Predict (if)-(when) we'll see MLB?

MrTop

EOG Master
I am hoping there is a season with fans. If they do have it they have to be right there are no problems .

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
NBA exploring Las Vegas as a down the stretch option. Looking to cut 10 games off the schedule and play 10 regular season games over a 20 day spread over 5 Vegas venues. Then run playoffs and target a '20-21 Christmas Day regular season start.

MrTop

EOG Master
NBA exploring Las Vegas as a down the stretch option. Looking to cut 10 games off the schedule and play 10 regular season games over a 20 day spread over 5 Vegas venues. Then run playoffs and target a '20-21 Christmas Day regular season start.

i like the idea. It would be a shame not to see Lebron ( 35 y/o ) not have a shot to win vs freak this year since the lakers are running well

dogball

EOG Master
Summer programs at many colleges all ready canceled. I think it’s telling about where we will be And the limitations on travel and social gathering.
Hope I’m wrong , no sports during all this horrible but I think the 100 game season is unrealistic and bookmaker has NO nfl season starting on time -175
Says something about July baseball

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Yeah, Dog. I'm slowly coming to realization sports is altered for a long time. Owners and leagues are in it for the money. If people arent going to the games which they wont because most wont be rushing out to catch a baseball, basketball or football with a whole bunch of other people right next to you.

MrTop

EOG Master
Full Recovery for Sports Betting Industry Likely Not in the Cards for 2020, Says William Hill US CEO

railbird

EOG Master
no shot fans will be in attendance. empty stadiums for all sports this yr, and will be interuption for 2nd wave also. so why bother.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
If there's any bright side, more money to be saved, horse racing, and very limited soccer available. Plus WrestleMania this weekend in front of an empty Raymond James.

Valuist

EOG Master
With a second wave likely, fans would stay away anyways. If this is a Depression 2.0, you aren't going to be seeing full stands at any sporting events.

dogball

EOG Master
With a second wave likely, fans would stay away anyways. If this is a Depression 2.0, you aren't going to be seeing full stands at any sporting events.
If there’s a second wave I assume they would cancel sports again and not risk health of players and spreading through travel.
people will have no money for tickets as you note also, good video in other tread debunking the CCP

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

IF CFB is impacted in any way (how can it not) this ill CRUSH many programs because school like: Notre Dame, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, LSU............and more..........use the revenue the football team generates to pay for almost all non-revenue generating sports:......Tennis, Cross Country, Golf, Rowing/Crew................and more. That impact will be huge

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
IF CFB is impacted in any way (how can it not) this ill CRUSH many programs because school like: Notre Dame, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, LSU............and more..........use the revenue the football team generates to pay for almost all non-revenue generating sports:......Tennis, Cross Country, Golf, Rowing/Crew................and more. That impact will be huge

The 70 mile bus ride from Kalamazoo (Western Mi) to Notre Dame to pick up $1 mil and the exposure on NBC is huge for the athletic dept.

Valuist

EOG Master
Trump had a conference call with all the major sports commissioners. In the ESPN.com story, they mentioned Trump had hoped the NFL was up and running to be going on time for week 1 of the regular season. Gavin Newsom was asked some questions, and he did not sound optimistic on that happening. This is all about the NFL. Anything before that, likely out the window (MLB, NBA and NHL).

The fact that the Derby moved all the way to September, just further evidence not much expected to happen before Labor Day.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Trump had a conference call with all the major sports commissioners. In the ESPN.com story, they mentioned Trump had hoped the NFL was up and running to be going on time for week 1 of the regular season. Gavin Newsom was asked some questions, and he did not sound optimistic on that happening. This is all about the NFL. Anything before that, likely out the window (MLB, NBA and NHL).

The fact that the Derby moved all the way to September, just further evidence not much expected to happen before Labor Day.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens July 4 with the Hot Dog eating contest. They can still have it. Just not at Coney Island. I can see them having it at the ESPN Studios or some lace like that with the competitors 6-feet apart although that would be a very hard sell knowing what the word will be like at that time

Valuist

EOG Master
Thanks for posting.

Great. Let's eliminate Rookie Leagues so young players can work on their "analytic tools"? Just what the game needs; more strikeouts and walks.

What makes this so moronic is MLB teams keep expanding their international player pool. Most IFA’s (average age 16 years old) play one year in the Dominican Summer League before they debut stateside. I’d imagine many of those players will now have to spend more time in that league.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Cheapseats! I was just going to post that but there is more than just him reporting it. Many people are claiming May now!

HOLY MOLY.......

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
# BASEBALL IN MAY?!

All baseball teams in Arizona and they will use Chase Field and all the spring training fields. No fans to start out, just teams and their staff.