4ji23 lots of variations of the word "fuck" would be thrown around too. repeatedly. oh yea, and joey would end every thread by calling all contributors perverts.

Scott L

EOG Enthusiast

Stop =)

There is NO WAY Nic or Joe could hit the 'Submit' button at the rate of speed as Mercavirus. Your last post in this thread was 11 minutes ago. By now it would be on page 2.